Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dictionary File
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dictionary File Post 5 by Rukshan on Monday 18th of September 2000 03:24:48 PM
Old 09-18-2000
Error

Could someone please tell me where the dictionary file for Spell is stored. And is it in a text format so I can read it in a windows text editor. Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nt to unix dictionary

Has anyone ever encountered a good publication or site that is basically a NT(or DOS) to UNIX Dictionary / Translator (i.e. service = daemon or ren = mv, etc) - I've found lots of websites that list like 20 or so command equivalents, but that's about it- what about differences in system folders,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsumers
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix dictionary location

ne1 know where unixs built in dictionary is??? is it in this place /usr/dict/words????? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sinner
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dictionary words in vim

how can i get the dictionary words in vim using keyboard keys? and how can i get the current directory filename? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmananindia
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to give dictionary effect ?

Hello, In google: if we type the text like :- It gives us a question saying :- I want to know how to write a shell script to give this Dictionary effect. example:If we give "lst" then it corrects us saying "list". Can you please help me with a sample code! friends..... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix dictionary.

Hey, I am looking for an inbuilt unix dictionary.I tried to look at the path /usr/dict/word and I do not find anything any dict directory in the /usr folder. Can anyone please tell me how to find out this dictionary? Thanks Lee. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leepan2008
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i use sed to replace string with values from a dictionary file

I have file 1 with one million rows. one of the fields is "FIRSTNAME" (the string) I have a second file with about 20 first names. JUDE DAVID HOMER CANE ABEL MARTY CARL SONNY STEVE BERT OSCAR MICKY JAMES JOHN GLENN DOUG (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyolandre
3 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to create a dictionary using cygwin

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a dictionary using cygwin. Display the following menu at the start of execution 1-add a word in the dictionary # specify the meaning 2-search a word # if word exists, show the meaning of the word 2-delete a word... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpopfreakghecky
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing dupes within 2 delimited areas in a large dictionary file

Hello, I have a very large dictionary file which is in text format and which contains a large number of sub-sections. Each sub-section starts with the following header : #DATA #VALID 1 and ends with a footer as shown below #END The data between the Header and the Footer consists of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a dictionary with domain name adjuncted

Hello, I have created a dictionary which has the following structure: DOMAINWORD=(equivalent in English)gloss(es) in Hindi each separated by a comma(equivalent in English)gloss(es) in Hindi each separated by a comma or a semi-colon An example will make this clear ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
13 Replies
DPBINDIC(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPBINDIC(1)

NAME
dpbindic - Convert a binary-form dictionary into a text-form dictionary SYNOPSYS
dpbindic [ -xiu [ frequency ] ] binary-file [ text-file ] DESCRIPTION
dpbindic outputs the file information of the binary-form dictionary file specified in binary-file . At this time, the word information of the dictionary can be output in text form to the standard output. To do so, use test-file to specify the text-form dictionary used as the source of binary-form dictionary file. If this specification is omitted, the text dictionary file information in the binary dictionary file will be output. The standard grammar file name is /usr/local/canna/lib/dic/hyoujun.gram. It will be used if the grammar file name specification is omitted. The output format of word information data is specified using an option. OPTIONS
-x Outputs the data without using omission symbol @, which is used when the initial word represents the reading. -i Replaces the reading and word for output. -u Outputs the candidates used in conversion. Outputs all candidates having frequency or more. If frequency is omitted, all candi- dates having frequency 1 will be output. EXAMPLES
(1) If the text-form dictionary file name is omitted: %dibindic iroha.cbd (Text dictionary file name = Directory size + Word size, packed) iroha.swd = 2985 + 5306 pak a4 iroha.mwd = 36276 + 113139 pak a4 (2) If the text-form dictionary file name iroha.mwd is specified: %dpbindic iroha.cbd iroha.mwd (Text dictionary file name = Directory size + Word size, packed) iroha.mwd = 36276 + 113139 pak a4 SEE ALSO
mkbindic(1), dicar(1) DPBINDIC(1)