Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: timestamp
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers timestamp Post 41592 by cubicle^dweller on Thursday 9th of October 2003 12:47:10 AM
Old 10-09-2003
Your right , "errpt" timestamp is in mmddhhmmyy format

got this output from my aix box.

9DBCFDEE 1009002803 T O errdemon Error logging turned on
192AC071 1009002503 T O errdemon Error logging turned off

you may wana try this one rocker

display's a detailed report of all errors logged in the last
24 hours, enter:

errpt -a -s mmddhhmmyy

\/eace

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

timestamp

Hi! I would to change the timestamp of a file to 12 FEB 2007 00:00 on sun solaris 10. I used: touch filename -t 200702120000 but doesn' t work! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting timestamp?

How can i get current timestamp in bourne shell? I am waiting for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercury
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

conversion of different timestamp to standard timestamp

hi i need a scrit to convert one date format to another. for example i have three columns in a file which gets a different format, but lastly i want output with stadard timestamp as "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss" column1 column2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dprakash
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting a relative timestamp from timestamp stored in a file

Hi, I've a file in the following format 1999-APR-8 17:31:06 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:15 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:25 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:30 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:55 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:32:06 1500 3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare a file by its timestamp and store in a different location whenever timestamp changes?

Hi All, I am new to unix programming. I am trying for a requirement and the requirement goes like this..... I have a test folder. Which tracks log files. After certain time, the log file is getting overwritten by another file (randomly as the time interval is not periodic). I need to preserve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsara
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a date field has date or timestamp or date&timestamp

Hi, In a field, I should receive the date with time stamp in a particular field. But sometimes the vendor sends just the date or the timestamp or correctl the date&timestamp. I have to figure out the the data is a date or time stamp or date&timestamp. If it is date then append "<space>00:00:00"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying files with a timestamp greater than a given timestamp

I need to be able to identify files with file timestamps greater than a given timestamp. I am using the following solution, although it appears to compare files at the "seconds" granularity and I need it at the milliseconds. When I tested my solution, it missed files that had timestamps... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX : Need to convert UNIX Timestamp to normal timestamp

Hello , I am working on AIX. I have to convert Unix timestamp to normal timestamp. Below is the file. The Unix timestamp will always be preceded by EFFECTIVE_TIME as first field as shown and there could be multiple EFFECTIVE_TIME in the file : 3.txt Contents of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp

So basically I have a log file and each line in this log file starts with a timestamp: MON DD HH:MM:SS SEP 15 07:30:01 I need to grep all the lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp. Then these lines will be moved to a tmp file from which I will grep for particular strings. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nms
1 Replies
ncalogd.conf(4) 						   File Formats 						   ncalogd.conf(4)

NAME
ncalogd.conf - NCA logging configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/nca/ncalogd.conf DESCRIPTION
The ncalogd.conf is used to configure Solaris Network Cache and Accelerator ("NCA") logging. The file contains two fields, key and value. The status key is used to indicate if the user wants to have NCA logging turned on. If the value of status key is enabled, then NCA logging will be turned on. If the value of the status key is disabled, then NCA logging will not be invoked. The default value is disabled. The logd_path_name key specifies the absolute pathname of the log file. The log file must be a raw device without a filesystem or a file on a local file system. The default value is /var/nca/log. logd_path_name can also contain a whitespace-delimited list of values for multiple log files to a maximum of 16. If you specify multiple log files, you must enclose the list in quotation marks ("). With multiple files, NCA logging moves to the next file on the list once the file size specified by logd_file_size has been reached. When the last file is full, NCA logging rotates back to the first file in the list. A pointer to the current log file is stored in /var/nca/current. The logd_file_size key specifies the value of the file size, in bytes, allowed for each log file specified in by the logd_path_name key. The default value is 1000000 bytes. In order to implement changes to the ncalogd.conf file, you will need to stop and start NCA logging or reboot. NCA stores logs in a binary format. Use the ncab2clf(1) utility to convert the log from a binary format to the Common Log File format. EXAMPLES
Example 1 A Sample ncalogd.conf File The following is a sample ncalogd.conf file that specifies three log files: # # NCA Log Daemon Configuration File # status=enabled logd_path_name="/var/nca/log1 /var/nca/log2 /var/nca/log3" logd_file_size=1000000 Note that there is no NCA logging daemon. Logging is performed as one of the functions of the NCA software. FILES
/etc/nca/ncalogd.conf Lists configuration parameters for NCAlogging. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWncar | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nca(1), ncab2clf(1), ncakmod(1), dd(1M), door_create(3C), nca.if(4), ncakmod.conf(4), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: IP Services SunOS 5.11 22 Jan 2002 ncalogd.conf(4)