Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX emulators
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers UNIX emulators Post 45834 by file on Friday 2nd of January 2004 02:17:10 PM
Old 01-02-2004
you can't afford unix?

wtf bro, there are like 5 *nixes out there that are free
Red Hat
Fedora
Slackware
Solaris ( i believe, haven't got to use it yet)

but the point is, you could just simply dual boot with linux and xp it works perfect, i've never had a problem.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows UNIX emulators?

Is there some way I could run UNIX in a window by itself on a Win2K PC? I have to use this PC at work, and I'd like to run UNIX in the background, so I can learn the system during the inevitable lulls (my job is boring as hell). Any help would be appreciated...thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: liquidcross
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun OS 3 Emulators?

Hi all, I guess I'm going to get lots of annoyed people asking about windows on a unix forum but here goes. I have a win XP machine and need to run some sofware that was written on and compiled on a sun os 3 machine. Does anyone know of any emulators that will run in the windows enviromment to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: northernalex
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

any emulators

iam new to unix , i would like to practice unix commands at home, can anyone help me to know if there are any emulators that i can download to practice or any trial versions that can be installed to practice. Regards dep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dep
1 Replies

4. Solaris

8&16bit emulators

Hi to everybody!! Being an Amiga junkie for almost 20 years, I recently decided to start learning a couple of thing about UNIX. My first hardware choice was a Sun U10 and than a U60! Have managed so far to set up the machines to work well with Solaris9, they really are very good but I miss my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokkiklhs
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Terminal Emulators

I have been using NetTerm on various Windows flavors for a while and have just run into a problem with printer passthru (transparent printing) that I can analyse but not resolve. The setup is a Epson TM60 POS Label Printer connected XON/XOFF via COM1 on a Win98SE system. This is controlled... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MickZA
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for Unix Emulators on Windows XP

Hello all, Forgive me if this question was asked before, I'm unable to find an answer to it on this forum upon searching "windows unix". I have Windows XP at home, and I want to practice Unix, I want to re-learn all Unix commands, Shell script programming and the Vi Editor. I'm looking... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoughts
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Advanced info on CPU Emulators

I have searched and searched this topic but without looking at source code ; my next step maybe , I find the same ambiguous information. My main question is how is the target code translated? It is stated that there are variables created that hold the data that the emulated CPU would hold in... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
RHNREG_KS(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHNREG_KS(8)

NAME
rhnreg_ks - A program for non interactively registering systems to Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhnreg_ks [options] DESCRIPTION
rhnreg_ks is a utility for registering a system with the "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". It is designed to be used in a non-interactive environment (a kickstart style install, for example). All the information can be specified on the command line or stdin. OPTIONS
--profilename Specify the profile name that should be used as an identifier for the system in Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Net- work Classic --username The username to register the system with under Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This can be an exist- ing Spacewalk, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic username, or a new username. --password The password associated with the username specified with the --username option. This is an unencrypted password. --activationkey Specify/use a serial number to associate with the system. This is optional, but activation keys can really simplify the registration process. Learn more about activation keys in the online RHN documentation. --contactinfo This option has been deprecated. Please login to the server web user interface and update your contactinfo. --nohardware Do not probe or upload any hardware information. --nopackages Do not profile or upload any package information. --novirtinfo Do not profile or upload any virtualization information. --norhnsd Do not start rhnsd after completion. --force Register the system even if it has already been registered. --version Show the version of rhnreg_ks. --proxy Specify a HTTP proxy to use. --proxyUser Specify a username to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --proxyPassword Specify a password to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --sslCACert Specify a path to a SSL CA certificate to use. --serverUrl Specify a URL to as the server. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. EXAMPLES
Register a new system to Spacewalk / Red Hat Satellite / Red Hat Network Classic: rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser" --password "foobar" SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by Adrian Likins <alikins@redhat.com> and James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHNREG_KS(8)