Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to get to the OK prompt without Sun keyboard Post 50263 by sspirito on Tuesday 20th of April 2004 12:02:53 PM
Old 04-20-2004
I am not connected through a serial port.
I am using a Sun adapter with a standard American keyboard.

The problem is that on the HDD there is no OS, when Solaris was installed I was able to get to th OK prompt by unplagging the keyboard.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

keyboard & monitor for SUn ultra enterprise 3000

Hi all, i just purchased Sun Ultra Enterprise 3000, but they did not include with keyboard/mouse . i am very new with this box. could you give me which type of keyboard i can use and video connector to my monitor since serial connectors for keyboard and video is different with my PC. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
5 Replies

2. Solaris

How to get to a OK prompt on new SUN T5140

Hi, I have a brand new SUN T5140 machine. I am trying to install Solaris 10 on the box. When I go to the machine using a KVM session I can see a blank screen , how can I get to the OK prompt to start the installation. Thanks, Suresh (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
10 Replies

3. Solaris

SUN Type 7 Keyboard, Thinklogical KVM Extender and Mouse - Any ideas?

Hello all rather new to diagnosing hardware issues on SUN platforms (still new to Sol 10 also). Sorry if this is not a great question. I have searched the forums and have not found an answer to my specific issue. Ok, I have a SUN V215 hooked up to a Thinklogical KVM extender. There are 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: caddyjoe77
3 Replies

4. Hardware

Sun Blade 1000 keyboard not detected.

Hello, I have a sun blade 1000 machine, it passes post, has 2 750mhz sparc 3 cpus and has 4GB of ram. I have setup a TIP connection and did everything i could to figure what the hell is going on, but I cannot it seems to me that the usb ports are not giving out any power. I've tried all... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

5. Solaris

XSCF prompt disappeared, Sun M5000

Hi, I've got an issue here: After I logon to the xscf prompt of this Sun M5000 and did 'XSCF> version -c xcp', the xscf prompt disappeared. I can't get it back and can't log out. exit rebootxscf logout #. #> #> ~# ~# exit sendbreak exit I tried to set the Mode Switch to the service... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Ultra 5 Cahnge Keyboard Type

Hi, I have a Sun Ultra 5 workstation with Sun Keyboard Type 6. My problem is the workstation recognize the keyboard as Keyboard Type 4 instead of type 6. How can I change the workstation to recognize sun keyboard type 6. Any idea? # kbd -t Type 4 Sun keyboard :wall::wall::wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fairus
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard

Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it. I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun V445 hangs before {0} ok prompt

I am having a problem when booting my Sun V445 machine with Solaris 10 installed on it. Machine hangs at boot at following step : 0>Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved 0>OBP->POST Call with %o0=00000800.01014000. 0>Diag level set to MAX. 0>Verbosity level set to... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: usmanijaz101
21 Replies
dc(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						     dc(7)

NAME
dc - serial line/mouse/keyboard SYNOPSIS
controller dc0 at ibus0 slot 0 vector dcintr DESCRIPTION
The dc serial line controller provides DECstation 2100, DECstation 3100, DECstation 5000, and DECstation 5100 computer systems with key- board, mouse, and serial communications interfaces. The serial communications interfaces on the DECstation 2100 and DECstation 3100 provide partial modem control. The serial communications interfaces on the DECstation 5000 provide full modem control. The device special file /dev/tty01 on a DECstation 5100 provides full modem control, while the remaining ports provide no modem control at all. All serial commu- nications interfaces operate at baud rates from B50 to B9600, excluding B200. The dc ports are used as follows: Usage Graphics device keyboard at 4800 BPS Mouse or tablet at 4800 BPS Communications port 1 (w/modem control)/local terminal Communications port 2 (w/modem control)/local terminal On all systems except the DECstation 5100, serial port 2 is used for the system console port in server (that is, non-graphics) configura- tions. On DECstation 5100s, the serial port labeled 3 on the back of the system is always the system console port. The serial system con- sole port always operates at 9600 BPS, 8-bits, no parity; modem control is not supported. RESTRICTIONS
Data communications equipment attached to the console serial port in server configurations must be set to 9600 BPS, 8-bits, no parity. The scc driver enforces this restriction. FILES
console terminal local terminal local terminal local terminal (DECstation 5100 only) RELATED INFORMATION
console(7), devio(7), tty(7), MAKEDEV(8) delim off dc(7)