Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming equal command for gotoxy() in uinx Post 43822 by g_s_r_c on Sunday 23rd of November 2003 12:32:47 AM
Old 11-23-2003
hai

i got on command which is equalent to gotoxy() is "tput cup" which is used command promt for that it can used in programs also as system("tput cup 10 20");i think there is some disadvantages in that so if any budy know about it's equalent can replay me.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to list Files less than or equal to 2k size

Hi, *.xml files stored on date wise folders. I need to extract *.xml files from all the folders. File size is lessthan or equal to 2K. Please let me know command or some shell program to due this job on linux m/c This is urgent, Thanks in advance - Bache Gowda (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gotoxy(x,y) in UNIX

Hi there, Is there any equivalent command in UNIX for gotoxy() function of C? I'm having difficulty placing the input of user from a specified line. Say I have below output: I would want user to input their answer immediately after the question but still the choices of answer is displayed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orbix
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting array equal to command response

normally when i type: condor_q | tail -1 command line returns: 0 jobs; 0 idle, 0 running, 0 held I want use the number in front of 'running' in a series of equality tests to submit more jobs when my queue gets low. Someone showed me how to do it a few days ago by setting an array equal to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pattywac
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex NOT EQUAL help

I have the following line to text: ExecuteQueue Name=default ThreadCount=60 I want to write a sed or awk function that eliminates everything before "ThreadCount" without taking into account what is actually in front of ThreadCount. Meaning there may be text in front of "ThreadCount" other... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArterialTool
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

while [ $x -ge 50 ] + and equal to zero ; then

while + and equal to zero ; then what to punt instead of phrase and equal to zero. it's bash thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: losh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not equal to in Unix

Guys, I am trying to do below operation LAST_TRANSACTION=2 if ]; then # do something fi If the LAST_TRANSACTION variable is not equal to 1 or 2 or 3 then code inside the if block should be execute. This code is not working, Any help is appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding difference in two comma separated files in UINX

Dear All, I have requirement like this: I have 2 camma seperated files file1: 1,aaa,bbb,ccc, 2,bbb,ccc,ddd, 3,ccc,ddd,eee, file2: 1,aaa,bbb,ccc, 2,bbb,ddd,ddd, 3,ccc,ddd,eee, my requirement is I should get message in the out put like: There is a difference in 3 rd filed in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mymoto
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If not equal to then loop

How do I go about amending this simple script that prompts for a yes/no response so that if neither Y or N are entered it will loop back back to the original prompt #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter yes of no" read answer if then echo "You selected yes" elif then echo "You selected no" elif... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmears
5 Replies

9. Linux

Linux command to find and replace occurance of more than two equal sign with "==" from XML file.

Please help me, wasted hrs:wall:, to find this soulution:- I need a command that will work on file (xml) and replace multiple occurrence (more than 2 times) Examples 1. '===' 2. '====' 3. '=======' should be replaced by just '==' Note :- single character should be replaced. (=... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedRocks!!
13 Replies
tput(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   tput(1)

NAME
tput, reset - initialize a terminal or query terminfo database SYNOPSIS
tput [-Ttype] capname [parms ... ] tput [-Ttype] init tput [-Ttype] reset tput [-Ttype] longname tput -S << tput -V DESCRIPTION
The tput utility uses the terminfo database to make the values of terminal-dependent capabilities and information available to the shell (see sh(1)), to initialize or reset the terminal, or return the long name of the requested terminal type. tput outputs a string if the attribute (capability name) is of type string, or an integer if the attribute is of type integer. If the attribute is of type boolean, tput simply sets the exit code (0 for TRUE if the terminal has the capability, 1 for FALSE if it does not), and produces no output. Before using a value returned on standard output, the user should test the exit code [$?, see sh(1)] to be sure it is 0. (See the EXIT CODES and DIAGNOSTICS sections.) For a complete list of capabilities and the capname associated with each, see terminfo(1). -Ttype indicates the type of terminal. Normally this option is unnecessary, because the default is taken from the environment variable TERM. If -T is specified, then the shell variables LINES and COLUMNS will be ignored,and the operating system will not be queried for the actual screen size. capname indicates the attribute from the terminfo database. When termcap support is compiled in, the termcap name for the attribute is also accepted. parms If the attribute is a string that takes parameters, the arguments parms will be instantiated into the string. An all-numeric argu- ment will be passed to the attribute as a number. Only a few terminfo capabilities require string parameters; tput uses a table to decide which to pass as strings. Normally tput uses tparm(3X) to perform the substitution. If no parameters are given for the attribute, tput writes the string without perform- ing the substitution. -S allows more than one capability per invocation of tput. The capabilities must be passed to tput from the standard input instead of from the command line (see example). Only one capname is allowed per line. The -S option changes the meaning of the 0 and 1 bool- ean and string exit codes (see the EXIT CODES section). Again, tput uses a table and the presence of parameters in its input to decide whether to use tparm(3X), and how to interpret the parameters. -V reports the version of ncurses which was used in this program, and exits. init If the terminfo database is present and an entry for the user's terminal exists (see -Ttype, above), the following will occur:(1) if present, the terminal's initialization strings will be output (is1, is2, is3, if, iprog), (2) any delays (e.g., newline) speci- fied in the entry will be set in the tty driver, (3) tabs expansion will be turned on or off according to the specification in the entry, and(4) if tabs are not expanded, standard tabs will be set (every 8 spaces). If an entry does not contain the information needed for any of the four above activities, that activity will silently be skipped. reset Instead of putting out initialization strings, the terminal's reset strings will be output if present (rs1, rs2, rs3, rf). If the reset strings are not present, but initialization strings are, the initialization strings will be output. Otherwise, reset acts identically to init. longname If the terminfo database is present and an entry for the user's terminal exists (see -Ttype above), then the long name of the termi- nal will be put out. The long name is the last name in the first line of the terminal's description in the terminfo database [see term(5)]. If tput is invoked by a link named reset, this has the same effect as tput reset. See tset for comparison, which has similar behavior. EXAMPLES
tput init Initialize the terminal according to the type of terminal in the environmental variable TERM. This command should be included in everyone's .profile after the environmental variable TERM has been exported, as illustrated on the profile(5) manual page. tput -T5620 reset Reset an AT&T 5620 terminal, overriding the type of terminal in the environmental variable TERM. tput cup 0 0 Send the sequence to move the cursor to row 0, column 0 (the upper left corner of the screen, usually known as the "home" cursor posi- tion). tput clear Echo the clear-screen sequence for the current terminal. tput cols Print the number of columns for the current terminal. tput -T450 cols Print the number of columns for the 450 terminal. bold=`tput smso` offbold=`tput rmso` Set the shell variables bold, to begin stand-out mode sequence, and offbold, to end standout mode sequence, for the current terminal. This might be followed by a prompt: echo "${bold}Please type in your name: ${offbold}c" tput hc Set exit code to indicate if the current terminal is a hard copy terminal. tput cup 23 4 Send the sequence to move the cursor to row 23, column 4. tput cup Send the terminfo string for cursor-movement, with no parameters substituted. tput longname Print the long name from the terminfo database for the type of terminal specified in the environmental variable TERM. tput -S <<! > clear > cup 10 10 > bold > ! This example shows tput processing several capabilities in one invocation. It clears the screen, moves the cursor to position 10, 10 and turns on bold (extra bright) mode. The list is terminated by an exclamation mark (!) on a line by itself. FILES
/usr/share/terminfo compiled terminal description database /usr/include/curses.h curses(3X) header file /usr/include/term.h terminfo header file /usr/share/tabset/* tab settings for some terminals, in a format appropriate to be output to the terminal (escape sequences that set margins and tabs); for more information, see the "Tabs and Initialization" section of terminfo(5) EXIT CODES
If the -S option is used, tput checks for errors from each line, and if any errors are found, will set the exit code to 4 plus the number of lines with errors. If no errors are found, the exit code is 0. No indication of which line failed can be given so exit code 1 will never appear. Exit codes 2, 3, and 4 retain their usual interpretation. If the -S option is not used, the exit code depends on the type of capname: boolean a value of 0 is set for TRUE and 1 for FALSE. string a value of 0 is set if the capname is defined for this terminal type (the value of capname is returned on standard output); a value of 1 is set if capname is not defined for this terminal type (nothing is written to standard output). integer a value of 0 is always set, whether or not capname is defined for this terminal type. To determine if capname is defined for this terminal type, the user must test the value written to standard output. A value of -1 means that capname is not defined for this terminal type. other reset or init may fail to find their respective files. In that case, the exit code is set to 4 + errno. Any other exit code indicates an error; see the DIAGNOSTICS section. DIAGNOSTICS
tput prints the following error messages and sets the corresponding exit codes. exit code error message --------------------------------------------------------------------- 0 (capname is a numeric variable that is not specified in the terminfo(1) database for this terminal type, e.g. tput -T450 lines and tput -T2621 xmc) 1 no error message is printed, see the EXIT CODES section. 2 usage error 3 unknown terminal type or no terminfo database 4 unknown terminfo capability capname >4 error occurred in -S --------------------------------------------------------------------- PORTABILITY
The longname and -S options, and the parameter-substitution features used in the cup example, are not supported in BSD curses or in AT&T/USL curses before SVr4. SEE ALSO
clear(1), stty(1), tabs(1), terminfo(5). tput(1)