Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: timestamp
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers timestamp Post 41597 by rocker40 on Thursday 9th of October 2003 09:09:09 AM
Old 10-09-2003
timestamp

Thanks guys that is the format . I got what I needed then my last error was 2 days ago and I have since fixed that problem with [diag] here is a copy anyway of the Timestamp incase sombody needs a example down the line
INDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP
2F3E09A4 1007153003

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

timestamp

Hi! I would to change the timestamp of a file to 12 FEB 2007 00:00 on sun solaris 10. I used: touch filename -t 200702120000 but doesn' t work! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting timestamp?

How can i get current timestamp in bourne shell? I am waiting for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercury
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

conversion of different timestamp to standard timestamp

hi i need a scrit to convert one date format to another. for example i have three columns in a file which gets a different format, but lastly i want output with stadard timestamp as "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss" column1 column2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dprakash
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting a relative timestamp from timestamp stored in a file

Hi, I've a file in the following format 1999-APR-8 17:31:06 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:15 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:25 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:30 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:55 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:32:06 1500 3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare a file by its timestamp and store in a different location whenever timestamp changes?

Hi All, I am new to unix programming. I am trying for a requirement and the requirement goes like this..... I have a test folder. Which tracks log files. After certain time, the log file is getting overwritten by another file (randomly as the time interval is not periodic). I need to preserve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsara
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a date field has date or timestamp or date&timestamp

Hi, In a field, I should receive the date with time stamp in a particular field. But sometimes the vendor sends just the date or the timestamp or correctl the date&timestamp. I have to figure out the the data is a date or time stamp or date&timestamp. If it is date then append "<space>00:00:00"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying files with a timestamp greater than a given timestamp

I need to be able to identify files with file timestamps greater than a given timestamp. I am using the following solution, although it appears to compare files at the "seconds" granularity and I need it at the milliseconds. When I tested my solution, it missed files that had timestamps... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX : Need to convert UNIX Timestamp to normal timestamp

Hello , I am working on AIX. I have to convert Unix timestamp to normal timestamp. Below is the file. The Unix timestamp will always be preceded by EFFECTIVE_TIME as first field as shown and there could be multiple EFFECTIVE_TIME in the file : 3.txt Contents of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp

So basically I have a log file and each line in this log file starts with a timestamp: MON DD HH:MM:SS SEP 15 07:30:01 I need to grep all the lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp. Then these lines will be moved to a tmp file from which I will grep for particular strings. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nms
1 Replies
TIME_SLEEP_UNTIL(3)							 1						       TIME_SLEEP_UNTIL(3)

time_sleep_until - Make the script sleep until the specified time

SYNOPSIS
bool time_sleep_until (float $timestamp) DESCRIPTION
Makes the script sleep until the specified $timestamp. PARAMETERS
o $timestamp - The timestamp when the script should wake. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function is now available on Windows plat- | | | forms. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS If the specified $timestamp is in the past, this function will generate a E_WARNING. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A time_sleep_until(3) example <?php //returns false and generates a warning var_dump(time_sleep_until(time()-1)); // may only work on faster computers, will sleep up to 0.2 seconds var_dump(time_sleep_until(microtime(true)+0.2)); ?> NOTES
Note All signals will be delivered after the script wakes up. SEE ALSO
sleep(3), usleep(3), time_nanosleep(3), set_time_limit(3). PHP Documentation Group TIME_SLEEP_UNTIL(3)