Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: time take by a script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting time take by a script Post 53412 by s93366 on Wednesday 14th of July 2004 03:32:15 PM
Old 07-14-2004
Hi..

A solution would be to use test.sh to time another shell script with the acctual commands..
---
test.sh
#!/bin/sh
time /path/to/script/sh

---

/Peter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need inputs on how i can change my script to reduce amount of time the script takes

HI , I have a list1 which consists of data that i have to search and a list2 which has the files that need to be searched .So basically i am using list1 on list2 to see if list1 data is present if found replace it .I have written the code using foreach loop for each list .This is taking the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhul2002
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stable Time script

Hi I have got a simple script that moves files from one folder to another, but would like to add some extra functions to the script. Firstly i would like to add a file stable check. We can copy large files to the source directory and i want to ensure the copy has finished before its moved to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to convert epoch time to real time

Dear experts, I have an epoch time input file such as : - 1302451209564 1302483698948 1302485231072 1302490805383 1302519244700 1302492787481 1302505299145 1302506557022 1302532112140 1302501033105 1302511536485 1302512669550 I need the epoch time above to be converted into real... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aismann
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp script hangs for first time,but works every second time

Hi I have an ftp script which works fine when i execute through a test scheduler(UC4), but when i run it through the prod scheduler(UC4), it hungs indefinetely, when we cancel the job and re-run it it works perfectly fine. here is the code,, any idea why this is happening ???? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvankj
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need bash script to ping the servers and rename the output file each time the script is ran

HI, I have a file serverlist in that all host names are placed. i have written a small script #./testping #! /bin/bash for i in `cat serverlist` do ping $i >> output.txt done so now it creates a file output.txt till here fine.. now each time i run this script the output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhudeva
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to run another script with wait time

I want to create a script which calls another script with certain interval. Script "A" should call script "B" every 60 seconds. Script "A" should also be able to call other scripts such as "C", "D", etc. at an interval of 60, 120, 180 seconds respectively. Basically script A should take two... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vee
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script time script

I have the following code which i'd like to rewrite in a way that it can be used on all unix systems. meaning, i want it to be portable: # turn seconds into real measurable time num=$1 min=0 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture run time of python script executed inside shell script

I have bash shell script which is internally calling python script.I would like to know how long python is taking to execute.I am not allowed to do changes in python script.Please note i need to know execution time of python script which is getting executed inside shell .I need to store execution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with speeding up my working script to take less time - how to use more CPU usage for a script

Hello experts, we have input files with 700K lines each (one generated for every hour). and we need to convert them as below and move them to another directory once. Sample INPUT:- # cat test1 1559205600000,8474,NormalizedPortInfo,PctDiscards,0.0,Interface,BG-CTA-AX1.test.com,Vl111... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
7 Replies
PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)					      General Commands Manual					     PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
pct-scanner-script - easy scan and create merged DjVu and PDF documents for archiving SYNOPSIS
pct-scanner-script [--help] DESCRIPTION
pct-scanner-script is a bash script and configuration system to easily scan documents and create a digital archiving. It can create DjVu PDF and JPEG outputs, in merged and individual files. It also has a configuration system where different configurations can be defined, making it easy to switch between configurations. Please use pct-scanner-script --help to find all program options, the complete help, and all examples. Features: - auto archiving in merged and individual DjVu, PDF, and JPEG files - auto and manual resume when scanning somehow fails - cascading configuration system, for easy customizing - easy command-line-style bash program, with useful options - archiving made possible with both adf and flatbed scanners - built for productivity and daily use - uses bash, scanadf and other mainstream processing tools - multilanguage commandline output OPTIONS
-h, --help, -? Show summary of options, help, and examples. DEBUGGING
This program is a helper script to easy scan and automated digital document archiving for normal and adf scanners. You can debug this script by running it as bash -x pct-scanner-script [options]. The script is just a nice wrapper for the scanadf, DjVu and PDF tools. SEE ALSO
scanadf(1), AUTHOR
pct-scanner-script and this manual page are written by: Jelle de Jong <jelledejong@powercraft.nl>. March 31, 2009 PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)