Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sending a break
Operating Systems Solaris Sending a break Post 58286 by Acleoma on Wednesday 17th of November 2004 12:21:46 PM
Old 11-17-2004
Sending a break

Is it possiable to do this. I have a V880 server that I need to get to the ok prompt on.

I telnet to a term server that the Solairs server is connected to so I am really not on the term server though I can access the server and send commands. I sent a command that I need to break and get back to the ok prompt but since I am not connected to the term server <again only access is through telnet to the term server> so I cant send the normal break command we use. Is there another command that I would be able to use to get back to the ok prompt?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

break out of 'if'

is it possible? because i still need to keep on reading even though i don't want to read that particular line (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on page break

Hi, i have a file say samp.s which has 123 a b c d 123 e f g h 123 i j k l 123 m n o p 234 a b c d 234 e f g h 234 i j k l the first 3 characters in each line are considered the key values i have one more file temp.txt which has 123 234 i want to have a page break in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheema
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break down a string

I am wondering how can I take a variable that may have multiple items of data and to use each one indenpendently. For example lets say that.... data=/lcl/apps/trm, /lcl/apps/wwe, /prd/sse/qwe, /lcl/ppe/eer Now I would like to be able to process each item found within the data string. As... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to break cat

Greetings. cat $name$telephonenumber >> telephonebook.txtI would like to break cat with the command 'break'. Pretty hard to understand huh? So to clarify it: echo "If you want to stop adding datas to your telephonebook please type 'break' if #this part is probably not good then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddhist
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

break: cannot break

hi guys I am working on a menu for linux... some basic stuff. but I have an issue. I got 1 server where something is working and the same thing does not work in the same way in another linux box Basically I am simulating a command line where user insert some commands and to end and go back... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: Break line, read, break again, read again...

...when the lines use both a colon and commas to separate the parts you want read as information. The first version of this script used cut and other non-Bash-builtins, frequently, which made it nice and zippy with little more than average processor load in GNOME Terminal but, predictably, slow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VI Line Break?

So I'm in a Unix class and our assignment was to go into VI and write a script to make this file tree. At the end of it, I'd like it to echo "This is the file tree you've created" then a line break, then . But I'm not sure as to who to do it. Is there a way for when I run it (./filesystem), the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbowers
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break vs Continue

Okay so I am having trouble understand what the computer will do with a code like this if ; then echo echo "Found the file" blah blah blah for i in `blah blah blah` ; do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shade917
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break out of tail -f

Hi, I have a requirement to monitor a srver log file realtime for a word 'Started'. Once found, I invoke another program tp perform additional processing. The code below meets my requirement. tail -f nohup.out | \ while read line ; do echo "$line" | grep -i "Started" if then java... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai2013
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to break the line to the one above?

Hello everyone! I'm trying to make the below file1 look like file2, can anyone help? Basically I just hit backspace on every line that starts with a number. Thanks! file1: THIS#IS-IT1 4 THIS#IS-IT2 3 THIS#IS-IT3 2 THIS#IS-IT4 1 Result > file2: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
4 Replies
notificationconf(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 				       notificationconf(1)

NAME
notificationconf -- configures how aosnotifyd responds to the NSServerNotificationCenter api SYNOPSIS
notificationconf command [command_args] DESCRIPTION
notificationconf is a utility to configure the push notification client functionality. The functionality is accessed by programs using the NSServerNotification api, and this utility configures options for aosnotifyd that are outside the scope of the api. USAGE
You must specify a command to select a specific function to perform. Each command accepts its own arguments. COMMAND SUMMARY
Here are brief descriptions of all the notificationconf commands: setpass hostname username Configures a password and user name in the keychain that aosnotifyd can use to access a notification server. It prompts for the password. removepass hostname Removes the keychain entry for the specified server usessl hostname Forces the client to use an SSL connection to the specified server. The server must have a certificate the client will validate. nossl hostname Sets the client back to the default state of not using an SSL connection for the specified server. createnode hostname nodename username Creates a node on the server to send notifications using. Before a client can subscribe to notifications with a given name, the server must be configured with a node with a matching name. A user name is specified and the tool prompts for a password. This user must have permissions to create notification nodes on the server. FILES
/usr/bin/notificationconf SEE ALSO
aosnotifyd(8) Mac OS X 12 March 2009 Mac OS X