Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Xmanager
Operating Systems Solaris Xmanager Post 56061 by hmaiida on Monday 27th of September 2004 06:34:24 AM
Old 09-27-2004
i can telnet from anywhere!!

i think my problem is with configuring settings for the Xserver for allowing XDMCP connections

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xmanager

Hi All, I am a real newbie to this so forgive me if I ask anything which may sound silly. I have a SunFire V1120 installed with Solaris 8 on it. I have Xmanager loaded onto my pc and i want to use this to connect to this box. However Xmanager doesn't recognise the box, but I can telnet to it no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joe27
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xmanager UNIX HP_OpenView

***** I running Solaris 9 and Xmanager 2.0 ***** Hey guys, Newbie question... I'm trying to get HP OpenView's X Windows GUI to load on my WinXP machine. I know another guy at work is running Xmanager 1.3 (I have 2.0) and when he types ovw& on the server it loads the OpenView GUI on his... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
4 Replies

3. Linux

Xmanager

I am unable to view the GUI mode of the Fedora Linux machine through the Xmanager. I don't have issues in viewing my Solaris boxes. Please let me know if anything needs to be done about this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xbrowser/Xmanager question

In the Xbrowser window, under status column, i see the following: 2 users, load: 3.7, 3.7, 3.7 What does "load" mean exactly, and the three numbers? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
4 Replies

5. Linux

xmanager

For remote console logging purpose we use X-manager for Solaris environment. How X-manager config for Linux systems. I want to get Linux desktop to remote pc. that is not ssh or telnet. Please help me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga499
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to force Xmanager to execute .profile?

hello all i created a login scrip and add it successfully to .profile now i need to force this .profile to be executed if the user login using xmanager not a normal telnet best regards ---------- Post updated at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:25 AM ---------- Ant updates ???? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: islam.said
10 Replies

7. HP-UX

[Solved] Xmanager on HP-UX

Hello all, please can you help me to configure XManager XDMCP connection so i can connect to my HP-UX OS. Regards, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beayni33
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Java Application slowness with Xmanager

Hi! I have a m3000 server with solaris 10. Clients connecting to server using Xmanager. But when they open a Java based application its very slow and some times hanging. But when I tried with VNC it works fine. Is this a BUG in Xmanager? Or Is there any method to solve this? Thanks, Charith (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charith.upendra
3 Replies

9. AIX

Console redirect to xmanager in AIX ?

Hello, Oracle PDF reports run only when you run the command # xhost + from the console, but if you run from the xmanager session , then report doesn't work running from windows pc using xmanager # xhost + access control disabled, clients can connect from any host # echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Xmanager 4 not able to connect to Solaris11

I am trying to connect via Xmanager 4 to a T4-2 server running Solaris 11. I checked the /etc/gdm.custom.conf file. The error I get is The MAC (Message Authentication Code) of packet is incorrect When I start the Xmanager on soalris I get a message /dev/fb (file or directory) does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maqsood Mohamme
2 Replies
gdmsetup(1)							   User Commands						       gdmsetup(1)

NAME
gdmsetup - GDM Configuration Tool SYNOPSIS
gdmsetup [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
gdmsetup provides a graphical interface that enables you to modify the GDM configuration file, gdm.conf. gdmsetup can only be run as the root user. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
gdmsetup has six tabs: General, Standard greeter, Graphical greeter, Security, Accessibility, and XDMCP. The following sections describe the configuration options that you can edit. The affected gdm.conf section-key pair is listed in parenthe- ses. General o Whether the local greeter program is the Graphical or Standard greeter (daemon - Greeter) o Whether the remote greeter program is the Graphical or Standard greeter (daemon - RemoteGreeter) o Whether to use the 24-hour clock format (greeter - Use24Clock) o Welcome string (greeter - Welcome) o Remote Welcome string (greeter - RemoteWelcome) o Automatic Login selection (daemon - AutomaticLoginEnable) o Automatic Login username (daemon - AutomaticLogin) o Timed Login Selection (daemon - TimedLoginEnable) o Timed Login username (daemon - TimedLogin) o Timed Login delay (daemon - TimedLoginDelay) Standard Greeter o Background image selection as none, image, or color (greeter - BackgroundType) o Background image (greeter - BackgroundImage) o Scale background image to fit (greeter - BackgroundScaleToFit) o Background color (greeter - BackgroundColor) o Only background color on remote displays (greeter - BackgroundRemoteOnlyColor) o Logo image (greeter - Logo) o Show chooseable user images or face browser (greeter - Browser) Graphical Greeter o Theme selection (greeter - GraphicalTheme) o Install new theme o Delete theme Security o Allow root to login with GDM (security - AllowRoot) o Allow root to login remotely with GDM (security - AllowRemoteRoot) o Allow remote timed logins (security - AllowRemoteAutoLogin) o Show actions menu (greeter - SystemMenu) o Allow configuration from the login screen (greeter - ConfigAvailable) o Allow running XDMCP chooser from the login screen (greeter - ChooserButton) o Always disallow TCP connections to Xserver (security - DisallowTCP) Accessibility o Enable accessibility modules (daemon - AddGtkModules) o Make a sound when login window is ready (greeter - SoundOnLogin) o Sound file selection (greeter - SoundOnLogin) XDMCP o Enable XDMCP (xdmcp - Enable o Honor indirect requests (xdmcp - HonorIndirect) o Listen on UDP port (xdmcp - Port) o Maximum pending requests (xdmcp - MaxPending) o Maximum pending indirect requests (xdmcp - MaxPendingIndirect) o Maximum remote sessions (xdmcp - MaxSessions) o Maximum wait time (xdmcp - MaxWait) o Maximum indirect wait time (xdmcp - MaxWaitIndirect) o Displays per host (xdmcp - DisplaysPerHost) o Ping interval in seconds (xdmcp - PingIntervalSeconds) FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gdmsetup Executable for GDM Configuration Tool /usr/sbin/gdmconfig Wrapper script to run gdmsetup, for binary name compatibility /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf Contains GDM configuration and documentation, can be modified by gdmsetup or gdmconfig ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-display-mgr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gdm(1), gdmXnestchooser(1), gdmflexiserver(1), gdmphotosetup(1), gdmthemetester(1), gdm-restart(1m), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2004 gdmsetup(1)