Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming equal command for gotoxy() in uinx Post 41355 by kowrip on Friday 3rd of October 2003 03:28:58 PM
Old 10-03-2003
I'm not familiar with the conio.h header file. However, I did a quick search on it. It seems to define a lot of screen-based functions. You may want to look into the curses library on UNIX systems (libcurses.a or libncurses.a). They provide similar functionality. Go to a search engine like "google.com" and do a search on "Curses Library Functions" or something similar to that.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to list Files less than or equal to 2k size

Hi, *.xml files stored on date wise folders. I need to extract *.xml files from all the folders. File size is lessthan or equal to 2K. Please let me know command or some shell program to due this job on linux m/c This is urgent, Thanks in advance - Bache Gowda (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gotoxy(x,y) in UNIX

Hi there, Is there any equivalent command in UNIX for gotoxy() function of C? I'm having difficulty placing the input of user from a specified line. Say I have below output: I would want user to input their answer immediately after the question but still the choices of answer is displayed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orbix
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting array equal to command response

normally when i type: condor_q | tail -1 command line returns: 0 jobs; 0 idle, 0 running, 0 held I want use the number in front of 'running' in a series of equality tests to submit more jobs when my queue gets low. Someone showed me how to do it a few days ago by setting an array equal to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pattywac
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex NOT EQUAL help

I have the following line to text: ExecuteQueue Name=default ThreadCount=60 I want to write a sed or awk function that eliminates everything before "ThreadCount" without taking into account what is actually in front of ThreadCount. Meaning there may be text in front of "ThreadCount" other... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArterialTool
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

while [ $x -ge 50 ] + and equal to zero ; then

while + and equal to zero ; then what to punt instead of phrase and equal to zero. it's bash thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: losh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not equal to in Unix

Guys, I am trying to do below operation LAST_TRANSACTION=2 if ]; then # do something fi If the LAST_TRANSACTION variable is not equal to 1 or 2 or 3 then code inside the if block should be execute. This code is not working, Any help is appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding difference in two comma separated files in UINX

Dear All, I have requirement like this: I have 2 camma seperated files file1: 1,aaa,bbb,ccc, 2,bbb,ccc,ddd, 3,ccc,ddd,eee, file2: 1,aaa,bbb,ccc, 2,bbb,ddd,ddd, 3,ccc,ddd,eee, my requirement is I should get message in the out put like: There is a difference in 3 rd filed in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mymoto
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If not equal to then loop

How do I go about amending this simple script that prompts for a yes/no response so that if neither Y or N are entered it will loop back back to the original prompt #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter yes of no" read answer if then echo "You selected yes" elif then echo "You selected no" elif... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmears
5 Replies

9. Linux

Linux command to find and replace occurance of more than two equal sign with "==" from XML file.

Please help me, wasted hrs:wall:, to find this soulution:- I need a command that will work on file (xml) and replace multiple occurrence (more than 2 times) Examples 1. '===' 2. '====' 3. '=======' should be replaced by just '==' Note :- single character should be replaced. (=... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedRocks!!
13 Replies
curs_scr_dump(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  curs_scr_dump(3)

NAME
curs_scr_dump, scr_dump, scr_init, scr_restore, scr_set - Read or write a Curses screen from or to a file SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int scr_dump( const char *filename ); int scr_init( const char *filename ); int scr_restore( const char *filename ); int scr_set( const char *filename ); LIBRARY
Curses Library (libcurses) STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: scr_dump, scr_init, scr_restore, scr_set: XCURSES4.2 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The scr_dump routine writes the current contents of the virtual screen to filename. The scr_restore routine sets the virtual screen to the contents of filename, which must have been written using scr_dump. The next call to doupdate restores the screen to the way it looked in the dump file. The scr_init routine reads the content of filename and uses it to initialize the Curses data structures that describe what the terminal currently has on its screen. If Curses determines that the data is valid, it bases its next update of the screen on this data rather than clearing the screen and starting from scratch. Applications call scr_init after an initscr or a system call (see system(3)) to share the screen with another process that executed scr_dump after endwin. Curses declares the data invalid if the time stamp of the tty is old or the terminfo capabilities rmcup and nrrmc exist. The scr_set routine is a combination of scr_restore and scr_init. This routine tells the program that the information in filename is what is currently on the screen and is what the program wants on the screen. The scr_set routine can be thought of as a screen-inheritance function. To read or write a window from or to a file, use the getwin and putwin routines (see curs_util(3)). NOTES
The header file <curses.h> automatically includes the header file <stdio.h>. RETURN VALUES
All routines return the integer ERR upon failure and OK upon success. SEE ALSO
Functions: curses(3), curs_initscr(3), curs_refresh(3), curs_util(3), system(3) Others: standards(5) curs_scr_dump(3)