Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Display result one page at a time Post 39962 by nelamvr6 on Saturday 6th of September 2003 12:02:04 AM
Old 09-06-2003
Try piping to more.

Example:

ls -l | more

will give the results of an ls -l comand one screen at a time.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

display result from user input

how can i only display the result according to user input? For example: i have a data file(in the attachement), when the user enter "1" it will only display whole records with pid from the data file matches to the users entered. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: thms_sum
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display the result of wc -l with words before and after the result

hello showrev -p | wc -l returns: 381 What to do in case I want to have this output: number of lines returned by showrev -p is: 381 thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh script to search for files and display result

Hello all. I'm a long time browser, first time poster...Be gentle :-) I don't use csh much, but have been asked to make a small script for our HP-UX systems to search for a report file(s) or summary file and display the result (I was using vuepad, but this probably is just complicating... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neillsm
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display command output page per page

Good afternoon, I wonder how i could use unix commands to ease the reading of long command result output ? like the "php -i" or any other command that returns a long answer. I could not find the right terms to Google it or search the forum. Therefore I bother you with this question. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mat_k
3 Replies

5. Web Development

Page load time- local page

Hi Is there a way to calculate the page load time, I am trying to calculate the load time of a page locally. I found tools to do this over http or https but none that work locally. Any ideas? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to display result in table

My script gives the following result. Is it possible to display the same in table format ? 1. rex_best Latest feeds are not avaialable. The last feed was generated on 2012-05-17 File Name = ekb_best_20120517_010949_665.tar.gz The Number of entry elements = 4209539 2. rex_genre Latest... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorekumar87
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse file and display result based on text

I am trying using awk to open an input file and check a column 2/field $2 and if there is a warning then that is displayed (variantchecker): G not found at position 459, found A instead. The attached Sample1.txt is that file. If in that column/field there is a black space, then the text after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute command and show result in web page

Hi everyone, I have two question 1- I want to execute command in shell and after execution result show in a web server. (kind of making UI ) e.g. in shell root ~: show list item1 item2 item(n)in web server in a page draw a table and show those items in itno | name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indeed_1
1 Replies
XInstallColormap(3X11)						     MIT X11R4						    XInstallColormap(3X11)

Name
       XInstallColormap, XUninstallColormap, XListInstalledColormaps - control colormaps

Syntax
       XInstallColormap(display, colormap)
	  Display *display;
	  Colormap colormap;

XUninstallColormap(display, colormap)
	  Display *display;
	  Colormap colormap;

Colormap *XListInstalledColormaps(display, w, num_return)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;
	  int *num_return;

Arguments
       colormap  Specifies the colormap.

display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

num_return
		 Returns the number of currently installed colormaps.

w	 Specifies the window that determines the screen.

Description
       The function installs the specified colormap for its associated screen.	All windows associated with this colormap immediately display with
       true colors.  You associated the windows with this colormap when you created them by calling or

If the specified colormap is not already an installed colormap, the X server generates a event on each window that has that colormap.  In
       addition, for every other colormap that is installed as a result of a call to the X server generates a event on each window that has that
       colormap.

can generate a error.

The function removes the specified colormap from the required list for its screen.  As a result, the specified colormap might be unin-
       stalled, and the X server might implicitly install or uninstall additional colormaps.  Which colormaps get installed or uninstalled is
       server-dependent except that the required list must remain installed.

If the specified colormap becomes uninstalled, the X server generates a event on each window that has that colormap.  In addition, for
       every other colormap that is installed or uninstalled as a result of a call to the X server generates a event on each window that has that
       colormap.

can generate a error.

The function returns a list of the currently installed colormaps for the screen of the specified window.  The order of the colormaps in the
       list is not significant and is no explicit indication of the required list.  When the allocated list is no longer needed, free it by using

can generate a error.

Diagnostics
       A value for a Colormap argument does not name a defined Colormap.

A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window.

See Also
       XChangeWindowAtrributes(3X11), XCreateColormap(3X11), XCreateWindow(3X11), XFree(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

XInstallColormap(3X11)