Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: disk command
Operating Systems Solaris disk command Post 43549 by kduffin on Wednesday 19th of November 2003 12:09:34 AM
Old 11-19-2003
Are you wanting used as well as unused disks so that a simple df -k won't suffice?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to know disk controllers in a machine

Hi!! I am these days working on a project, where I need to know about the disk controllers available in a machine (e.g., 3ware,IBM,etc). Please, let me know the command by which I can get the information. thnx, priyanka (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reply2priyanka
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disk usage command on unix?

hi, Can anyone tell me how I make a tree on the console showing the largest folders on my UNIX system? I want to know where are located the biggest files so I can free some disk space. thanks a lot. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandoura
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to find how many disk arrays and versions

Hello, Can you tell me a command to tell how many disk arrays are installed in the system, their RAID types and versions. I am working on Solaris 9. Thanks very much in advance. Mohammed (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohammed
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Command to List Hard Disk Information

I have a SparcStation5 that is making sounds that make me think the disk drive(s) may be on the verge of quiting. What is the command to list the disk types and sizes? I'm thinking I can possibly pick up another drive or two and compy the exisiting drives while they are still working. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muletrainman
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify two disk pvid with command awk

I do a #lspv |grep rootvg and i got : hdisk0 0006a81f3efcbe58 rootvg hdisk1 0006a81fd9ff4014 rootvg I want to verify for each server if the pvid is the same with use of the command lspv Can you help to wrote a shell with the command awk for exemple . Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khalidou13
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix - Disk usage command

Hi, I need a command that gives me the user who is using more space in the unix box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abinaya
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to use dd command to erase the data in disk

how to use dd command to erase the data in disk, such as hdisk2? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
9 Replies

8. AIX

Command to get Disk Adapter details in AIX

Hi, What is the command to get the disk adapter performance details in AIX?. Guide me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maruthu
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Command for cumulative disk space

I wanted to know the Red Hat Linux command for cumulative disk space usage and the free space as df -h gives used and free space individually for the drives. Or, a command to check free space on the server would also be fine. I hope, my question is clear. Please revert with the reply to my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep mpath disk name from lsblk command

When I use lsblk | tail -1 | awk -F " " '{print $1}' command and if a disk is a multipath I get output as └─mpathe But i need only mpathe to be grepped as output.. Please help.. But It works well if the disk is not mpath (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)