Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Odd file with no name
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Odd file with no name Post 58089 by FinalFantasy on Saturday 13th of November 2004 04:23:33 AM
Old 11-13-2004
ls -i
you will get inode numbers, associated with those files

to delete one of them: XXX is the inode number of the file
find -inum XXX -exec rm {} \;

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Odd File Listing and unable to deleted

Hi, I'm trying to delete some files that are causing a script to malfunction. I cannot seem to remove them even with -f. I have tried chmod and chown and they don't seem to be affected the files at all. they have weird dates listings, too. Here is their listing: br-xr-xrwt 29561 538995051... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jason Brice
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

even odd script

I need a unix script that check for even or odd. EXAMPLE:::: please enter the number to check: 12 the output: This is an even number it has to have prompts. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snyper2k2
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Odd and even file names

Hello, I want to sort/identify 600 files according to odd or even numbers in the files names. How can I do this? The goal is to perform different ImageMagick operations based on even or odd numbers in the file names. The file names have this pattern: bdf0001.tif, bdf0044.tif and bdf0136.tif ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garganmou
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding the odd one out!

Hi guys, I wondered if someone would be able to help me. I have a number of files which all have entries in them looking something like; And I'm looking for a way where by I can compare a number of these files and identify the odd numbers in the sequence. So for example if I had to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

odd problem in read lines from file

Hi, I wrote a small program to read lines from a file and count the lines. The program is as below: filename=$1 count=0 cat $filename | while read -r line do printf "%5d:%s\n" $count "$line" count=$((count + 1)) done echo " $count " After I run the program, the result is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jianma
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Odd vi error

Hello, I have a weird think going on, on one of my servers. vi filename "/var/tmp" No such file or directory What going on here? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seperate Odd and Even numbers from 1 file to 2 files

Hey guys. I have been trying to figure out an easy way to seperate a liste of 150k numbers (10 digits) in a .txt file into odd and even numbers with each of their own files, for a project at work. I've tried Excel, but it was too much for it and it wasnt very simple. So i gave up after... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: TranceC
13 Replies
ln03jaof(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       ln03jaof(8)

NAME
ln03jaof - Filter for the Japanese LN03S-JA printer SYNOPSIS
/usr/lbin/ln03jaof [-c] [-h host] [-i indent] [-l length] [-L locale] [-n login] [-w width] [accounting_file] OPTIONS
Prints control characters. Specifies the host name of the job owner. This name can contain Japanese characters. Specifies the amount of indentation. The default value is no (no indentation). Specifies the page length in lines. The default value is 66. Specifies the printer codeset. This value must be a valid locale name. The default value is ja_JP.deckanji. Specifies the login name of the job owner. This name can contain Japanese characters. Specifies the page width in columns. The default value is 132. OPERANDS
Specifies the file to record accounting information. DESCRIPTION
The ln03jaof filter is used to filter text data for the LN03S-JA printer. The filter handles the device dependencies of the printer and performs accounting functions. At print job completion times, accounting records are written to the file specified by the af field in the /etc/printcap file. The ln03jaof filter can handle plain text files and files that have been preprocessed by nroff. Either kind of file can contain non-ASCII characters. The filter translates nroff control sequences for underlining, superscripting, and subscripting into the proper control sequences for the LN03S-JA printer. The ln03jaof filter can be the specified filter in both the of and the if fields in the /etc/printcap file. For a description of these fields, see printcap(4). The LN03S-JA printer can be configured to use the software on-demand loading (SoftODL) mechanism to print user-defined characters (UDCs). See i18n_printing(5) for a description of SoftODL. To enable SoftODL printing, set the ys field in /etc/printcap to 256. You can also set the default SoftODL database, style, and size by using the odldb and odlstyle options of the ya field. If you specify a value for the yt field, use fifo. For more information on these fields and associated options, refer to printcap(4). NOTES
The lpr command supports a number of options and associated arguments to enable localization features supported by various printers. The following can be used with the ln03jaof print filter: To specify the SoftODL database path To specify SoftODL font style and size For a complete description of the -A option and its arguments, refer to lpr(1). ERRORS
The lf field (default value is /dev/null) in the /etc/printcap file specifies the name of the error log. SEE ALSO
Commands: lpr(1), pr(1), lpd(8), pac(8) Files: printcap(4) Others: i18n_printing(5) ln03jaof(8)