Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rlogin/rsh incoming port
Top Forums Programming rlogin/rsh incoming port Post 54502 by andryk on Tuesday 17th of August 2004 04:13:10 AM
Old 08-17-2004
rlogin/rsh incoming port

Hi all,

In need to know why my sample code below that connect to a rlogind (513) fails, but original unix rlogin does not ? (.rhosts is verified to be correct)

I heard rlogin/rsh bind to a reserved port before connecting to the rlogin server. what are they ???

Code:
   s = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0);
   sck.sin_family      = AF_INET;
   sck.sin_port        = htons(513);
   sck.sin_addr.s_addr = inet_addr("192.168.15.40");

if (connect(s, (struct sockaddr *)&sck,sizeof(sck)) <0) {
      printf("connect() error\n"); return;
   }
   printf("Connected %d\n",s);
   write(s,"",1);
   write(s,"root",5);
   write(s,"root",5);
   write(s,"linux/38400",12);

read(s,buf,sizeof(buf));
   printf("%s\n",buf);

Any help would be appreciated Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsh & rlogin

I'm trying to execute the next command: " rsh CompName date " which means i want to get the date from a machine which i have its CompName. but i get the answer : "Connection refused" what do i need to do ? how can i sign myself as user or guest in the other machine ? thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Inbal
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listening on port for incoming data?

I am not what I would call an experienced programmer. I know some ksh etc.. I need to be able to listening on a port for incoming data on a ultra 10 using solaris 9. Basically all that I need to do at the moment is to log the incoming data on a specific port number. Any ideas on how I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp, rlogin , rcp, rsh are not wroking

Hi Friends I am facing one problem, I am not able to use ftp, rlogin , rcp, rsh in a particular server. when I am trying to ftp certain file from that server it is giving Connection closed by remote host. Now from other unix box I am not able to rlogin that particular server. as .rhosts... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

handling incoming messages

I have a few clients connecting to the server(which is using select()) and theyre trying to send messages to each other. How do I wait for input on stdin and at the same time I wait for data to being sent from the server? Should I use select() in my client too? How exactly though? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charlitos
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RSH/rlogin problem

Hello, When I try and RSH/RLOGIN onto a box with user root, I get the prompt but the username/password combination NEVER work. I have the password up properly on the host machine. Does rsh/rlogin not make use of ./etc/passwd and /etc/shadow? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

6. Linux

incoming mails not coming

I am using Linux box. i am able to send mails through sendmail to local and other domains. i am not receving any incoming mails. dovecot service is running. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishindn
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

which port for rsh

Hi, on AIX 6.1 , which port should be open for rsh commande ? When I issu the following : rsh myremoteserver -l oracle ls it hangs until I issue ctrl+c. What should I verify ? Thank you. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rlogin / RSH / SSH

Hello, I am looking for a connection method in which i can connect to a remote server but I want to have only one chance to connect to the remote server (not to be asked for iuser name and password again). If I have provided a wrong password then I want the connection to broke and be routed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
1 Replies

9. AIX

Deny rsh,tn,or rlogin

Is there a way to deny access to a specific remote login option. example: usera--deny telnet access but keep rsh and rlogin userb--keeps telnet, rsh, and rlogin I'm basically trying to contol the access per services instead of changing the LOGIN REMOTELY(rsh,tn,rlogin) option to yes or no. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: leemalloy
12 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
pam_rhosts_auth(5)                                      Standards, Environments, and Macros                                     pam_rhosts_auth(5)

NAME
pam_rhosts_auth - authentication management PAM module using ruserok() SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so.1 DESCRIPTION
The rhosts PAM module, /usr/lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so.1, authenticates a user via the rlogin authentication protocol. Only pam_sm_authenticate() is implemented within this module. pam_sm_authenticate() uses the ruserok(3SOCKET) library function to authenticate the rlogin or rsh user. pam_sm_setcred() is a null function. /usr/lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so.1 is designed to be stacked on top of the /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1 module for both the rlogin and rsh services. This module is normally configured as sufficient so that subsequent authentication is performed only on failure of pam_sm_authenticate(). The following option may be passed in to this service module: debug syslog(3C) debugging information at LOG_DEBUG level. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT Level |MT-Safe with exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pam(3PAM), pam_authenticate(3PAM), ruserok(3SOCKET), syslog(3C), libpam(3LIB), pam.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The interfaces in libpam() are MT-Safe only if each thread within the multi-threaded application uses its own PAM handle. SunOS 5.10 28 Oct 1996 pam_rhosts_auth(5)