Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Red Hat 9 - NTFS Support
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo Red Hat 9 - NTFS Support Post 46664 by HelpAusHeaven on Wednesday 21st of January 2004 07:29:53 PM
Old 01-21-2004
Of course you can add NTFS support read only in RH9.
You can do this in two ways.
First, you can just recompile your kernel with NTFS support.
Or second (easier!):
Visit this website:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-ntfs/
it's kernel driver for ntfs support (if my memory serves me right for 2.4 kernel)
Try this, it's easy!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

End of life date for errata support for our final Red Hat Linux distribution

Dear Red Hat Linux user, We are approaching the published end of life date for errata support for our final Red Hat Linux distribution. We'd like to remind you of this date and the options available to you for migrating your Red Hat Linux implementations: Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ntfs support

hello, I want to acces my other drives(NTFS) on my fedora 6......I had recomplied my kernel to 2.6.23....previously it was 2.6.18.... Also I had loaded driver for ntfs ie.......installed successfully ....fuse + ntfs-3g..... Now I am able to accces my other ntfs drives....... but what i need is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
11 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card?

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card? Does any Linux OS support Nvidia card? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sito
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Red Hat Network / Support

Dear all, I have around 7 servers which are running under RHEL 5.x Version. I have supported the server for nearly 3 years. Till now I have not contacted RHEL Network Support from Redhat for any services. Now a thought came to my mind , that in any case if there is some issue with the OS or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Right to left language support, in Red Hat EL6

i need for a right to left language support, in red hat EL6 , for repository problem, i never could to use from yum-solution, is there a rpm-solution or config-solution? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alwaystudent
1 Replies
NTFS.UTIL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      NTFS.UTIL(8)

NAME
ntfs.util -- NTFS file system utility SYNOPSIS
ntfs.util -k device ntfs.util -m device mountpoint mountflag1 mountflag2 mountflag3 mountflag4 ntfs.util -p device mountflag1 mountflag2 ntfs.util -u device mountpoint DESCRIPTION
The ntfs.util command supports the mounting, probing, and unmounting of NTFS file systems. Options: -k Get the UUID key for the NTFS file system at device. -m Mount the NTFS file system located on device onto mountpoint with the flags mountflag1 mountflag2 mountflag3 mountflag4. -p Probe the device for an NTFS file system using the flags mountflag1 mountflag2. If the probe is successful, i.e. the device contains a valid NTFS file system, its label is printed to the standard output stream. -u Unmount the NTFS file system located at device and mounted on mountpoint. The mountflags referenced above are: o mountflag1: removable or fixed o mountflag2: readonly or writeable o mountflag3: suid or nosuid o mountflag4: dev or nodev SEE ALSO
diskarbitrationd(8) mount_ntfs(8) HISTORY
This NTFS implementation first appeared in Mac OS X 10.5. AUTHORS
This NTFS implementation was written by Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@cantab.net>. Mac OS X October 22, 2006 Mac OS X