Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Xserver won't come up on Solaris 8 Post 46177 by norsk hedensk on Friday 9th of January 2004 03:44:29 PM
Old 01-09-2004
did you check your error logs?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris (9) won't boot!

Hi, I've just bought an Ultra 60 running solaris 9 (or so I've been led to believe). When I start up, it looks for a (presumably) domain/network to hook up to and the following messages are displayed: Boot device: net file and args: Network link setup failed Please check cable and try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alarmcall
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xserver not running in Solaris x86

I have just installed Solaris 10 x86 version on a Compaq Evo desktop station with a Sun 19" SVGA monitor model # CM751U. The desktop has 256MB RAM. The video card is a nVidia Riva TNT2 64. If I do a scanpci command; it returns the card as a nVidia Corporation NV6 (Vanta/Vanta LT) The Xserver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sjteng
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xserver

Hi, From my workstation (win XP)I open a telnet session on Linux(Red Hat) server. When I issue : # xclock I have : Error: Can't open display: Then : # export DISPLAY=192.16.1.87:0.0 # xclock Error: Can't open display: 192.16.1.87:0.0 Do you have an idea ? Many thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Xserver

I have problem with my V490 server which running on solaris 8. The error show on log file X_mkdir: nosuch file or directory Fatal server error: Failed to establish all listening sockets error (pid 299): server unexpectedly died error (pid 299): server for display :0 cant be started ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shamsul
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 install won't accept IP address

Hi I am trying to debug an issue with an automated install I have set-up. So to start I just ran a simple ok; boot cdrom - install but when it came to the IP address field it would only take the following format 123.123.123.12 and would not let me enter the last digit Anybody got any... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
9 Replies

6. AIX

won't mount /usr...won't boot fully

Hello: NOOB here. I attempted to use smit mkcd. Failed on first attempt, not enough space. 2nd attempt tried to place iso on /usr, not enough space there. Cleanup ran for about 5 minutes after aborting. Now AIX won't boot. LCD display on 7029-6E3 says: 0517 MOUNT /USR. Attempted to boot from CD... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbird
11 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10u7 won't boot after hardware change

Hi all, I've somehow gained the idea that I _need_ to run at least 1 box with Solaris, but things don't go as I had planned :-) I pulled this ancient IBM eserver xseries 305 out of the dust, and got myself a fresh copy of the required cd's for Solaris 10u7. FAIL, for some reason the box and the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.aart
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 won't boot up "Cannot load drivers for /pci@400.....

This is the error message that I am getting on a Solaris 10 sparc server scsi: no major number cannot load drivers for /pci@400..... Can't load the root filesystem Type 'go' to resume {0} ok Is there a way for me to correct this issue. It looks like I am missing a scsi driver to boot up... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trinityforce
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 man pages won't show on CLI

Hello guys, I am a newbie. Just freshly installed Solaris 11. When I try to type for example root@t1000:~# man zpool It says bash: man: command not found. It used to show manual pages before installation. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nazimbilir
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script won't run because hardware won't produce display

Can anyone offer any advice on how to modify the script below to work on a new system we have, that has no graphics capability? We admin the system through a serial RAS device. I've tried running the below script through the RAS and through an ssh -X session. It failed with something like "GTK... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelirt5
3 Replies
AUSEARCH_ADD_ITEM(3)						  Linux Audit API					      AUSEARCH_ADD_ITEM(3)

NAME
ausearch_add_item - build up search rule SYNOPSIS
#include <auparse.h> int ausearch_add_item(auparse_state_t *au, const char *field, const char *op, const char *value, ausearch_rule_t how); DESCRIPTION
ausearch_add_item adds one search condition to the current audit search expression. The search conditions can then be used to scan logs, files, or buffers for something of interest. The field value is the field name that the value will be checked for. The op variable describes what kind of check is to be done. Legal op values are: exists just check that a field name exists = locate the field name and check that the value associated with it is equal to the value given in this rule. != locate the field name and check that the value associated with it is NOT equal to the value given in this rule. The value parameter is compared to the uninterpreted field value. The how value determines how this search condition will affect the existing search expression if one is already defined. The possible val- ues are: AUSEARCH_RULE_CLEAR Clear the current search expression, if any, and use only this search condition. AUSEARCH_RULE_OR If a search expression E is already configured, replace it by (E || this_search_condition). AUSEARCH_RULE_AND If a search expression E is already configured, replace it by (E && this_search_condition). RETURN VALUE
Returns -1 if an error occurs; otherwise, 0 for success. SEE ALSO
ausearch_add_expression(3), ausearch_add_interpreted_item(3), ausearch_add_timestamp_item(3), ausearch_add_regex(3), ausearch_set_stop(3), ausearch_clear(3), ausearch_next_event(3), ausearch-expression(5). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat Nov 2007 AUSEARCH_ADD_ITEM(3)