Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: viewing tables
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers viewing tables Post 45257 by itldp on Wednesday 17th of December 2003 08:19:55 AM
Old 12-17-2003
I was looking to view table in one of my databases. I just found it. It's dbdef, simple enough but my mind went blank this morning!

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pdf viewing

How do I view pdf files on a Solaris 9 environment? Links and such would be grateful. "AAAAHHH!! They're everywhere!!!" - Halo Grunt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

viewing crontab as different user

hi all, how to view crontab entries of user2 logging as user1 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing files

I have a file (called CORE) that is a dump created by a crashing process. This file, I believe, is in "binary" form, so when I try to use cat, more, or vi on it, it has a bunch of garbage. Is there anything I can use to "read" or view this file just like I might a non-binary file? I am running... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting tables of row data into columns of tables

I am trying to transpose tables listed in the format into format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Input: test_data_1 1 2 90% 4 3 91% 5 4 90% 6 5 90% 9 6 90% test_data_2 3 5 92% 5 4 92% 7 3 93% 9 2 92% 1 1 92% ... Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justthisguy
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing Ebcidic files

I am having trouble viewing these files from my unix session. vi comes back with line too long. Also an m_dump with the relevant dml comes back with problems. How can I view this as a text file? Also is there an easy way to view specific records within. Eg I have a policy id (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trek88
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

viewing lines

Hey, I know the head and tail function is to view like the top or bottom lines for each file. But lets say I want to view the top/bottom 100 or top/bottom 1000 for a file. whats the command that I use to do this? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing a large file

Sometime I have to deal with very large log files and I cannot view them for analysis using more or vi. The attempts to open the files error out saying there is not enough memory. Is there any tool or method with which I can go through huge files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcchume
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with viewing the Log files

I have a file name as logfiles_tar.tgz. How can I view the contents of the log files present in logfiles_tar.tgz ? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
3 Replies

9. Tips and Tutorials

Viewing changes in directory

Hi, I have a directory, and there is a job running and constantly writes and removes files from and to this directory. I would like to see somehow these changes without pressing `ls` every second. Kind of `tail -f` command, but for a directory list and not for file content. I thought maybe kind... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilya_dv
5 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Help in viewing the junk character

Hello All, I have issues in unix file when I loaded that to database and do select * from table where description like '%'+char(13)+'%' on it I am able to get records. I tried to view the file in unix it is all having blank character which I think is all non ascii which I am not able view.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
11 Replies
Font::TTF::Kern(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Font::TTF::Kern(3)

NAME
Font::TTF::Kern - Kerning tables DESCRIPTION
Kerning tables are held as an ordered collection of subtables each giving incremental information regarding the kerning of various pairs of glyphs. The basic structure of the kerning data structure is: $kern = $f->{'kern'}{'tables'}[$tnum]{'kerns'}{$leftnum}{$rightnum}; Due to the possible complexity of some kerning tables the above information is insufficient. Reference also needs to be made to the type of the table and the coverage field. INSTANCE VARIABLES
The instance variables for a kerning table are relatively straightforward. Version Version number of the kerning table Num Number of subtables in the kerning table tables Array of subtables in the kerning table Each subtable has a number of instance variables. kern A two level hash array containing kerning values. The indexing is left value and then right value. In the case of type 2 tables, the indexing is via left class and right class. It may seem using hashes is strange, but most tables are not type 2 and this method saves empty array values. type Stores the table type. Only type 0 and type 2 tables are specified for TrueType so far. coverage A bit field of coverage information regarding the kerning value. See the TrueType specification for details. Version Contains the version number of the table. Num Number of kerning pairs in this type 0 table. left An array indexed by glyph - left_first which returns a class number for the glyph in type 2 tables. right An array indexed by glyph - right_first which returns a class number for the glyph in type 2 tables. left_first the glyph number of the first element in the left array for type 2 tables. right_first the glyph number of the first element in the right array for type 2 tables. num_left Number of left classes num_right Number of right classes METHODS
$t->read Reads the whole kerning table into structures $t->out($fh) Outputs the kerning tables to the given file $t->XML_element($context, $depth, $key, $value) Handles outputting the kern hash into XML a little more tidily BUGS
o Only supports kerning table types 0 & 2. o No real support functions to do anything with the kerning tables yet. AUTHOR
Martin Hosken Martin_Hosken@sil.org. See Font::TTF::Font for copyright and licensing. POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 38: You can't have =items (as at line 42) unless the first thing after the =over is an =item perl v5.16.3 2012-02-23 Font::TTF::Kern(3)