Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rcp between two unix machine
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users rcp between two unix machine Post 52009 by nvg_hal on Tuesday 8th of June 2004 04:03:42 AM
Old 06-08-2004
rcp between two unix machines

I have ensured that the Login id on both the system is the same.

I have taken care of entries in .rhosts and /etc/hosts.equiv on both the systems.

I am able to ping, ftp, rlogin between two systems.

YET rcp gives the following error:

remshd:login incorrect.

clue: rlogin is asking for passwd, which should not be the case

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

rcp from winnt to unix

I try an RCP command from winnt to unix and it works only with 2 pc but with the two others it dosen't work....? MS-DOS return this error msg : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known. What can I do to resolve my probleme ? Dimitri Geneva - Switzerland (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfrangidis
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rcp from Linux/Unix to Win2kserver

I am attempting to use "rcp" to transfer files from a linux box(redhat) to a windows 2000 server box and keep getting a "connection refused" message. Are there any special services/daemons on either side that I need running or any special ports I need open to do this? How about files? I read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcrouch_2003
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

RCP from Sco Unix to Win XP

Hello, Native XP rcp does not have a password prompt as far as I can see. I require a rcp.exe to copy a file from Sco to my XP pc. I did have this program that was part of pcnfs a few years ago. I need to run a scheduled batch job from a command line being. rcp.exe 192.168.5.33 -user root... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil martin
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rcp between windows and unix

Anyone experience with using rcp to copy data between windows and Unix (AIX)? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp from windows to unix using a perl script on unix machine

i need to ftp a file from windows to a unix machine by executing a sript(perl/shell/php) from that unix machine.i can also use HTML and javascript to build forms. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What unix machine can this be?

my friend asked me to help him installing some sort of unix app on a server running some soft unix(that server runs MRI thing), and the only thing about that server he knows is OS ver 9.1. So what OS can it be? And normally what type of UNIX OS is installed on a MRI machine? THanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fedora
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please Help I Can't Install Unix On My Machine

Hi everybody; How are you? I have a machine with these components motherboard Gigabyet processor Intel RAM Kingstone 1GB HDD Westerndigital 160GB DVD ASUS I use this machine for labs, I was running WinXP I am now taking one of Sun's exams, I formated the HDD and get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: katilina
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix on machine

Hi All I have window 7 ultimate installed on my machine. i want to install unix just like an application when i click on the application i should work on unix and when i close that application normal window 7 appears Example-: like in case of windows suppose we have installed the sql... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
6 Replies
RCP(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    RCP(1)

NAME
rcp -- remote file copy SYNOPSIS
rcp [-46p] source_file target_file rcp [-46pr] source_file ... target_directory DESCRIPTION
The rcp utility copies files between machines. Each source_file, target_file, or target_directory argument is either a remote file name of the form ``ruser@rhost:path'', or a local file name (containing no ':' characters, or a '/' before any ':'s). The following options are available: -4 Use IPv4 addresses only. -6 Use IPv6 addresses only. -p Cause rcp to attempt to preserve (duplicate) in its copies the modification times and modes of the source files, ignoring the umask(2). By default, the mode and owner of target_file are preserved if it already exists; otherwise the mode of the source file modified by the umask(2) on the destination host is used. -r If any of the source files are directories, rcp copies each subtree rooted at that name; in this case the destination must be a directory. If path is not a full path name, it is interpreted relative to the login directory of the specified user ruser on rhost, or your current user name if no other remote user name is specified. A path on a remote host may be quoted (using '', '"', or ''') so that the metacharacters are interpreted remotely. The rcp utility does not prompt for passwords; it performs remote execution via rsh(1), and requires the same authorization. The rcp utility handles third party copies, where neither source nor target files are on the current machine. SEE ALSO
cp(1), ftp(1), rlogin(1), rsh(1), hosts.equiv(5) HISTORY
The rcp command appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
Does not detect all cases where the target of a copy might be a file in cases where only a directory should be legal. Is confused by any output generated by commands in a .login, .profile, or .cshrc file on the remote host. The destination user and hostname may have to be specified as ``rhost.ruser'' when the destination machine is running the 4.2BSD version of rcp. BSD
October 16, 2002 BSD