Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris What command to check system hardware Post 60963 by RTM on Wednesday 26th of January 2005 10:12:54 AM
Old 01-26-2005
/usr/platform/`uname -m`/sbin/prtdiag -v

(uname -m should be correct - you are looking for the 'family' of sun - sun4u, sun4m,... you can check with uname -a)
This User Gave Thanks to RTM For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How To Check Hardware RAID On Windows and Linux

Hello, I have Win NT server running and I want to know how can I get Hardware RAID settings without rebooting the server? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

check external hardware connected to linux/solaris machines

hello, I'm planning to do inventory of all our servers but this time it's more on physical. Meaning I would like to check all hardware connected to it (external only like storage, power support) including the count Would like to get perhaps its serial nr..(linux and solaris different servers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check hardware data compression

Hi, I'm looking to check the compression ratio applied by hardware to work out how much free space we have on tapes. mt -f /dev/rmt0 status shows: If I add up the output of the du command and what we backup from the script, it gives me the total space we tape up. So the plan was to find the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rab
4 Replies

4. AIX

System P hardware

hello everybody, Is there any training to get deep knowledge an hands on lab with system p hardware firmware microcode upgrading etc... thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

5. Solaris

how to check for hardware layered raid in solaris 10 ?

hi all, will command metastats tell whether there is hardware layered raid ? i intend to do patching and plug out one of the disks in case the one inside encountered issues. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Exposure
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Check Hardware compatibility via LIVE CD

Hi Can i use Solaris LIVE CD to verify that ubuntu has all drivers present for a certain desktop PC? which Live CD should i use ? there any many varities out there Before i purchase this expensive PC i want to ensure Solairs has all drivers for it. Specs are : Processor Intel Core i7... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kashif_islam
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Manufacturer name of computer system(hardware) , processor

Hi All, Can someone let me know the method or set of commands by which i can retrive manufacturer name of computer system (hardware of machine ) and manufacturer of processor. i get below information when fired psrinfo command : psrinfo -vp The physical processor has 1 virtual processor... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Hardware and system timing are different

-> We have 2 servers server1 and server2 server. ->server1 is master application and server2 is slave application server. ->output of server1 hardware and slave timing: # hwclock --show Thu 05 Jun 2014 05:34:08 PM SGT -0.465666 seconds # date Thu Jun 5 17:34:16 SGT 2014 # cd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
6 Replies

9. HP-UX

Check hardware

Hi, I have HP-UX version 11.23. Yesterday i saw error on syslog show Ultra SCSI 320 have issue. This rx3600 connect to EVA. How to check how many LUN connected and the connectivity to EVA? I suspect on board controller at rx3600 have a problem. The disk on local not show amber light.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Command To Find the System Configuration And Hardware Information

Hello guys. I wanted to find the System Configuration and Hardware Information on one of my servers. Here is part of the cpu info: CPU core info: processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 44 model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ymir
2 Replies
UNAME(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  UNAME(3)

NAME
uname -- get system identification LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/utsname.h> int uname(struct utsname *name); DESCRIPTION
The uname() function stores nul-terminated strings of information identifying the current system into the structure referenced by name. The utsname structure is defined in the <sys/utsname.h> header file, and contains the following members: sysname Name of the operating system implementation. nodename Network name of this machine. release Release level of the operating system. version Version level of the operating system. machine Machine hardware platform. RETURN VALUES
If uname is successful, 0 is returned, otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
The uname() function may fail and set errno for any of the errors specified for the library functions sysctl(3). SEE ALSO
uname(1), sysctl(3) STANDARDS
The uname() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1990 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The uname function first appeared in 4.4BSD. BSD
March 30, 2011 BSD