Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: telnet in a script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers telnet in a script Post 574 by vaccari on Friday 15th of December 2000 09:30:26 AM
Old 12-15-2000
Question

I'm need to connect to another host in a script using the telnet command. How do I pass the login and password to be able to connect to the other host from within the script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

telnet in a script

Does anyone have a script that contains the telnet command and passes the login and password in the script as well? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaccari
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet through script

Hi, How to write a script to perform telnet/ftp operation. Also please refer some site to get reference about shell scripting. Thanks in advance -Arun. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun.viswanath
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use telnet in script

I am trying to use telnet in shell script but getting following error error Connected to crmapp00.agf.ca. Escape character is '^]'. Connection closed by foreign host. Script #!/bin/ksh PATH=/usr/sbin/:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/local/bin:. telnet HOSTNAME <<SCRIPT user userid... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sibghat
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet Script

Hi, I have the following code ... (sleep 1; echo $USERID ; sleep 1; echo $PASSWD ; sleep 1 ; echo y ; sleep 1 ; echo "\r" ; sleep 1 ; echo "cd $FILEPATH" ; sleep 1 ; echo "pwd"; sleep 1 ; echo df -k .| tail -1| cut -d ' ' -f8 > aop.txt ; echo "pwd" ; cat aop.txt; sleep 3)| telnet $SERVER the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Telnet in a script

Hi All, I was trying to use telnet in a script to access a certain processor on a certain port to view some processes. The problem is that when I use telnet the output is displayed for me. The script is: #!/bin/sh cd /ahmed/ezzat/ rm ss7trace.log touch ss7trace.log chmod 755... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahmad Ezzat
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet script help

Hi Guys, How do I write the script for the following telnet 192.168.1.100 9002 if the result is less than 1 second. The script should say as port open if the result takes more than 3 seconds. The script should display as port closed. Thanks, Charan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charan314
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet script

Hi all, I would like to write a ad hoc shell script that would allow me to do some telnet tests to multiple IP's and ports at the same time . So, I want to determine which one is successful and which one fails. So, basically I would like the shell to spawn the telnet test and to break out of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet script

Hi, I need a script that take one parameter as destination hostname and two parameter as ranges and tries telnet and records the successful connections. fo reg: ./testtelnet.sh destination-host 1000 1050 should give me all the port between 1000 and 1050 what successfully connected to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet Script

Hello, I wrote a script for doing telnet.However the requirement got changed and now I have to write a telnet script that will 1. Do the telnet from all the virtual ips in a box(Ex: x.x.x.x is the box ip, and x.x.x.1,x.x.x.2 etc are virtual ips associated with that box.) 2. The port range... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet Script

Hello, I wrote a script for doing telnet.However the requirement got changed and now I have to write a telnet script that will 1. Do the telnet from all the virtual ips in a box(Ex: x.x.x.x is the box ip, and x.x.x.1,x.x.x.2 etc are virtual ips associated with that box.) 2. The port range... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
3 Replies
netrc(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							  netrc(4)

NAME
netrc, .netrc - Specifies automatic login information for ftp SYNOPSIS
$HOME/.netrc DESCRIPTION
The .netrc file contains the information used by the automatic login (autologin) feature of the ftp command. It is a hidden file in your home directory and must be owned by the user logging in, or by the root user. If the .netrc file contains a login password, the file's permissions must be set to 600 (read and write by owner only). The .netrc file can contain the following entries (separated by spaces, tabs, or newlines): Where host is the name of a remote host. This entry begins the definition of the autologin process for the specified host. All following entries up to the next machine entry or the end of the file apply to that host. This is the same as machine, except that default matches any name. There can be only one default token, and it must appear after all machine tokens. This is normally used as follows: default login anonymous password user@site The preceding command line gives the user automatic anonymous ftp login to machines not specified in .netrc. This can be overriden by using the -n flag to disable autologin. Where user is the username to use at the remote host. If this entry is found, the autologin process initiates a login using the specified name. If this entry is missing, the autologin process fails. Where password is the login password to be used. The autologin process supplies this password to the remote server. A login password must be established at the remote host and that pass- word must be entered in this file, or the autologin process fails and you are prompted for the login password. Where password is the account password to be used. If this entry is found and an account password is required at the remote host, the autologin process supplies the password to the remote server. If the remote host requires an account password but this entry is missing, the autologin process prompts for the account password. Where macro is the name of an ftp subcommand macro. The macro definition starts on the following line and is defined to contain all of the following ftp subcommands up to the next blank line. If the macro is named init, ftp executes the macro upon successful completion of the autologin process. FILES
Contains automatic login information. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: ftp(1). delim off netrc(4)