Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming equal command for gotoxy() in uinx Post 45612 by acqy on Thursday 25th of December 2003 07:39:57 PM
Old 12-25-2003
Lightbulb

Hello, I've seen your question, you can use ncurses library to solve your problem. Maybe "mvprintw" function will help you, but do note that when you compile your project, please add "-lcurses" option to your compiler, that is :
g++ -lcurses my.cpp

By the way, you can also use newt library.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to list Files less than or equal to 2k size

Hi, *.xml files stored on date wise folders. I need to extract *.xml files from all the folders. File size is lessthan or equal to 2K. Please let me know command or some shell program to due this job on linux m/c This is urgent, Thanks in advance - Bache Gowda (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gotoxy(x,y) in UNIX

Hi there, Is there any equivalent command in UNIX for gotoxy() function of C? I'm having difficulty placing the input of user from a specified line. Say I have below output: I would want user to input their answer immediately after the question but still the choices of answer is displayed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orbix
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting array equal to command response

normally when i type: condor_q | tail -1 command line returns: 0 jobs; 0 idle, 0 running, 0 held I want use the number in front of 'running' in a series of equality tests to submit more jobs when my queue gets low. Someone showed me how to do it a few days ago by setting an array equal to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pattywac
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex NOT EQUAL help

I have the following line to text: ExecuteQueue Name=default ThreadCount=60 I want to write a sed or awk function that eliminates everything before "ThreadCount" without taking into account what is actually in front of ThreadCount. Meaning there may be text in front of "ThreadCount" other... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArterialTool
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

while [ $x -ge 50 ] + and equal to zero ; then

while + and equal to zero ; then what to punt instead of phrase and equal to zero. it's bash thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: losh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not equal to in Unix

Guys, I am trying to do below operation LAST_TRANSACTION=2 if ]; then # do something fi If the LAST_TRANSACTION variable is not equal to 1 or 2 or 3 then code inside the if block should be execute. This code is not working, Any help is appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding difference in two comma separated files in UINX

Dear All, I have requirement like this: I have 2 camma seperated files file1: 1,aaa,bbb,ccc, 2,bbb,ccc,ddd, 3,ccc,ddd,eee, file2: 1,aaa,bbb,ccc, 2,bbb,ddd,ddd, 3,ccc,ddd,eee, my requirement is I should get message in the out put like: There is a difference in 3 rd filed in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mymoto
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If not equal to then loop

How do I go about amending this simple script that prompts for a yes/no response so that if neither Y or N are entered it will loop back back to the original prompt #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter yes of no" read answer if then echo "You selected yes" elif then echo "You selected no" elif... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmears
5 Replies

9. Linux

Linux command to find and replace occurance of more than two equal sign with "==" from XML file.

Please help me, wasted hrs:wall:, to find this soulution:- I need a command that will work on file (xml) and replace multiple occurrence (more than 2 times) Examples 1. '===' 2. '====' 3. '=======' should be replaced by just '==' Note :- single character should be replaced. (=... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedRocks!!
13 Replies
shmctl(2)							System Calls Manual							 shmctl(2)

Name
       shmctl - shared memory control operations

Syntax
       #include <sys/types.h>
       #include <sys/ipc.h>
       #include <sys/shm.h>

int shmctl (shmid, cmd, buf)
       int shmid, cmd;
       struct shmid_ds *buf;

Description
       The system call provides a variety of shared memory control operations, as specified by cmd.  The following cmds are available:

IPC_STAT       Place  the  current  value  of each member of the data structure associated with shmid into the structure pointed to by buf.
		      The contents of this structure are defined in

IPC_SET	      Set the value of the following members of the data structure associated with shmid to the corresponding value found  in  the
		      structure pointed to by buf:
		      shm_perm.uid
		      shm_perm.gid
		      shm_perm.mode    /* only low 9 bits */

This  cmd  can  only be executed by a process that has an effective user ID equal to either that of the superuser or to the
		       value of in the data structure associated with shmid.

IPC_RMID       Remove the shared memory identifier specified by shmid from the system and destroy the shared memory segment and data struc-
		      ture  associated	with  it. This cmd can only be executed by a process that has an effective user ID equal to either that of
		      the superuser or to the value of in the data structure associated with shmid.

SHM_LOCK       Lock the shared memory segment specified by shmid in memory.  Lock prevents the shared memory segment from being swapped	or
		      paged.  This cmd can only be executed by a process that has an effective user ID equal to the superuser.

SHM_UNLOCK     Unlock  the shared memory segment specified by shmid.  This cmd can only be executed by a process that has an effective user
		      ID equal to the superuser.

Return Values
       Upon successful completion, a value of zero (0) is returned.  Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned, and	errno  is  set	to  indicated  the
       error.

Diagnostics
       The system call fails if any of the following is true:

[EINVAL]       The shmid is not a valid shared memory identifier.

[EINVAL]       The cmd is not a valid command.

[EACCES]       The cmd is equal to IPC_STAT, and read permission is denied to the calling process.  For further information, see

[EPERM]	      The  cmd is equal to IPC_RMID or IPC_SET, and the effective user ID of the calling process is not equal to that of the supe-
		      ruser or to the value of in the data structure associated with shmid.

[EPERM]	      The cmd is equal to SHM_LOCK or SHM_UNLOCK and the effective user ID of the calling process is not  equal  to  that  of  the
		      superuser.

[EINVAL]       The cmd is equal to SHM_LOCK, and the shared memory segment is currently locked by this process.

[EINVAL]       The  cmd	is equal to SHM_UNLOCK, and the shared memory segment specified by shmid is not currently locked in memory by this
		      process.

[EFAULT]       The buf points to an illegal address.

See Also
       shmget(2), shmop(2)

shmctl(2)