Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Spawning new shells from the command line in OpenStep 4.2 Post 55479 by Kelam_Magnus on Monday 13th of September 2004 10:12:20 AM
Old 09-13-2004
okay my bad...

It seemed to be suspicious circumstances. Since that user had only just been created and had no questions submitted on the forums.

I apologize if I assumed too much.

Disregard my post if that other guy wasnt you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

spawning new shells using dtterm in Solaris 8

Hi all, First time poster here. Great forum. Im trying to spawn new shells and pass commands to the new shells in a solaris 8 environment utilizing dtterm and its option -e. I can successfully spawn a window utilizing the following code: /usr/dt/bin/dtterm -display <ip.address> & ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rocketman8541
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spawning a shell script

Hi there, I have a shell script which I need to run it from two different places on the same server, are there any specific rules I need to apply? What is the best practice to achieve this task. Regards (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimJim
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

spawning the same program

We have a program (reader) that reads audio files in a real-time continuous stream from a sender program. If the reader gets weird we want the sender to be able to send one command that will stop the current reader and start a new one that will be able to continue reading in the files. The sender... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: laforge
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab spawning multiple at processes

Hi - I need help. My user crontab is spawning multiple at processes (and multiple mencoder program starts, that exit, then restart, repeatedly), locking up my system. For example I have this entry in my crontab: $ sudo crontab -u victoria -e * * * * * ~/recordings/pvr1 * * * * *... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gstuart
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference in command syntax different shells

hi, i am aa unix amateur and i am using tsh, csh and bash most of the time. i have been looking over the net to find a summary of the differences in command syntax for example: in csh and tsh you do alias whatday date while in bash and ksh you do alias whatday=date i just want more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hobiwhenuknowme
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Differences in BASH and ASH shells regarding if command?

Guys I now have a script that's working in a BASH environment, however one line doesn't appear to be working on an embedded device that has a busybox therefore ASH shell. I've googled but there's very little I can find regarding the ASH shell. In BASH the following line works... if ] ;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
6 Replies

7. Programming

Problems compiling OpenStep program.

I use Ubuntu 10.4, and I installed GNUStep, Gorm (a gui builder) and ProjectCenter (the GNU alternative to Xcode) because I want to develop Objective-C apps. I opened the ProjectCenter and I created an application that displays only an empty window. I sourced the GNUstep.sh and I compiled the app. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

lost the $ prompt - am I spawning shells??

When trying to get the correct syntax to cron a script that creates a file with the date stamp as its output, sometimes I get these results: - from the command line, I may encounter an error that leaves me without the usual $ prompt. Am I in a new shell? I try to exit it with 'exit' or :q! and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: landog
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MAN command for various shells

Whenever I run manual page on a command I get information about arguments, syntax and so on. However, I wounder if that information is valid only for a certain shell and if yes, then for which one? In other words, would I have different man outputs for csh, ksh, bash and others? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdogadin
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spawning a TTY shell

Hi there, I would like to understand the purpose of spawning a TTY shell? Does it mean that it will help to open up a new Windows on the current interactive shell such that when the session gets lost the other won't Any explanation will be helpful. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
3 Replies
SUSPICIOUS-SOURCE(1)					      General Commands Manual					      SUSPICIOUS-SOURCE(1)

NAME
suspicious-source - search for files that are not the GPL's "preferred form of modification" SYNOPSIS
suspicious-source [options] DESCRIPTION
suspicious-source is a script that outputs a list of files which are not common source files. This should be run in the root of a source tree to find files which might not be the "preferred form of modification" that the GPL and other licenses require. The files inside version control system directories (like .bzr/ or CVS/) are not considered. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show this help message and exit. -v, --verbose Print more information. -d directory, --directory=directory Check the files in the specified directory instead of the current directory. -m mimetype, --mimetype=mimetype Add mimetype to list of white-listed MIME types. -e extension, --extension=extension Add extension to list of white-listed extensions. AUTHORS
suspicious-source and this manpage have been written by Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org>. Both are released under the ISC license. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities SUSPICIOUS-SOURCE(1)