Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX emulators
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers UNIX emulators Post 45847 by jsilva on Sunday 4th of January 2004 04:10:37 AM
Old 01-04-2004
Re: UNIX emulators

Hi,

Quote:
Originally posted by MIRV
Anyone got any suggestions...besides download Linux?
Yes... first, download Solaris ( a real Unix(tm) S.O. ) from, here http://wwws.sun.com/software/solaris...s/get.html#x86 and then follow this link http://www.jan.exss.de/vmware/solaris/en_index.html , it will tell you how to install Solaris on VMWare ( it's not certified by VMware, but you can always try )...

Good luck !

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows UNIX emulators?

Is there some way I could run UNIX in a window by itself on a Win2K PC? I have to use this PC at work, and I'd like to run UNIX in the background, so I can learn the system during the inevitable lulls (my job is boring as hell). Any help would be appreciated...thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: liquidcross
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun OS 3 Emulators?

Hi all, I guess I'm going to get lots of annoyed people asking about windows on a unix forum but here goes. I have a win XP machine and need to run some sofware that was written on and compiled on a sun os 3 machine. Does anyone know of any emulators that will run in the windows enviromment to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: northernalex
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

any emulators

iam new to unix , i would like to practice unix commands at home, can anyone help me to know if there are any emulators that i can download to practice or any trial versions that can be installed to practice. Regards dep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dep
1 Replies

4. Solaris

8&16bit emulators

Hi to everybody!! Being an Amiga junkie for almost 20 years, I recently decided to start learning a couple of thing about UNIX. My first hardware choice was a Sun U10 and than a U60! Have managed so far to set up the machines to work well with Solaris9, they really are very good but I miss my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokkiklhs
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Terminal Emulators

I have been using NetTerm on various Windows flavors for a while and have just run into a problem with printer passthru (transparent printing) that I can analyse but not resolve. The setup is a Epson TM60 POS Label Printer connected XON/XOFF via COM1 on a Win98SE system. This is controlled... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MickZA
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for Unix Emulators on Windows XP

Hello all, Forgive me if this question was asked before, I'm unable to find an answer to it on this forum upon searching "windows unix". I have Windows XP at home, and I want to practice Unix, I want to re-learn all Unix commands, Shell script programming and the Vi Editor. I'm looking... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoughts
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Advanced info on CPU Emulators

I have searched and searched this topic but without looking at source code ; my next step maybe , I find the same ambiguous information. My main question is how is the target code translated? It is stated that there are variables created that hold the data that the emulated CPU would hold in... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3pm)

NAME
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX - Net::Server UNIX protocol. SYNOPSIS
See Net::Server::Proto. DESCRIPTION
Protocol module for Net::Server. This module implements the UNIX SOCK_STREAM socket type. See Net::Server::Proto. Any sockets created during startup will be chown'ed to the user and group specified in the starup arguments. PARAMETERS
The following paramaters may be specified in addition to normal command line parameters for a Net::Server. See Net::Server for more information on reading arguments. unix_type Can be either SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_DGRAM (default is SOCK_STREAM). This can also be passed on the port line (see Net::Server::Proto). However, this method is deprecated. If you want SOCK_STREAM - just use proto UNIX without any other arguments. If you'd like SOCK_DGRAM, use the new proto UNIXDGRAM. METHODS
NS_unix_path/NS_unix_type In addition to the standard NS_ methods of Net::Server::Proto classes, the UNIX types also have legacy calls to NS_unix_path and NS_unix_type. Since version 2.000, NS_unix_path is simply an alias to NS_port. NS_unix_type is now redundant with NS_proto. These methods were missing between version 2.000 and 2.003 but have been returned as legacy bridges. QUICK PARAMETER LIST
Key Value Default # deprecated UNIX socket parameters unix_type (SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_DGRAM) SOCK_STREAM port "filename" undef # more recent usage port "filename / UNIX" port "filename / UNIXDGRAM" LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.14.2 2012-06-06 Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3pm)