Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to change display resolution Post 55068 by oddmund56 on Wednesday 1st of September 2004 12:36:42 PM
Old 09-01-2004
You can use: m64config
#m64config -res (resolution) -depth 8or24

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

change CRT resolution

Hello I want change my CRT resolution from 1152x900x** to 1280x1024x75 on a Solaris platform but I try "/usr/sbin/m64config" and "/usr/sbin/ffbconfig" command, the both commands failed :-( In the /dev/fbs/ directory there is juste one file : cgsix0 have you got a solution to my customer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ggenevrier
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Graphic display resolution

Hello all, I need to fix some resolution in an AIX, how can I do it? It cannot be altered at system reboot, in the other words, I'm setting an display resolution, but when I do a reboot this configuration will be losted. I need somethig like this: Set a configuration and it cannot be changed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nando_zambone
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change display resolution in UnixV4.0D

I would like to know how to change the display resolution in UnixV4.0D. Can anyone please help me. Regards, Avgust (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avgust
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot change my display to high resolution

Hi all, i am one of the newbies with linux. i just install the Enterprise AS on my ibm z60t. I am trying to change the color setting to hight resolution, unfortunately, it does not work. it works only with the 256 color setting. It seems the widescreen or the vga card of my notebook does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanlen
3 Replies

5. Debian

Change resolution problem

Hi gurus I have notebook with connected external monitor. output of my xrandr looks like Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 2960 x 1050, maximum 2960 x 1050 VGA connected 1680x1050+1280+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 478mm x 300mm 1680x1050 60.0*+ 1280x1024 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
2 Replies

6. Solaris

OpenWindows display resolution problem

Hi all! On my SPARC mashine I have changed the screen resolution from default to: output-device screen r1024x768x75, because the OBP picture too big (e.g. Sun Logo and OBP text). Now, after the system booting I have the problem with OpenWindows picture (e.g. the window manager does not display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
2 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Correcting the display resolution

I have an issue with the display resolution under Xfce. The monitor can handle 1024x768, but the screen display is 800x600. The control panel does not allow me to change this. I also found the file .config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/displays.xml in which I have made changes, but after a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

8. AIX

Change AIX display resolution ?

Hello, Running X on AIX local display - want to change resolution. On Linux for example I used xrandr. ? thanks Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

9. Debian

Xorg resolution/display size problem

Hello, I am running Debian 6.0 on a Sun Ultra 5 and the openbox window manager. The window is way larger than the screen and minimized icons go off the screen and I can't get them back. The mode is set to 1280x1024 in the Screen section of xorg.conf and Virtual is also set to 1280x1024 which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)