Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: telnet in a script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers telnet in a script Post 578 by vaccari on Friday 15th of December 2000 09:57:55 AM
Old 12-15-2000
I understand the concept very well. I have tried to automate it in my script but it doesn't take the login and password. Do you have an example?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

telnet in a script

Does anyone have a script that contains the telnet command and passes the login and password in the script as well? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaccari
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet through script

Hi, How to write a script to perform telnet/ftp operation. Also please refer some site to get reference about shell scripting. Thanks in advance -Arun. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun.viswanath
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use telnet in script

I am trying to use telnet in shell script but getting following error error Connected to crmapp00.agf.ca. Escape character is '^]'. Connection closed by foreign host. Script #!/bin/ksh PATH=/usr/sbin/:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/local/bin:. telnet HOSTNAME <<SCRIPT user userid... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sibghat
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet Script

Hi, I have the following code ... (sleep 1; echo $USERID ; sleep 1; echo $PASSWD ; sleep 1 ; echo y ; sleep 1 ; echo "\r" ; sleep 1 ; echo "cd $FILEPATH" ; sleep 1 ; echo "pwd"; sleep 1 ; echo df -k .| tail -1| cut -d ' ' -f8 > aop.txt ; echo "pwd" ; cat aop.txt; sleep 3)| telnet $SERVER the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Telnet in a script

Hi All, I was trying to use telnet in a script to access a certain processor on a certain port to view some processes. The problem is that when I use telnet the output is displayed for me. The script is: #!/bin/sh cd /ahmed/ezzat/ rm ss7trace.log touch ss7trace.log chmod 755... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahmad Ezzat
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet script help

Hi Guys, How do I write the script for the following telnet 192.168.1.100 9002 if the result is less than 1 second. The script should say as port open if the result takes more than 3 seconds. The script should display as port closed. Thanks, Charan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charan314
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet script

Hi all, I would like to write a ad hoc shell script that would allow me to do some telnet tests to multiple IP's and ports at the same time . So, I want to determine which one is successful and which one fails. So, basically I would like the shell to spawn the telnet test and to break out of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet script

Hi, I need a script that take one parameter as destination hostname and two parameter as ranges and tries telnet and records the successful connections. fo reg: ./testtelnet.sh destination-host 1000 1050 should give me all the port between 1000 and 1050 what successfully connected to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet Script

Hello, I wrote a script for doing telnet.However the requirement got changed and now I have to write a telnet script that will 1. Do the telnet from all the virtual ips in a box(Ex: x.x.x.x is the box ip, and x.x.x.1,x.x.x.2 etc are virtual ips associated with that box.) 2. The port range... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet Script

Hello, I wrote a script for doing telnet.However the requirement got changed and now I have to write a telnet script that will 1. Do the telnet from all the virtual ips in a box(Ex: x.x.x.x is the box ip, and x.x.x.1,x.x.x.2 etc are virtual ips associated with that box.) 2. The port range... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
3 Replies
KF(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						     KF(1)

NAME
kf -- securely forward tickets SYNOPSIS
kf [-p port | --port=port] [-l login | --login=login] [-c ccache | --ccache=ccache] [-F | --forwardable] [-G | --no-forwardable] [-h | --help] [--version] host ... DESCRIPTION
The kf program forwards tickets to a remote host through an authenticated and encrypted stream. Options supported are: -p port, --port=port port to connect to -l login, --login=login remote login name -c ccache, --ccache=ccache remote cred cache -F, --forwardable forward forwardable credentials -G, --no-forwardable do not forward forwardable credentials -h, --help --version kf is useful when you do not want to enter your password on a remote host but want to have your tickets one for example AFS. In order for kf to work you will need to acquire your initial ticket with forwardable flag, i.e. kinit --forwardable. telnet is able to forward tickets by itself. SEE ALSO
kinit(1), telnet(1), kfd(8) Heimdal July 2, 2000 Heimdal