Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp from unix to windows
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ftp from unix to windows Post 56057 by svennie on Monday 27th of September 2004 03:34:16 AM
Old 09-27-2004
Question ftp server ?

that's the question. I know the problem between

'sending files from unix to windows nt'

the TCP/IP protocoll is installed on the windows machine, both computers are also connected, but when you make

ftp host

it only says that the host is unknown, but that isn't the reality. there is a host with this name and it is also connected.

should it be, that there must be running a ftp server program on the windows machine? and what type of program, what you should write in the line of the running ftp server program?

cheerz....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP from windows to unix

Hi all, How to FTP an excel format file located in windows to unix using shell script.Any particular commands we have to use? Thanks& Regards, rrs (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrs
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP from unix to Windows

Hi, I know that there should be a FTP server in Windows or a FTP listener daemon running in windows. Iam a beginner. May I know, what setup need to be done on Windows/unix end so that, a file can be transferred using sftp/scp from unix to windows. Thanks in Advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to UNIX FTP

Good Morning, I am currently having a setup of running a batch file in windows to ftp certain files to unix and after that one i login to a unix box to manually run a script to clean up those files and combine them into one and get go back to windows to run another batch of file to get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryan_estiya
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp from unix to windows

How to do ftp from unix to windows i have some files in a dir in unix box and i want to put those files in windows through FTP. How to do this ? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp from windows to unix using a perl script on unix machine

i need to ftp a file from windows to a unix machine by executing a sript(perl/shell/php) from that unix machine.i can also use HTML and javascript to build forms. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from Windows to UNIX

will this work, knowing that the file is in a directory in windows.. It is going from a drirectory in windoxs to UNIX \ # Error Handling Function function ErrorHandle { # if type is 1, then the file does not exist or unreadable if then echo "File... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
5 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

UNIX to WINDOWS FTP

Hi gurus, I need to FTP files from a UNIX box to a WINDOWS server. FTP is running on the WINDOWS server. I am able to log in to the WINDOWS machine with FTP, however when i do a dir in the ftp prompt i get the following 200 PORT command successful. 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladarlsan
3 Replies

8. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies
SYSINST(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						SYSINST(8)

NAME
sysinst -- install or upgrade a NetBSD system SYNOPSIS
sysinst [-D] [-f deffile] [-r releasename] DESCRIPTION
sysinst is a menu-based program that may be used to install or upgrade a NetBSD system. It is usually invoked automatically when the system is booted from appropriate installation media. sysinst is usually not present on a NetBSD system that has been fully installed. OPTIONS
-D Switch on debugging. -r releasename Set the releasename if it is different to the one compiled. Currently unused. -f deffile Set a file for definitions other than the defaults. See DEFINITION FILE for its format. DEFINITION FILE
The definition file is used to set several other names and directories to search for. You can specify any of the options in the file. They are stored as: option = value pairs. In this description, REL and MACH are the release and architecture respectively, determined by the image sysinst is used on. option name default value description release REL Release name (also set by -r releasename). machine MACH Machine architecture xfer dir /usr/INSTALL Transfer dir ext dir Extract dir (will usually be set later on) ftp host ftp.NetBSD.org ftp host for fetching files ftp dir pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-REL ftp directory for fetching files ftp prefix /MACH/binary/sets directory to look for sets. Note that this is used for all kinds of fetching (CDs, local FS, ...), not only ftp. ftp user ftp ftp user for connecting ftp pass - ftp password ftp proxy - ftp proxy nfs host - nfs host for fetching via nfs nfs dir /bsd/release nfs directory for fetching files cd dev cd0a name of the CD device for fetching files fd dev /dev/fd0a name of floppy for fetching files local dev - Other device to be mounted for fetching files local fs ffs FS-type for local dev local dir release Directory to look for in the mounted local fs targetroot mount /targetroot Directory to mount target root dir to dist postfix .tgz Suffix of set files to be extracted diskname mydisk disktab(5) diskname to use for target disk SEE ALSO
release(7), afterboot(8), boot(8), diskless(8) <machine>/INSTALL.* files on CD-ROM installation media .../NetBSD-<rel>/<machine>/INSTALL.* files in NetBSD releases or snapshots. HISTORY
A sysinst command appeared in NetBSD 1.3. BSD
September 17, 2011 BSD