Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Send mail to any user (@hotmail,@yahoo etc) from Solaris Post 47636 by fpmurphy on Saturday 14th of February 2004 11:05:54 AM
Old 02-14-2004
A Google search for "Solaris mail configuration" will
provide you with pointers to all the information that
you need.

- F

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send mail when user logs in.

Hi All, I have a specific requirement hope you guys can help me resolve this problem. I want to send an email when a specific user logs in.. Eg: My User ID on the Unix box is VENKYA when I log into the System can we send a mail that I logged in. I am on a Sun Solaris Server. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkyA
3 Replies

3. Solaris

mail problems - how to send mail on solaris

Hello I am new user on solaris... I need to configure my solaris to be able to send mails... I know mailx command mailx -s hello address@address.com but I get an error... you have mail in /var/mail/root # hello... User unknown /dead.letter... Saved message in /dead.letter what... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can not send mail in solaris 5.9

Hi !! I'm trying to send myself a mail from my Solaris server, i had tryed with this commands: mail -s "test" irasela@yahoo.com < /monitoring/space/bitacora.txt mailx -s "test" irasela@yahoo.com < /monitoring/space/bitacora.txt sendmail -F "test" address "irasela.yahoo.com" -t... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irasela
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove the text (*@yahoo.com, hotmail.com) from one file

Hi, I have different file name (*) at the path: /path/* with the below content: Example of the file content. abc@test.com: abc@hotmail.com, abc@yahoo.com xyz@test.com: xyz@hotmail.com qwer@test.com: qwer@gmail.com,qwer@aol.com,qwer@test2.com ghjk@test.com: ghjk@test2.com abcd@xyz.com:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: juniorbear
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send attachments using send mail in Solaris

Hi All, I have a requirement to send and email of body html with an attachment. concatinating uuencode output to the mail body with mailx command works, but as my Email body is of HTML type i use sendmail. my command to send HTML body is as below: export MAILTO="recipient@domain.com"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to send email using "mail" to google or yahoo

hi all, i need to email the output of a command to a google or yahoo account. am using debian lenny 5. can someone please help me on this ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to send mail to a UNIX user id ?

Hi , I am trying to know the possibility of sending a mail to my unix user id from my gmail. Is there any such possibility to send the same? Please reply. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
2 Replies
mailcompat(1)							   User Commands						     mailcompat(1)

NAME
mailcompat - provide SunOS compatibility for Solaris mailbox format DESCRIPTION
mailcompat is a program to provide SunOS 4.x compatability for the Solaris mailbox format. You would typically run mailcompat to be able to read mail on a workstation running SunOS 4.x when your mail server is running Solaris. Enabling mailcompat creates an entry in your .forward file, if it exists. If this file does not exist, mailcompat will create it. Dis- abling mailcompat will remove the entry from the .forward file, and if this was the only entry, will remove the entire file. To execute mailcompat, log onto the Solaris mail server and enter mailcompat on the command line. Answer the queries provided by the pro- gram. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of mailcompat when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Examples of the mailcompat feature. The following example enables the mailcompat feature for the user "john". example% mailcompat This program can be used to store your mail in a format that you can read with SunOS 4.X based mail readers To enable the mailcompat feature a ".forward" file is created. Would you like to enable the mailcompat feature? Y Mailcompat feature ENABLED.Run mailcompat with no arguments to remove it example% The following example disables the mailcompat feature for the user "john". example% mailcompat This program can be used to store your mail in a format that you can read with SunOS 4.X based mail readers You have a .forward file in your home directory containing: "|/usr/bin/mailcompat johns" Would you like to remove it and disable the mailcompat feature? y Back to normal reception of mail. example% FILES
~/.forward list of recipients for forwarding messages ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mailx(1), attributes(5), largefile(5) SunOS 5.10 4 Aug 1994 mailcompat(1)