Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX convert date in lilian format for shell (AIX) Post 57839 by chocolate on Monday 8th of November 2004 09:57:36 AM
Old 11-08-2004
Data convert date in lilian format for shell (AIX)

hello !

can so help me ? i'm writting a shell srcipt ( UNIX AIX) and I'd like to convert a date as 20041108 in lilian format.

thanks so much

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert mmddyy date format to ccyyddd format??

hi, for reading a cobol indexed file i need to convert "mmddyy" date format to "ccyyddd" format. i checked the datecalc and other scripts but couldnt modify them to cater to my need:(... The datecalc gives an output which i believe is the total days till that date, but i want to convert it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhups
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert date format

Hi All, Need your help in converting a date format in ksh. I'm currently working on SUN os where my script is getting a date from a table. The result returns to ksh in this format: 17-JUL-08 How do i convert this string to a date format like yyyymmdd? I tried #!/bin/ksh d="17-JUL-08"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: agathaeleanor
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format to mysql date format in log file

I have a comma delimited log file which has the date as MM/DD/YY in the 2nd column, and HH:MM:SS in the 3rd column. I need to change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD and merge it with the the time HH:MM:SS. How will I got about this? Sample input 02/27/09,23:52:31 02/27/09,23:52:52... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date to Unix format

Dear Expert How to convert date in format of YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS to unix format using a script or command if avaliable Example "2011-05-15 18:00:00" is converted to 1330970400 I tried to use option d in date command but no use, Im using solaris 10 Thanks a lot (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format

I've been using this thread: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/58675-change-date-dd-mmm-yyyy-mm-dd-yyyy.html and https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/14655-changing-yyyy-mm-dd-ddmmyy.html and this code: on this format: 05/16/2008 18:30:49 Installation 48985and I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba_frog
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert any date format into yyyy/mm/dd

How can I convert any user inputted date into yyyy/mm/dd ? For example user can input date one of the following 20120121 , 2012-01-21 ,01/21/2012,01/21/2012 etc But I need to convert any of the date entered by user into yyyy/mm/dd (2012/01/2012). Any suggestion. Thanks in advance this is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZeroHedge
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk convert date format

Could you tell me how to convert the following dates? If I have m/d/yyyy, I want to have 0m/0d/yyyy. I want my dates to always be 8 digits. In other words, I want a 0 inserted whenever the month or day is a single digit. My issue is first I need to use FS="," to get field $4 for the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbrunc
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert string into date format

Hi, I am getting the below string as a input for date. 12/03/2013 11:02 AM I want to change this date as 03-DEC-2013 11:02 AM. Could you please help on this. Thanks Chelladurai (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Date Format

Hello, I want to change the format of date value in variable. e.g. cur_date = '2013/03/13 14:24:50' (yyyy/mm/dd hh24:mi:ss) I want to change this to '13-MAR-2013 14:24:50 Following code coverts the current date to format I am looking for. But I do not know how this can be done for a date... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cartrider
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date format

Hi guys I am looking to convert this kind of entry in a txt file 26/04/2008 to April 2008 Note : this is not using the date command , these are date entries in a file can i do this with sed ? Use code tags, thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnnybananas
5 Replies
DP(8)								     [nmh-1.5]								     DP(8)

NAME
dp - parse dates 822-style SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/dp [-form formatfile] [-format string] [-width columns] [-version] [-help] dates ... DESCRIPTION
Dp is a program that parses dates according to the ARPA Internet standard. It also understands many non-standard formats, such as those produced by TOPS-20 sites and some UNIX sites using ctime(3). It is useful for seeing how nmh will interpret a date. The dp program treats each argument as a single date, and prints the date out in the official 822-format. Hence, it is usually best to enclose each argument in quotes for the shell. To override the output format used by dp, the -format string or -format file switches are used. This permits individual fields of the address to be extracted with ease. The string is simply a format string and the file is simply a format file. See mh-format(5) for the details. Here is the default format string used by dp: %<(nodate{text})error: %{text}%|%(putstr(pretty{text}))%> which says that if an error was detected, print the error, a `:', and the date in error. Otherwise, output the 822-proper format of the date. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
None SEE ALSO
ap(8), Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text Messages (RFC-822) DEFAULTS
`-format' default as described above `-width' default to the width of the terminal CONTEXT
None BUGS
The argument to the -format switch must be interpreted as a single token by the shell that invokes dp. Therefore, one must usually place the argument to this switch inside quotes. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 DP(8)