Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory cannot load any operating system Post 54389 by google on Thursday 12th of August 2004 07:22:44 AM
Old 08-12-2004
Try running a program like Memtest to check your memory sticks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Operating System

I need the Unix operating system on disc as im new to unix. Im studying unix and x windows next year at Sheffield University and would like to get a head start. Any suggestions would be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffersno1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Operating System

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum and Unix. I have a couple of questions and please, excuse my ignorance. I have a spare machine which is now running MS Windows 98 and I would like to format the disk and install the Unix operating system along with Oracle 8i and SQL Server. My... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: IronBear
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Operating System

Can anyone give me info on networking features of the Unix Operating System please. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WaveZero
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Operating System

Which is much more powerful as an operating system: 1. Windows 2000 2. Windows 98 3. Windows XP 4. Windows ME 5. Unix 6. Linux and why is it much more powerful than the other operating systems that i have mentioned. thanks for your info... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alecks1975
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Operating system details

How to get operating system details of a Unix box. I want to know if an OS is a 32 bit Os or a 64 bit OS. uname -aX does not provide this detail. Thanks, Rahul. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
4 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Fabric Operating System

Would any of your gentlemen have come across a decent reference for the FOS in your wanderings? Brocade just seems to want to sell me classes and FAN books :/ (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eronysis
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best Operating System

Hello All, I want to install Linux on my machine, so please tell me one thing which is the best to install- 1.)Red Hat 2.)Cent OS 3.)Red Hat 4.)Ubuntu 5.)Fedora except that if there is any please tell me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What's my Operating System

Can we know the operating given the IP address or DNS of the host. All I have is file://myserver/myapp (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

9. Android

Android (operating system)

From Wikipedia (FYI): (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
flipflop(6x)							XScreenSaver manual						      flipflop(6x)

NAME
flipflop - draws a grid of 3D squares that change positions SYNOPSIS
flipflop [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-count number | -free number] [-size number] [-size-x number] [-size-y number] [-spin number] [-mode sticks | tiles] [-delay number] [-wireframe] [-fps] [-texture] DESCRIPTION
Flipflop draws a grid of 3D colored tiles that change positions with each other. OPTIONS
-visual visual Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual. -window Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default. -root Draw on the root window. -count number Number of tiles on the board. A value of "0" means "default". The default number of tiles depends on the size of the board and the mode: 95% of total tiles for "tiles" mode and 80% of total sticks for "sticks" mode (e.g. 76 tiles or 64 sticks for a 9x9 board). -free number Number of tiles missing from the board. See -count. -size number Number of tiles on each side of the board. Takes precedence over -size-x and -size-y. Default: 9. -size-x number Width (in tiles) of the board. Default: 9. -size-y number Length (in tiles) of the board. Default: 9. -spin number Angular velocity for the rotation of the board. -mode sticks Draw hopping sticks instead of flipping tiles. -mode tiles Draw flipping tiles. This is the default. -delay number Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 20000 (0.02 seconds.). -fps | -no-fps Display the current frame rate, CPU load, and polygon count. -wireframe Only draw outlines. -texture | -no-texture Whether to texture the tiles with a screen grab or an image. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 by Kevin Ogden. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any pur- pose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any pur- pose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. AUTHOR
Kevin Ogden <kogden1@hotmail.com>. Some additional code by Sergio Gutierrez <sergut@gmail.com>. X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) flipflop(6x)