Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cron + Script = No Output?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cron + Script = No Output? Post 59292 by jmf77 on Wednesday 15th of December 2004 12:40:21 PM
Old 12-15-2004
Well, adding 2>&1 actually put some output in the file, except it's not what I'd hoped. I get some kind of "Resource not available" error written to the file now. What does that translate to?

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

cron output = 0 bytes

I have a cron job set to run a script everyday. If I run the script out side of cron it runs correctly. If cron runs the script is produces a 0 byte file and it puts the output in the / directory. The script is set to put the output in a specific directory. Any help would be appreciated. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbattreall
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that Redirect SSH output via cron

Hi, I have a script that's being called via a crontab which is a wrapper script that creates a log for the script that gets executed. Within the script that gets executed, it also run's subscripts. I've been able to get everything to work .. but the issue is one of the subscript that goes out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: primp
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron output error

I am attempting to run a cron job, however, I receive this cron output error: Error: of parameter : xxxxx does not make a valid output file. What causes this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AM1234
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not running from cron it gives blank output

Hi, I have ascript which drops a mail with the jobs status. here is the script: #!/bin/ksh mypath=/home/gaddamja flashlogpath=/sbcimp/dyn/data/flash/log cd $mypath v1=`ls -lrt | grep -i checkFilesForAmber_EUR1. |tail -1 | awk '{print $8}'` v2=`cat $v1` cd $flashlogpath ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Cron task output is 0, script output is OK

I have the following cron task set to run every 15 minutes to ascertain how many users are in the system and append the result to the log. /home/pronto/cus/whoisinc >> /home/pronto/cus/whoisin.log This is the whoisinc script date +"%d-%m-%Y,%k:%M,Pronto Users,`prowho -s | grep -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottm
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron a script and output to file named with date stamp

I can do this from the command line: /home/mylogin/tests/script.sh > /home/mylogin/tests/`date +"%Y%m%d"`log.csv It yields a file named: 20110429log.csv I would like to schedule with cron to run daily. when I enter the same line, as above in cron: 10 16 * * *... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: landog
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix. please help me. how my cron job entry should be? As of now my cron job entry is to run the script at specific time, 15 03 * * * /path/sample.sh | mail -s "Logs" email_id In the above entry, what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running same script through cron gives different output

Hi All, I am running the below shell script through cron and surprisingly it gives different output $uname -a Linux 2.6.18-194.3.1.7.3.el5xen #1 SMP Fri Jul 30 00:08:45 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash shell script: cat sar_cpu.sh #!/bin/bash ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script run by cron gives no output

Hi All, I have a script which checks the status of HP Smart Array & then emails me the output. The script run fine when executed manually but I receive no output when configured in a cron job. The script is below: hpacucli ctrl slot=3 show config | mail -s "ARRAY STATUS-`date`"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem with Cron: Script works manually but not w/Cron. Why?

Hello gurus, I am making what I think is a simple db2 call from within a shell script but I am having difficulty producing the desired report when I run the script shown below from a shell script in cron. For example, my script and the crontab file setup is shown below: #!/bin/ksh db2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: okonita
3 Replies
POE::Resource::Sessions(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      POE::Resource::Sessions(3pm)

NAME
POE::Resource::Sessions - internal session manager for POE::Kernel SYNOPSIS
There is no public API. DESCRIPTION
POE::Resource::Sessions is a mix-in class for POE::Kernel. It provides the internal features that manage sessions, regardless of the session type. It is used internally by POE::Kernel. so it has no public interface. SEE ALSO
See POE::Session and POE::NFA for one type of session. CPAN also have others. See "Sessions" in POE::Kernel for a discussion about POE::Kernel sessions. See "Session Lifespans" in POE::Kernel to learn why sessions run, and how to stop them. See "Session Management" in POE::Kernel for information about managing sessions in your applications, and the events that occur when sessions come and go. See "Session Helper Methods" in POE::Kernel for friend methods between POE::Kernel and POE::Session classes. See "Resources" in POE::Kernel for for public information about POE resources. See POE::Resource for general discussion about resources and the classes that manage them. BUGS
None known. AUTHORS &; COPYRIGHTS Please see POE for more information about authors and contributors. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-15 POE::Resource::Sessions(3pm)