Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Red Hat 9 - NTFS Support
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo Red Hat 9 - NTFS Support Post 48867 by HelpAusHeaven on Friday 19th of March 2004 04:11:15 PM
Old 03-19-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by binhnx2000
Kernel 2.4 not support NTFS. You can upgrade to Kernel 2.6

Good Luck
Why?
By my mind 2.4.22 has NTFS support....
Anyway you can install driver for NTFS support without recompile your kernel....

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

End of life date for errata support for our final Red Hat Linux distribution

Dear Red Hat Linux user, We are approaching the published end of life date for errata support for our final Red Hat Linux distribution. We'd like to remind you of this date and the options available to you for migrating your Red Hat Linux implementations: Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ntfs support

hello, I want to acces my other drives(NTFS) on my fedora 6......I had recomplied my kernel to 2.6.23....previously it was 2.6.18.... Also I had loaded driver for ntfs ie.......installed successfully ....fuse + ntfs-3g..... Now I am able to accces my other ntfs drives....... but what i need is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
11 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card?

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card? Does any Linux OS support Nvidia card? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sito
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Red Hat Network / Support

Dear all, I have around 7 servers which are running under RHEL 5.x Version. I have supported the server for nearly 3 years. Till now I have not contacted RHEL Network Support from Redhat for any services. Now a thought came to my mind , that in any case if there is some issue with the OS or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Right to left language support, in Red Hat EL6

i need for a right to left language support, in red hat EL6 , for repository problem, i never could to use from yum-solution, is there a rpm-solution or config-solution? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alwaystudent
1 Replies
NTFSPROGS(8)                                                  System Manager's Manual                                                 NTFSPROGS(8)

NAME
ntfsprogs - tools for doing neat things with NTFS OVERVIEW
ntfsprogs is a suite of NTFS utilities based around a shared library. The tools are available for free and come with full source code. TOOLS
mkntfs(8) - Create an NTFS filesystem. ntfscat(8) - Dump a file's content to the standard output. ntfsclone(8) - Efficiently clone, backup, restore or rescue NTFS. ntfscluster(8) - Locate the files which use the given sectors or clusters. ntfscmp(8) - Compare two NTFS filesystems and tell the differences. ntfscp(8) - Copy a file to an NTFS volume. ntfsfix(8) - Check and fix some common errors, clear the LogFile and make Windows perform a thorough check next time it boots. ntfsinfo(8) - Show information about NTFS or one of the files or directories within it. ntfslabel(8) - Show, or set, an NTFS filesystem's volume label. ntfsls(8) - List information about files in a directory residing on an NTFS. ntfsresize(8) - Resize NTFS without losing data. ntfstruncate(8) - Truncate a file on an NTFS volume. ntfsundelete(8) - Recover deleted files from NTFS. ntfswipe(8) - Overwrite unused space on an NTFS volume. AUTHORS
The tools were written by Anton Altaparmakov, Carmelo Kintana, Cristian Klein, Erik Sornes, Giang Nguyen, Holger Ohmacht, Lode Leroy, Matthew J. Fanto, Per Olofsson, Richard Russon, Szabolcs Szakacsits, Yura Pakhuchiy and Yuval Fledel. AVAILABILITY
The ntfsprogs are part of the ntfs-3g package which can be downloaded from: http://www.tuxera.com/community/ SEE ALSO
ntfs-3g(8) ntfs-3g 2017.3.23 September 2007 NTFSPROGS(8)