Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dictionary File
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dictionary File Post 5 by Rukshan on Monday 18th of September 2000 03:24:48 PM
Old 09-18-2000
Error

Could someone please tell me where the dictionary file for Spell is stored. And is it in a text format so I can read it in a windows text editor. Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nt to unix dictionary

Has anyone ever encountered a good publication or site that is basically a NT(or DOS) to UNIX Dictionary / Translator (i.e. service = daemon or ren = mv, etc) - I've found lots of websites that list like 20 or so command equivalents, but that's about it- what about differences in system folders,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsumers
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix dictionary location

ne1 know where unixs built in dictionary is??? is it in this place /usr/dict/words????? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sinner
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dictionary words in vim

how can i get the dictionary words in vim using keyboard keys? and how can i get the current directory filename? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmananindia
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to give dictionary effect ?

Hello, In google: if we type the text like :- It gives us a question saying :- I want to know how to write a shell script to give this Dictionary effect. example:If we give "lst" then it corrects us saying "list". Can you please help me with a sample code! friends..... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix dictionary.

Hey, I am looking for an inbuilt unix dictionary.I tried to look at the path /usr/dict/word and I do not find anything any dict directory in the /usr folder. Can anyone please tell me how to find out this dictionary? Thanks Lee. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leepan2008
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i use sed to replace string with values from a dictionary file

I have file 1 with one million rows. one of the fields is "FIRSTNAME" (the string) I have a second file with about 20 first names. JUDE DAVID HOMER CANE ABEL MARTY CARL SONNY STEVE BERT OSCAR MICKY JAMES JOHN GLENN DOUG (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyolandre
3 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to create a dictionary using cygwin

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a dictionary using cygwin. Display the following menu at the start of execution 1-add a word in the dictionary # specify the meaning 2-search a word # if word exists, show the meaning of the word 2-delete a word... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpopfreakghecky
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing dupes within 2 delimited areas in a large dictionary file

Hello, I have a very large dictionary file which is in text format and which contains a large number of sub-sections. Each sub-section starts with the following header : #DATA #VALID 1 and ends with a footer as shown below #END The data between the Header and the Footer consists of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a dictionary with domain name adjuncted

Hello, I have created a dictionary which has the following structure: DOMAINWORD=(equivalent in English)gloss(es) in Hindi each separated by a comma(equivalent in English)gloss(es) in Hindi each separated by a comma or a semi-colon An example will make this clear ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
13 Replies
CREATE TEXT SEARCH 
DICTIONARY(7) SQL Commands CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY(7) NAME
CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY - define a new text search dictionary SYNOPSIS
CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY name ( TEMPLATE = template [, option = value [, ... ]] ) DESCRIPTION
CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY creates a new text search dictionary. A text search dictionary specifies a way of recognizing interesting or uninteresting words for searching. A dictionary depends on a text search template, which specifies the functions that actually perform the work. Typically the dictionary provides some options that control the detailed behavior of the template's functions. If a schema name is given then the text search dictionary is created in the specified schema. Otherwise it is created in the current schema. The user who defines a text search dictionary becomes its owner. Refer to in the documentation for further information. PARAMETERS
name The name of the text search dictionary to be created. The name can be schema-qualified. template The name of the text search template that will define the basic behavior of this dictionary. option The name of a template-specific option to be set for this dictionary. value The value to use for a template-specific option. If the value is not a simple identifier or number, it must be quoted (but you can always quote it, if you wish). The options can appear in any order. EXAMPLES
The following example command creates a Snowball-based dictionary with a nonstandard list of stop words. CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY my_russian ( template = snowball, language = russian, stopwords = myrussian ); COMPATIBILITY
There is no CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
ALTER TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY [alter_text_search_dictionary(7)], DROP TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY [drop_text_search_dictionary(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY(7)