Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parsing a string in a shell script Post 54203 by asutoshch on Thursday 5th of August 2004 08:20:50 AM
Old 08-05-2004
Excellent. I sincerely thank you for the clear explanation.
Regds
Asutoshch

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script argument parsing

how to parse the command line argument to look for '@' sign and the following with '.'. In my shell script one of the argument passed is email address. I want to parse this email address to look for correct format. rmjoe123@hotmail.com has '@' sign and followed by a '.' to be more... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rmjoe
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a file in Shell Script

Hi, I have a requirement. I have an application which can take a file as inputs. Now the file can contain any number of lines. The tool has to pick up the first uncommented line and begin processing it. For example the file could be like this: #MANI123|MANI1234 #MANI234|MANI247... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a line in Shell Script

I have record line somthing like below with first line showing char spacing not real record line 1 | 2 | 3rd Field--------------|-4th field--| This is charcatersapcing of line DF20000000000000000130.7890000000750 I shoudl get two line from above line 1st line should 1 | 2 | 3rd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unishiva
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script parsing with sed

#I'm quite new to scripting and my boss has asked me to solve a simple problem and sadly, I can't figure out how to do it. Any help is appreciated. :confused: #The following is a small shell script and the output that it produces for google.com. #!/bin/sh whois $1 | grep "Name Server"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjamd64
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String parsing in Korn Shell

Hi everybody, I have a string stored in a variable called record: record="SNMPv2-SMI::ent.9.9.43.1.3.9.2 = Timeticks: (177330898) 20 days, 12:35:08.98" I want to write some regular expressions good for Korn Shell to extract the number between parenthesis, in this case 177330898, and put it in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omoyne
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing using shell script

I have a xml file like this <bul:collectionStrategy name="strategy1"> <bul:collectionTemplateGroup name="15min group"/> <bul:collectionTemplateGroup name="hourly group"/> </bul:collectionStrategy> <bul:CollectionTemplateGroup name="hourly group" > ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing using shell script

I have a file parameters.txt which contains 151524 151525 I have another file OID.csv which contains NE Version Object Type ID SDK param name Object OID test1 Start: 4.2 End: 4.2 pan 151524 speed ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML using shell script

Well, issue is i have to parse this script to get the VERSION: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>CFBundleAllowMixedLocalizations</key> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorosinister
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with understanding this regex in a Perl script parsing a 'complex' string

Hi, I need some guidance with understanding this Perl script below. I am not the author of the script and the author has not leave any documentation. I supposed it is meant to be 'easy' if you're a Perl or regex guru. I am having problem understanding what regex to use :confused: The script does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
explain_calloc_or_die(3)				     Library Functions Manual					  explain_calloc_or_die(3)

NAME
explain_calloc_or_die - Allocate and clear memory and report errors SYNOPSIS
#include <libexplain/calloc.h> void *explain_calloc_or_die(size_t nmemb, size_t size); void *explain_calloc_on_error(size_t nmemb, size_t size); DESCRIPTION
The explain_calloc_or_die function is used to call the calloc(3) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from the explain_calloc(3) function, and then the process terminates by calling exit(EXIT_FAILURE). The explain_calloc_on_error function is used to call the calloc(3) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from the explain_calloc(3) function, but still returns to the caller. nmemb The nmemb, exactly as to be passed to the calloc(3) system call. size The size, exactly as to be passed to the calloc(3) system call. RETURN VALUE
The explain_calloc_or_die function only returns on success, see calloc(3) for more information. On failure, prints an explanation and exits, it does not return. The explain_calloc_on_error function always returns the value return by the wrapped calloc(3) system call. EXAMPLE
The explain_calloc_or_die function is intended to be used in a fashion similar to the following example: void *result = explain_calloc_or_die(nmemb, size); SEE ALSO
calloc(3) Allocate and clear memory explain_calloc(3) explain calloc(3) errors exit(2) terminate the calling process COPYRIGHT
libexplain version 0.52 Copyright (C) 2010 Peter Miller explain_calloc_or_die(3)