Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users finding a process running on a port Post 47404 by davidg on Tuesday 10th of February 2004 08:09:36 AM
Old 02-10-2004
netstat -a

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

finding port numbers

hither! whatz the command to find which process is using a specific port number? for example, port 8082? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkcastle
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finding and replacing port numbers.

Hi All, I am trying to write a shell script which firstly will search some files and then increase the port numbers mentioned in them by a certain no. let me clear it with an example- suppose there r few files a,b,c,d.... file a's content- <serverEntries xmi:id="ServerEntry_1"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankushsingh10
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Finding port number !!

Hi all , I want know the port no on which a particular application is running. How to find that? Thanks in anticipation (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

5. Solaris

Process running on which port

Hi I would like to know, how to find that particular process is running on which port other than /etc/services as this file shows well known ports information. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies

6. AIX

Process running on which port

I would like to know, how to find that particular process is running on which port other than /etc/services as this file shows well known ports information Double post, continued here. If you want answers for different OS, post in a general section instead. If you want your other post moved... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
0 Replies

7. SCO

Problem finding what is using a serial port

How can I determine what process is currently using a serial port? A good bit of google searching hasn't turned up anything useful, but it seems like there has to be a way to do this without too much difficulty. When I first started looking into this problem, I assumed that when a port was in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsnatl
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to kill a process running at a certain port

Hello, I have multiple scripts (vlc1, vlc2,...vlc5) and as I do not know how to run them as upstart processes, I entered my script links into rc.local file. Here is the sample one for process vlc1: $ nano /etc/rc.local added below line into rc.local /var/bin/./vlc1 & Port nr of vlc1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get exact tomcat process I am running ignoring other java process

Team, I have multiple batchjobs running in VM, if I do ps -ef |grep java or tomcat I am getting multiple process list. How do I get my exact tomcat process running and that is unique? via shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghanshyam Ratho
4 Replies
SMPPPD-C.CONF(5)						      SMPPPD							  SMPPPD-C.CONF(5)

NAME
smpppd-c.conf - configuration file for smpppd frontends DESCRIPTION
When frontends of smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet want to connect the smpppd they may read the file /etc/smpppd-c.conf. The configuration file /etc/smpppd-c.conf has a simple file format with a key = value pair in each line. OPTIONS
sites = <list of sites> Tell the frontends where to find the smpppd. Frontends will try to connect to the smpppd in the order defined here. Possible sites are: local Connect to locally running smpppd (via socket in the local namespace). gateway Connect to smpppd running on the gateway. config-file Connect to smpppd as specified in this file. slp Connect to smpppd as retrived from the slp daemon (service location protocol). server = <server> Specifies the host on which the smpppd is running. port = <port> Specifies the port number of the smpppd. password = <password> The password to use for authentication at the smpppd, UTF-8 encoded for those who really care. SEE ALSO
kinternet, qinternet, cinternet(1), smpppd(8). AUTHOR
Arvin Schnell <arvin@suse.de> SuSE January 2004 SMPPPD-C.CONF(5)