Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How do I configure TCP/IP
Special Forums IP Networking How do I configure TCP/IP Post 5895 by alwayslearningunix on Saturday 25th of August 2001 03:42:17 PM
Old 08-25-2001
What do you mean configure tcp/ip? Networking is intrinsic to the *IX OS, could you be a bit more specific please.

Regards.
alwayslearningunix

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

configure TCP/IP for solaris 8

Hello, I have 4 unix (Solaris 8) stations need to setup on network. what is a easy way and quick to setup TCP/IP so I can bring it online?. Please advise! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phapvn
3 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Tcp/ip

!HELLO , What is the maximum number of hosts on a TCP/IP internet? plz can u help me. :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smdakram
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

TCP Wrappers

I have installed TCP wrappers , Good package ... I have a problem with the hosts_options part ... I am not able to use the twist command .. It just dosent respond I have compiled wrappers 7.6 for Solaris 8 with ipv6 support ... Everything works fine except the twist doesnt work I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DPAI
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure Full Duplex and TCP/IP

We are using ZIX 4.3.3 and we need to configure the NIC for ful duplexing and we also need to configure it for a TCP/IP default gateway and DNS server to acccess the Interent. Can you please tell me the commands and procedures for configuring this? Thanks Marc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marc3483
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Tcp\ip

I have written a TCP/IP client and server program. The client sends a message to the server and then the server sends a file back to the client. The client reads the buffer and stores it another file in the client side. I need to know what are the various exceptions that I need to handle in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
0 Replies

6. Solaris

How can i Configure TCP Keepalive on sun solaris 9 machine?

I've installed sun solaris 9 and i need to know how can i enable TCP Keepalive to ping socket connections every 300 seconds? Thanks, Mohammed Amin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_amin
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

about TCP connection

Hi Experts, need help about release or refresh TCP Connection: i have the sample like below : application log connection: 0500 ( 192.168.0.1:36053) 00919 2007/05/10 23:30:25 112 13 2007/05/10 23:30:25 1969/12/31 17:00:00 0500 ( 192.168.0.1:36054) 00920 2007/05/10 23:30:26 000 00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

tcp/ip problem

how the data from disk is loaded into memory and then it transfered to tcp/ip packet. how i can find how many pages are loaded into memory by that process what is the rate of context switch for that process. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amar20
5 Replies

9. Programming

TCP/IP Illustrated

Hi guys. I'm going to buy TCP/IP Illustrated series(3 Volumes). But I saw that these books are very outdated. But reviews at amazon says that these books are awesome. What is your idea? Is it worth? What else do you suggest? I'm interested in practical books from protocol design to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Too much TCP retransmitted and TCP duplicate on server Oracle Solaris 10

I have problem with oracle solaris 10 running on oracle sparc T4-2 server. Os information: 5.10 Generic_150400-03 sun4v sparc sun4v Output from tcpstat.d script TCP bytes: out outRetrans in inDup inUnorder 6833763 7300 98884 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
2 Replies
tcp.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							      tcp.h(3HEAD)

NAME
tcp.h, tcp - definitions for the Internet Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) SYNOPSIS
#include <netinet/tcp.h> DESCRIPTION
The <netinet/tcp.h> header defines the following macro for use as a socket option at the IPPROTO_TCP level: TCP_NODELAY Avoid coalescing of small segments. The macro is defined in the header. The implementation need not allow the value of the option to be set with setsockopt() or retrieved with getsockopt(). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getsockopt(3XNET), socket.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Sep 2004 tcp.h(3HEAD)