Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Undo delete
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Undo delete Post 60471 by 98_1LE on Monday 17th of January 2005 09:23:20 PM
Old 01-17-2005
You might try "unrm". A friend used it years ago and said it works.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/unrm/

Or do a search on google for more hits.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

undo installation on AIX 4.3

Hi, How can I undo installation of a package on AIX 4.3 properly? It's an install script. On linux, I usually just kill the process and delete from disk with this command "find .... exec rm -r {}\;". And it usually works. Can I do the same with AIX 4.3? Thanks, Itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

how to undo the last installed update on fedora.

Hi All, I'm a newbie to system administration, I'd like to know how to check the logs (what update was installed last) , and I'd like to know how to undo the last update on the fedora 9 system ( kindof an equivalent to system restore in windows). I have a HP 22 inch monitor, when I installed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Undo vgextend

Hi I had extended one of the FS yesterday as rsync was failing and the temp solution was to extend it to 4GB while we worked on cron script. spthrv01:/root# bdf /p05 Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg232/lvol1 130940928 82208608 48385792 63% /p05 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doing undo in Vi editor

I generally use 'u' to do undo in vi editor. The problem is that it only does one level of undo. Is it possible to recursively undo all the changes in vi editor till we reach the original stage. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I undo a link?

Hi. Newbie here....so Unix for Dummies question for sure. I was compiling a piece of software and having problems and somebody suggested: sudo ln -s /usr/X11 /usr/X11R6 Didn't work. How do I undo this? I am on a Mac OS X snow leopard. I figure it is something with the unlink command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stoucha
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Undo in unix

Hi All, Is there any undo option is there in unix same as recycle bin in windows? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
5 Replies

7. Solaris

disabled nwam - how to undo?

I installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine and connected to it remotely using putty. I then run the svcadm disable /network/physical:nwam command to stop the NWAM service. Now I cannot connect to the Solaris machine remotely anymore, but I have physical access to it as well. How do I undo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RychnD
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to undo hyphenation in columns

I have a file with two columns (output from Tivoli Storage Manager) where each column has 13 character spaces and they are separated by 5 spaces. The columns are schedule names and node names and many of them are longer than 13 characters so they get hyphenated by TSM during the output. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jongudm
3 Replies

9. AIX

mount /test / is it possible to undo?

Hello! As a totally newbie I was testing 'mount' command but it doesn't worked for me. then finally I used this commend above 'mount /test / ' - and sever doesn't respond now :/ Is it possible to undo somehow this commanand? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jui_01
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Undo overwrite file in UNIX?

Hi, Could anyone please advise if its possible in unix to undo the changes for a file that has been overwrriten. By mistake i have overwritten a file and now i need the original file, is there a way? Please Help!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail.chiranjit
2 Replies
RMF(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)