Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Schedule a Batch file to delete files at particular intervals Post 47159 by oombera on Wednesday 4th of February 2004 09:07:08 AM
Old 02-04-2004
Sounds like you'll want to set up a cron job. Read through this site and see if it'll work for you:

http://www.webmasters-central.com/t/cron.shtml

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

batch delete using find, files with # character

UPDATE: Sorry, disregard this. It did work, I made a mistake; I just shouldn't have been using maxdepth. I do think it is good to know, however, that find | grep '#' | xargs rm will "clean up" funnily named files in a directory. Of course, some of those funnily named files are there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tphyahoo
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash - batch script for extracting one file from multiple tar files

so i have hundreds of files named history.20071112.tar (history.YYYYMMDD.tar) and im looking to extract one file out of each archive called status_YYYYMMDDHH:MM.lis here is what i have so far: for FILE in `cat dirlist` do tar xvf $FILE ./status_* done dirlist is a text... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuliksco
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Batch job to delete files from various directories

Hi, I have a shell script to find files older than 'X' days ($2) in directory path ($1) and delete them. Like this: my_file_remover.sh /usr/home/c 90 Now, I need to modify this script and add it in CRON, so that it checks other directories also. Like: my_file_remover.sh /usr/home/c... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Batch file to Get New Files Only through FTP

Hi there I want to create a batch file which Get (mget) the newly added Files only, from specific directory on UNIX server to local folder on windows server through FTP, and this batch file will be scheduled to run daily to load the new files. help me plz :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alsharq
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Batch file to Get New Files Only through FTP

Hi there I want to create a batch file which Get (mget) the newly added Files only from specific directory on UNIX server to specific folder on windows server using FTP, and this batch file will be scheduled on the windows server to run daily to load the new files (load the newly added files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alsharq
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing a batch of files to a test file

Hi I am writing a script to run a loop through a directory and run a diff on each file against my test file. I then want to time how long each file to process (not sure how time works), as well as how long all the files took as a whole to process. Here is my code #!/bin/bash #Old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Batch file to move video files and retain sub-directories

I have just purchased my first ever Apple computer - and am therefore new to UNIX also. I would like to create a simple "batch file" (apologies if this is the wrong terminology) to do the following: When I plug my camera into the MAC it automatically downloads photos and videos into a new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mm0mss
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare intervals (columns) from two files (awk, grep, Perl?)

Hi dear users, I need to compare numeric columns in two files. These files have the following structure. K.txt (4 columns) A001 chr21 9805831 9846011 A002 chr21 9806202 9846263 A003 chr21 9887188 9988593 A003 chr21 9887188 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcvivar
2 Replies

10. Programming

Selecting files in regular intervals from a folder

Hi, I need your expertise in selecting files from a folder. I have files named with convention: filename.i.j where j is an interger from 1 to 16, for each i which is an integer from 1 to 2000. I would like to select the files with i in regular interval of 50 like filename.1.j,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpd25
2 Replies
sadc(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   sadc(8)

NAME
sadc -- system activity data collector SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sa/sadc [-m mode] [t n] [ofile] DESCRIPTION
The sadc tool is used to collect cumulative system activity data. The sample system data is collected at intervals t seconds apart, in a loop n times. The binary sample data is written to ofile if specified. Otherwise, the binary data is written to stdout. If the ofile file does not exist, it is created, otherwise it is truncated. sadc is intended to be used as the engine behind the sar(1) command, and is not typically invoked on the command line. Two shell scripts, sa1 and sa2, are provided to drive the typical sampling, saving, and reporting process. OPTIONS
The following options modify the way data is collected by sadc. -m mode Modify the collection of system statistics as specified by mode. Currently only one mode is supported. PPP By default, the collection of ppp network interface statistics is turned off. This is because the number of ppp connec- tions can be very high, causing the raw data file to grow unexpectedly large, especially when samples are collected at short intervals. Use the PPP mode to turn the collection back on. EXAMPLES
/usr/lib/sa/sadc 15 20 /tmp/sample.out This call collects 20 samples at 15 second intervals. The binary data is written to the /tmp/sample.out file FILES
/var/log/sa/sadd Default daily activity file that holds the binary sampling data. dd are digits that represent the day of the month. /usr/lib/sa/sa1 Shell script used to drive the sar data collection. /usr/lib/sa/sa2 Shell script used to drive the sar data reporting. SEE ALSO
fs_usage(1), netstat(1), sar(1), sc_usage(1), top(1), vm_stat(1), iostat(8), sa1(8), sa2(8) Mac OS X Jul 25 2003 Mac OS X