Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Start/Stop Script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Start/Stop Script Post 45199 by jsilva on Tuesday 16th of December 2003 03:15:47 PM
Old 12-16-2003

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Start Stop Apache

I am in the process of reorging my Lawson db. I need to turn off the RMI server...not a problem. However my instructions also state that I must also shutdown my Servlet Container....I believe it is Apache. I have looked in /usr/apache/bin/apachectl What is the command for stopping and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MILLERJ62
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Servers Stop and Start

Hi, Every time i want to stop and start servers using PuTTY,i have to execute 6 to 10 commands every time ,i need shell script(program) for execute those commands in single command.Is it possible plz suggest me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RG18173
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help making a start/stop script...

i have two separate scripts that work nicely to curl and generate two files.. one html and one txt so a total of four. When the script starts up i want it to: call and run shellscripta call and run shellscriptb sleep for about 40 seconds again run shellscripta again run shellscriptb check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stop/Start vs. Restart

Is there any functional difference between: issuing separate stop/start commands like this; super (handler) (instance) stop super (handler) (instance) start versus issuing a single recycle command like this; super (handler) (instance) restart (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newbix
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with stop/start Shell Script.

Hi All, I would like to develop a shell script for stop & start an application server (1-4) on Solaris box. Here are the user requirements for this task. 1. User will input the option which server they wish to stop. 2. Will clear cache files from specific location. 3. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venga
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

factor [start[stop]

Another question for you guys! This is so fun. So I am playing around with the factor operation. I read in "man factor" that you can actually print a list of primes in between a range, using the syntax factor ] However, every time I enter two values, it just returns the factored value.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: statichazard
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Stop/start script problem on Solaris-10

I have Big brother script, which start/stop Big Brother processes. Something got change on server and now I am not able to start/stop it. There is no change in script, as I compared it from other server. This service is being managed by bb user (group is also bb). root@tsazdq04:/#... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Websphere MQ Queue Manager start/stop

Hello All, I am completely new to shell scripting. I had to write a script that starts and stop the queue manager in Websphere MQ. We are on Linux 64-bit patform. The script should stop the queue manager and all the processes related to websphere MQ. It should be a clean stop. Once the queue... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pady1224
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to stop and start server

Hi, I need to create a shell script for automated server patching, with the following scenario: I have two Linux servers Primary and secondary. Server patching should start on Primary 1st and then secondary. 1st check both servers are up and running. Then stop primary and patching will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcroyal88
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)