Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Core File Not Being Generated in AIX Post 40551 by S.P.Prasad on Thursday 18th of September 2003 01:54:49 AM
Old 09-18-2003
As per Perderabo advice, I tried various options by using the 'smit' tool in AIX for "a proces to allow to creat a core file .." but was incapable to do so. I am unable to proceed further cause of this.

I would appreciate if someone could provide me accurate information or solution for the existing issue.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX - Core dump when using mkuser

Hi all, I've got a strange problem here that is not documented in AIX FAQs and tech docs, and I was wondering if somebody out there encountered the same issue or had an idea to help me out. I'm using a script to create users with the "mkuser" command. I can set up any options I want (like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dfrangidis
1 Replies

2. AIX

Why a core file is created whenever I send a mail in AIX

Whenever i send a mail like: mail <mail id>, a core file is created under /var/spool/mqueue/ path. This is increasing the space of the file system. Why is that core file get created. Does it happens normally. I am getting an errpt error as: LABEL: CORE_DUMP IDENTIFIER: B6048838 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreereddy
0 Replies

3. AIX

How to do core dump analysis in AIX?

Please tell me some methods to analyse core dump in AIX.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mythili
2 Replies

4. Programming

AIX core dumps

My program is not dumping core when hitting a segmentation violation inside a thread. However, it dumps core when the segv occurs within main. Any ideas on how to diagnose this? AIX 5.3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bean66
4 Replies

5. AIX

no of core in cpu for aix

is there command which will display no of core per cpu in aix? Regads, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

6. Solaris

core files not getting generated

Hi, We have an application ASPA . The application related processes are running in /ASPA/bin directory . now whenever a process terminates abruptly , a core file should be generated (correct me if i am wrong) in the /ASPA/bin directory . But i am not able to see any such files . The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
4 Replies

7. Linux

Core file not getting generated!!

Some strange behavior. Process is receiving Segmentation Fault. But no core files getting generated. I have checked ulimit. coredumpsize = unlimited. In console, process is printing Segmentation Fault even through gdb also same behavior But No corefile. Any possible reason ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokd001
3 Replies

8. AIX

AIX core,cpu and application list

Hi All , I am trying to pull out below things from AIX machine (any type) 1. number of physical processor 2. number of logical processsors 3. Total number of processors (physical plus logical) 4. total number of cores 5. list of installed applications with versions and vendor name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
1 Replies

9. Programming

How to know which binary generated obtained core dump?

Hello, Suppose there are large number of binaries are executing on a system. Meanwhile, we find a dump, now how can we know from core dump that which binary file it is related to? Thanks ---------- Post updated at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:53 PM ---------- I have got... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezee
1 Replies

10. AIX

Adding CR to ascii data file generated on AIX platform and will be transmitted to Windows OS

I desperately need help converting ascii data file generated on AIX platform that contains dollar sign ($) at the end of each line in the data file as shown below. ME570^0128237^HG278999^20140805:21:00:00^BEENZ001^$ This is the AWK command for adding CR to the new line. awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
1 Replies
SD_PID_GET_SESSION(3)						sd_pid_get_session					     SD_PID_GET_SESSION(3)

NAME
sd_pid_get_session, sd_pid_get_unit, sd_pid_get_owner_uid - Determine session, service or owner of a session of a specific PID SYNOPSIS
#include <systemd/sd-login.h> int sd_pid_get_session(pid_t pid, char** session); int sd_pid_get_unit(pid_t pid, char** unit); int sd_pid_get_owner_uid(pid_t pid, uid_t* uid); DESCRIPTION
sd_pid_get_session() may be used to determine the login session identifier of a process identified by the specified process identifier. The session identifier is a short string, suitable for usage in file system paths. Note that not all processes are part of a login session (e.g. system service processes, user processes that are shared between multiple sessions of the same user, or kernel threads). For processes not being part of a login session this function will fail. The returned string needs to be freed with the libc free(3) call after use. sd_pid_get_unit() may be used to determine the systemd unit (i.e. system service) identifier of a process identified by the specified process identifier. The unit name is a short string, suitable for usage in file system paths. Note that not all processes are part of a unit/service (e.g. user processes, or kernel threads). For processes not being part of a systemd unit/system service this function will fail. The returned string needs to be freed with the libc free(3) call after use. sd_pid_get_owner_uid() may be used to determine the Unix user identifier of the owner of the session of a process identified the specified PID. Note that this function will succeed for user processes which are shared between multiple login sessions of the same user, where sd_pid_get_session() will fail. For processes not being part of a login session and not being a shared process of a user this function will fail. If the pid paramater of any of these functions is passed as 0 the operation is executed for the calling process. RETURN VALUE
On success these calls return 0 or a positive integer. On failure, these calls return a negative errno-style error code. NOTES
The sd_pid_get_session(), sd_pid_get_pid(), and sd_pid_get_owner_uid() interfaces are available as shared library, which can be compiled and linked to with the libsystemd-login pkg-config(1) file. Note that the login session identifier as returned by sd_pid_get_session() is completely unrelated to the process session identifier as returned by getsid(2). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), sd-login(7), sd_session_is_active(3), getsid(2) AUTHOR
Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.net> Developer systemd 10/07/2013 SD_PID_GET_SESSION(3)