Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sending a break
Operating Systems Solaris Sending a break Post 58286 by Acleoma on Wednesday 17th of November 2004 12:21:46 PM
Old 11-17-2004
Sending a break

Is it possiable to do this. I have a V880 server that I need to get to the ok prompt on.

I telnet to a term server that the Solairs server is connected to so I am really not on the term server though I can access the server and send commands. I sent a command that I need to break and get back to the ok prompt but since I am not connected to the term server <again only access is through telnet to the term server> so I cant send the normal break command we use. Is there another command that I would be able to use to get back to the ok prompt?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

break out of 'if'

is it possible? because i still need to keep on reading even though i don't want to read that particular line (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on page break

Hi, i have a file say samp.s which has 123 a b c d 123 e f g h 123 i j k l 123 m n o p 234 a b c d 234 e f g h 234 i j k l the first 3 characters in each line are considered the key values i have one more file temp.txt which has 123 234 i want to have a page break in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheema
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break down a string

I am wondering how can I take a variable that may have multiple items of data and to use each one indenpendently. For example lets say that.... data=/lcl/apps/trm, /lcl/apps/wwe, /prd/sse/qwe, /lcl/ppe/eer Now I would like to be able to process each item found within the data string. As... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to break cat

Greetings. cat $name$telephonenumber >> telephonebook.txtI would like to break cat with the command 'break'. Pretty hard to understand huh? So to clarify it: echo "If you want to stop adding datas to your telephonebook please type 'break' if #this part is probably not good then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddhist
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

break: cannot break

hi guys I am working on a menu for linux... some basic stuff. but I have an issue. I got 1 server where something is working and the same thing does not work in the same way in another linux box Basically I am simulating a command line where user insert some commands and to end and go back... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: Break line, read, break again, read again...

...when the lines use both a colon and commas to separate the parts you want read as information. The first version of this script used cut and other non-Bash-builtins, frequently, which made it nice and zippy with little more than average processor load in GNOME Terminal but, predictably, slow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VI Line Break?

So I'm in a Unix class and our assignment was to go into VI and write a script to make this file tree. At the end of it, I'd like it to echo "This is the file tree you've created" then a line break, then . But I'm not sure as to who to do it. Is there a way for when I run it (./filesystem), the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbowers
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break vs Continue

Okay so I am having trouble understand what the computer will do with a code like this if ; then echo echo "Found the file" blah blah blah for i in `blah blah blah` ; do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shade917
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break out of tail -f

Hi, I have a requirement to monitor a srver log file realtime for a word 'Started'. Once found, I invoke another program tp perform additional processing. The code below meets my requirement. tail -f nohup.out | \ while read line ; do echo "$line" | grep -i "Started" if then java... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai2013
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to break the line to the one above?

Hello everyone! I'm trying to make the below file1 look like file2, can anyone help? Basically I just hit backspace on every line that starts with a number. Thanks! file1: THIS#IS-IT1 4 THIS#IS-IT2 3 THIS#IS-IT3 2 THIS#IS-IT4 1 Result > file2: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
4 Replies
VDETELWEB(1)						      General Commands Manual						      VDETELWEB(1)

NAME
vdetelweb - Virtual Distributed Ethernet Telnet and/or Web management module SYNOPSIS
vdetelweb [ --web ] [ --telnet ] [ --nodename nodename ] [ --daemon ] [ --rcfile rcfile ] mgmt_socket DESCRIPTION
vdetelweb implements a tiny telnet server and/or a tiny web server for the remote management of a VDE2 switch. OPTIONS
-w, --web start the web server. At least one of --web or --telnet must be set. -t, --telnet start the telnet server. At least one of --web or --telnet must be set. -n, --nodename nodename specify the nodename as seen from remote connections (e.g. in the command prompt or in the web page title). uname nodename is used when this option is not specified. -d, --daemon run as a daemon, using syslog for logging. -f, --rcfile rcfile rc file to set the initial switch configuration. When not specified, vdetelweb searches for ~/.vde/vdetelwebrc and /etc/vde/vdetel- webrc. At leas one rc file must exist and be readable. -h, --help print help. please use it for a more complete list of options. mgmt_socket is the managemnt socket used to communicate with the vde_switch. (This option must match the path used in the -M option for the vde_switch). NOTICE
Virtual Distributed Ethernet is not related in any way with www.vde.com ("Verband der Elektrotechnik, Elektronik und Informationstechnik" i.e. the German "Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies"). SEE ALSO
vde_switch(1), vde_plug(1), vdeq(1). dpipe(1). unixterm(1). AUTHOR
VDE is a project by Renzo Davoli <renzo@cs.unibo.it> Virtual Distributed Ethernet June 16, 2008 VDETELWEB(1)