Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scheduling a process
Top Forums Programming scheduling a process Post 47092 by a25khan on Monday 2nd of February 2004 08:07:46 PM
Old 02-02-2004
Computer

thanks perderabo Smilie
now i m getting it Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regarding the scheduling of the process

Hello, I would like to schedule a command at a specific time on my system.I know that theres a file named at.alow and at.deny in my system. I can find the at.deny file but not an at.allow file . Is there anyway out or i have to go and talk to the system administrator itself , or any other way of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashantuc
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scheduling

i have tried to schedule my process at a certain time using the at command : the error says bad time specification can somebody help me i used at 2300 job thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantuc
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scheduling Policy Of Process

Hello How to know the scheduling policy of the process in HP-UX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manjunath
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

job/process scheduling or control

Hi forum, I have a problem concerning job or process scheduling and control. I have to run 24 jobs (could be more sometimes less) of the same programme with different parameters. The machine this code is running on is an 8-core machine, so I was thinking that running all the processes at once... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deiphon
0 Replies

5. AIX

Adjust disk scheduling priority for a process?

Hi all! Some dumb administrator run the weekly backup "by hand" on our AIX 5.3 server, which we use to deploy Websphere applications, during work hours. Using the server while the backup is taking place is almost imposible. Both the disks are working at 100% and it's almost unusable. Asking the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shandrio
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab scheduling

Hi all, My OS is Solaris 10. I want to schedule a job which i need to run between morining 6 to eve 6 once for every 2 hours. This is what i did. 0 6-18 * * 1-5 /monitor.sh It runs for every hour how to make it for every two hours ...... Thanks, Firestar. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firestar
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process Scheduling where to start

Hello, i'm absolutely new to the whole Operating Systems thing. I am pretty much level 0. My assignment is to "simulate the execution of a stream of processes by a computer system, one CPU, many terminals 12 disk drives, 30 public mailboxes. The professor runs a series of inputs which is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JaneSkylar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scheduling scheduling !!!

Hi, i have 10 sh scripts. All are running in parallel using cron tab and each script gives "success" flag files once the execution is completed. and, now i have 11th script which should look for "success" flag from those 10 sh scripts. once all the 10 flag files found, 11 th script has to do... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nago123
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help regarding cronjob scheduling

Hello All, I have three requirements to schedule three shell scripts in crontab. Could you please help me in this: 1) To schedule a shell script every 5mins interval every day between 10PM to 10:30PM 2) To schedule a shell script every 10min interval every day between 9AM to 10AM. 3) To... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process Scheduling Information Extraction

I want to extract the process having highest utilization on each processor core and then output its information (PID etc.) to a file. How can I do it by using either top or ps command? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vaibhavs1985
1 Replies
PAPI_strerror(3)						       PAPI							  PAPI_strerror(3)

NAME
PAPI_strerror - Returns a string describing the PAPI error code. SYNOPSIS
Detailed Description C Interface: #include <papi.h> char * PAPI_strerror( int errorCode ); Parameters: code -- the error code to interpret Return values: *error -- a pointer to the error string. NULL -- the input error code to PAPI_strerror() is invalid. PAPI_strerror() returns a pointer to the error message corresponding to the error code code. If the call fails the function returns the NULL pointer. This function is not implemented in Fortran. Example: * int ret; * int EventSet = PAPI_NULL; * int native = 0x0; * char error_str[PAPI_MAX_STR_LEN]; * * ret = PAPI_create_eventset(&EventSet); * if (ret != PAPI_OK) * { * fprintf(stderr, "PAPI error %d: %s0, ret, PAPI_strerror(retval)); * exit(1); * } * // Add Total Instructions Executed to our EventSet * ret = PAPI_add_event(EventSet, PAPI_TOT_INS); * if (ret != PAPI_OK) * { * PAPI_perror( "PAPI_add_event"); * fprintf(stderr,"PAPI_error %d: %s0, ret, error_str); * exit(1); * } * // Start counting * ret = PAPI_start(EventSet); * if (ret != PAPI_OK) handle_error(ret); * See Also: PAPI_perror PAPI_set_opt PAPI_get_opt PAPI_shutdown PAPI_set_debug Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for PAPI from the source code. Version 5.2.0.0 Tue Jun 17 2014 PAPI_strerror(3)