Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: can't mount cdrom
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers can't mount cdrom Post 50715 by ignacio on Friday 30th of April 2004 12:50:07 AM
Old 04-30-2004
Try using this instead:

mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0c /cdrom

It worked for me on my system which runs FreeBSD 4.9...

...the above example is assumming you're tryint to mount the cd on the first drive if you have more then one drive.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do i mount a scsi extrnal cdrom on solaris 2?

ok i have had it i need help i am in 11th grade and i cant figure how to mount the dumb cdrom on the sparcstation 2. i have tried everything i know and it still doesnt see it. by the way this is for school so please help me. Jon aka wixifer (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wixifer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount cdrom

hi when i want to mount my cdrom i got this error cd9660: /dev/acd0c: Invalid argument this is how my /etc/fstab looks like: #device mntpoint FStype Options Dump pass /dev/ad0s1b none swap sw 0 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stormpie
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount cdrom

I have an external cdrom drive, which am tring to mount. I issued the following mkdir cdrom to create a mount point then mount -F cdfs /dev/dsk/c0t4d0s7 /cdrom but this is unsuccessful instead received an error message mount point not found can you help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount cdrom

Info: Alpha Server ES40, True64 Unix 4.0F Symptom: root#file /dev/rrz*c root#. . /dev/rrz24c: character special (8/49154) EIDE #3 CDR-8435 disk #192 (scsi ID #0) (SCSI LUN #0) offline root#mount -r /dev/rz24c /mnt root#/dev/rz24c on /mnt: I/O error pls help me, i don't know if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote mount of a cdrom

I am trying to remote mount a cdrom (Sun Ultra 10 running release 7) on another system. I followed the following procedure offered by a friend: To allow a drive to be mounted, edit /etc/dfs/dfstab file to include the following line: share -F nfs -o ro /usr/man On computer with drive... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leond
3 Replies

6. AIX

mount directory as cdrom

Hi guy's, my first post here on the forum :p I did a quick search here, but did not find a direct hit, so decided to post my question. I'm taking my first steps into AIX, and right now I'm trying to install some software that I've downloaded as a zip file, and have this extracted into a mounted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psyduck
1 Replies

7. SCO

cdrom will not mount

I am trying to mount my a cd in my SCO 5.0.7 box and keep getting this: Alessandra! -->#mount -r /dev/cd0 /mnt mount: cannot stat '/dev/cd0' Alessandra! -->hwconfig name=kernel vec=- dma=- rel=3.2v5.0.7 kid=2003-02-18 name=cpu vec=- dma=- unit=1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

cannot mount cdrom with SAM

Hi there, I am building an HP UX 11 server (first time) and I'm trying to mount the CDROM with SAM. What am I supposed to enter in the "mount directory" box? Also, I can't ftp to the server due to a logon failure. I used root id and password. I deleted the file in the /etc/ftpd directory but... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbglo
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDROM does not mount

Hi people, I am a new user of Unix, I want to ask a basic question. I have a solaris 10 system. I want to use the cd-rom but I can't see what's inside in the cd. I put the cd and then ; root@hubatusvr # mount /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s2 /cdrom mount: /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s2 is already mounted or /cdrom is busy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hubatuwang
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to mount CDROM

Hi I have created a RHEL6 machine that is hosted on VMWare player that in turn runs off my Windows 7 PC. When I try and mount the CDROM on the RHEL6 box I get the following output: $ mount /dev/cdrom/media mount: can't find /dev/cdrom/media in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab $ Here is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: accipiter1
3 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. Under Linux 2.6.32 and later kernel versions, mount.nfs can mount all NFS file system versions. Under earlier Linux kernel versions, mount.nfs4 must be used for mounting NFSv4 file systems while mount.nfs must be used for NFSv3 and v2. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)