Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Touchpad not working - SuSE 8.2 - Toshiba Satellite A30 Post 55600 by RTM on Wednesday 15th of September 2004 12:35:26 PM
Old 09-15-2004
Zazzy,

If you are going to send it out the window, let me know when and where - I'll catch it before it hits the ground and have a new laptop!

Don't know if this will help or not but my touchpad kept interfering with my work - and I could not find where to turn it off - finally got some help from a co-worker - there is a BIOS setting for pointing device that needed to be changed - of course, this was on a DELL so I'm not postive if it will help or not. Worth checking out. If not, then I'll be hanging around your window!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Toshiba laptop

I am trying to install mandrake 8.0 on my Satellite Pro 4600. I have got it installed but I am having problems with X windows. The laptop has a trident cyber blade video card I have it set to 1024x768 resolution Basically everytime I start x it appears in the upper right to middle of the screen... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gennaro
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SUSE 9 and 10 NIS clients with RedHat 8.0 NIS server not working

We have a RedHat 8.0 NIS master, with a RedHat 8.0 NIS Slave. We also have a small number of SUSE 9.1 and SUSE 10 machines here for evaluation. However, no matter what i do, the SUSE machines will not talk to the NIS Servers. If i broadcast for NIS Servers for the specified NIS domain, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Fedora 14 touchpad issu for login screen

I installed fedora 14 to my old laptop and everything looks fine. But my synapticad touchpad adjustments are not valid for login screen. How can we make mouse settings that will be valid for login screen also. (after login my settings overrides) thanx in advance.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: titanic
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DHCP lease under SuSE is not working. Why?

Hi, I got a strange issue here: We are using ISC DHCP v4 which is default in Open SuSE 11.4. These two options 'default-lease-time' and 'max-lease-time' are set in all subnets, with values between 43200 (12 hours) to 518400 (144 hours). See partial dhcpd.conf below please. Now the lease time... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

DHCP lease under SuSE is not working., limited at 10 minutes

Hi, I got a strange issue here: We are using ISC DHCP v4 which is default in Open SuSE 11.4. These two options 'default-lease-time' and 'max-lease-time' are set in all subnets, with values between 43200 (12 hours) to 518400 (144 hours). See partial dhcpd.conf below please. Now the lease... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

touchpad not using 10-synaptics.conf

My touchpad is not using my /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-synaptics.conf. I used this to verify my file is being read. $ synclient -l Parameter settings: LeftEdge = 153 RightEdge = 870 TopEdge = 115 BottomEdge = 652 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Corresponding Spacewalk/Satellite versions?

Can anyone point me towards a list that shows which Satellite versions roughly align with which Spacewalk versions, in terms of functionality? Thanks in advance, Akbar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
2 Replies

8. Linux

How to use touchpad in Mint 18.3 Sylvia?

0 down vote favorite I'm using Mint 18.3 Sylvia in my Acer Aspire F 15 F5-573G-77ZP. I have problem in using touchpad, this is when I enable touchpad in Mouse and Touchpad options, I can't move the cursor of touchpad. I mean wherever I touch on the touchpad, it acts as a left click. No moving.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Innnnna
1 Replies

9. Hardware

How to *completely* disable laptop touchpad, without disabling trackpoint?

I run Devuan ASCII on my T400 laptop. I only use the trackpoint ("nipple mouse"). To me, the touchpad is just a nuisance. I've discovered (by monitoring output of sudo cat /dev/input/event5) that the touchpad generates random input while the lid is closed. This causes applications that should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevuanFan
5 Replies
glutSetCursor(3GLUT)						       GLUT						      glutSetCursor(3GLUT)

NAME
glutSetCursor - changes the cursor image of the current window. SYNTAX
void glutSetCursor(int cursor); ARGUMENTS
cursor Name of cursor image to change to. Possible values follow: GLUT_CURSOR_RIGHT_ARROW Arrow pointing up and to the right. GLUT_CURSOR_LEFT_ARROW Arrow pointing up and to the left. GLUT_CURSOR_INFO Pointing hand. GLUT_CURSOR_DESTROY Skull & cross bones. GLUT_CURSOR_HELP Question mark. GLUT_CURSOR_CYCLE Arrows rotating in a circle. GLUT_CURSOR_SPRAY Spray can. GLUT_CURSOR_WAIT Wrist watch. GLUT_CURSOR_TEXT Insertion point cursor for text. GLUT_CURSOR_CROSSHAIR Simple cross-hair. GLUT_CURSOR_UP_DOWN Bi-directional pointing up & down. GLUT_CURSOR_LEFT_RIGHT Bi-directional pointing left & right. GLUT_CURSOR_TOP_SIDE Arrow pointing to top side. GLUT_CURSOR_BOTTOM_SIDE Arrow pointing to bottom side. GLUT_CURSOR_LEFT_SIDE Arrow pointing to left side. GLUT_CURSOR_RIGHT_SIDE Arrow pointing to right side. GLUT_CURSOR_TOP_LEFT_CORNER Arrow pointing to top-left corner. GLUT_CURSOR_TOP_RIGHT_CORNER Arrow pointing to top-right corner. GLUT_CURSOR_BOTTOM_RIGHT_CORNER Arrow pointing to bottom-left corner. GLUT_CURSOR_BOTTOM_LEFT_CORNER Arrow pointing to bottom-right corner. GLUT_CURSOR_FULL_CROSSHAIR Full-screen cross-hair cursor (if possible, otherwise GLUT_CURSOR_CROSSHAIR). GLUT_CURSOR_NONE Invisible cursor. GLUT_CURSOR_INHERIT Use parent's cursor. DESCRIPTION
glutSetCursor changes the cursor image of the current window. Each call requests the window system change the cursor appropriately. The cursor image when a window is created is GLUT_CURSOR_INHERIT. The exact cursor images used are implementation dependent. The intent is for the image to convey the meaning of the cursor name. For a top-level window, GLUT_CURSOR_INHERIT uses the default window system cursor. X IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
GLUT for X uses SGI's _SGI_CROSSHAIR_CURSOR convention to access a full-screen cross-hair cursor if possible. SEE ALSO
glutCreateWindow, glutCreateSubWindow AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutSetCursor(3GLUT)