Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: executing .profile with ssh
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users executing .profile with ssh Post 59496 by moxxx68 on Tuesday 21st of December 2004 10:43:54 AM
Old 12-21-2004
you know i wouldn't doubt it if the man pages had options that could override the problem that you were having staticaly rather than the global changes that you made.. even though configuring the confi.files should be the first place to search.. that way if you decide to keep the changes you are not constantly messing with options..
thanx for the update
moxxx68

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing .profile

AIX 4.3.3 I am having trouble when logging into the system as userA. It does not seem that the $HOME/.profile is executing. I have checked to make sure the .profile exists in userA's home directory, belongs to userA, and has the file permissions 740. I know the .profile is not being executed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing .profile from perl script

Hi, How can i execute .profile from a perl script I need this - i am trying to run perl script from crontab and it looses the environment variables Please provide help Your help is greatly appreciated Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prekida
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh and executing a for loop

Hi all, I am trying to run a script which is expected to do: on the remote machine, There are two directories /export/home/abc1,/export/home/abc2 i am trying to do, ssh SERVERNAME "for i in `ls -l /export/home/abc*|awk '{print $9}'`; do cd $i; ls -l; done" But its not working ,iam... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jartan
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing commands over ssh

Hi I am trying to send a command over ssh with a parameter but the shell fails to expand the command properly any ideas what am i doing wrong with this. This is ssh on AIX for i in 71 72 73 74 75 do for server in server1 server2 do somestr="Some String" echo "$server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
3 Replies

5. AIX

SSH and a users .profile

How do I get a command like "ssh Theuser@host date" to execute the /home/Theuser/.profile before executing the "date" command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IL-Malti
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing a command using ssh

Hi All, I am trying to execute a command using ssh as below. ssh user123@servername "which ctmcontb" It is gving the error as below no ctmcontb in /usr/bin /usr/sbin /opt/sysadm/bin Not sure from where the PATH is getting picked up. But When I login direclty to the server I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilreddy103
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

Remote ssh execution and .profile issues

Greetings, i'm currently having issues in successfully executing a script from one server to other, and i'm cracking my nut in understanding why. Let's get started with the default info: Server A: briozzo@A:/home/briozzo $ uname -a HP-UX A B.11.31 U ia64 2787251109 unlimited-user license ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbriozzo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing remote commands via ssh

Hi, I'm tryin to write a script that will collect information about a remote servers, put them into variables and print them to screen. # /usr/bin/bash ls $1 > /dev/null 2>/dev/null if then echo "$1 is file" for server in $(cat $1) do # echo $server ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh & load custom profile

i've created a custom profile that contains custom functions and alias' etc... it's called .jason_profile currently we ssh to the server then load the profile manually from the cmd line i.e . /home/jack/.jack_profile we want to be able to ssh and source the profile automatically but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack.bauer
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing profile from any directory other than $HOME

Is there a way to run the profile which is not in $HOME directory? then whats the command for that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SKhan
1 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)                                                BSD General Commands Manual                                               SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project