Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Greater Than
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Greater Than Post 39753 by Lem2003 on Friday 29th of August 2003 10:06:28 AM
Old 08-29-2003
Thanks, I was just seeing an example in a book. Is this the only way to do it? Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

greater than less than in case

Hi , I want to do the following: i=6 case $i in -lt 10) echo Period=10 ;; -gt 10 && -lt 15) echo Period-15 ;; >15 && <20) echo Period=20 ;; >20 && <30) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK greater than?

Sorry for such a basic question, but I have spent hours trying to work this out! I need an awk command (or similar) that will look at a text file and output to the screen if the 4th column of each line has a value greater than or equal to x. data.txt This is the 1 line This is the 2 line This... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print lines which are greater than

I have a file which has a list of titles and then 14 lines afterwards. I need to find the 1 through 14 lines which are greater than 15k and print the title and the line which matched. Sample before: ABC.CDE.NORTH.NET 1:18427 2:302 3:15559 4:105 5:5 6:2 7:2 8:2 9:4 10:2 11:17 12:2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Greater Than Or Equal To

BASH problem with IS GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO. I have tried a dozen variations for this IF statement to work with IS GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO. My code below WORKS. array=( $( /usr/bin/sar -q 1 30 |grep Average |awk '{print $2,$3}' ) ) nthreads="${array}" avproc="${array}" if && ; then ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: diex
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find greater than value

Hi I want to find greater than and min value. dategrep() { varlinenum=$1 varSESSTRANS_CL="$(egrep -n "<\/SESSTRANSFORMATIONINST>" tmpsess9580.txt | cut -d":" -f1)" echo $varSESSTRANS_CL } dategrep 8 Output of the above command is: I want to find out greater than 8 and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

greater than a certain value

I have an output from db which looks like : row1 row2 row3 abc 21.1 13 efg 21.1 45 ghi 21.1 75 when I apply following command ( cat my_output.txt | awk {'print $ 4' } I have following output : row3 13 45 75 now I want to figure out if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvok
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for numbers greater than x?

I have a file with multiple fields, example below File 1: Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field 6|Field 7|100 Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field 6|Field 7|101 Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field 6|Field 7|102 Field 1|Field 2|Field 3|Field 4|Field 5|Field... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: castrojc
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to get values greater than

data.txt August 09 17:16 2013 August 09 17:17 2013 August 09 17:19 2013 August 09 17:20 2013 August 09 17:21 2013 August 09 17:22 2013 August 09 17:23 2013 August 09 17:24 2013 to print from a point in this file, to the end of the file, i type: awk '/August 09 17:22/,0' data.txt. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and substitute if greater than.

I have large config-files for an application. The lines have different structure, but some of them contains the parameter 'TIMEOUT=x', where x is an numeric value. I want to change the value for that specific paramater if the value is greater than a specific value (got that?). The timeout-parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Greater than specific number

please let me know how to construct if then else by comparing two numbers if it is greater than 10000. I need to do some specific task executed. can you help me out in shell scripting plz. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
6 Replies
DOMDOCUMENT.GETELEMENTBYID(3)						 1					     DOMDOCUMENT.GETELEMENTBYID(3)

DOMDocument::getElementById - Searches for an element with a certain id

SYNOPSIS
public DOMElement DOMDocument::getElementById (string $elementId) DESCRIPTION
This function is similar to "DOMDocument::getElementsByTagName" but searches for an element with a given id. For this function to work, you will need either to set some ID attributes with "DOMElement::setIdAttribute" or a DTD which defines an attribute to be of type ID. In the later case, you will need to validate your document with "DOMDocument::validate" or DOMDocument::$vali- dateOnParse before using this function. PARAMETERS
o $elementId - The unique id value for an element. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DOMElement or NULL if the element is not found. EXAMPLES
Example #1 DOMDocument::getElementById() Example The following examples use book.xml which contains the following: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE books [ <!ELEMENT books (book+)> <!ELEMENT book (title, author+, xhtml:blurb?)> <!ELEMENT title (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT blurb (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT author (#PCDATA)> <!ATTLIST books xmlns CDATA #IMPLIED> <!ATTLIST books xmlns:xhtml CDATA #IMPLIED> <!ATTLIST book id ID #IMPLIED> <!ATTLIST author email CDATA #IMPLIED> ]> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="style.xsl"?> <books xmlns="http://books.php/" xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <book id="php-basics"> <title>PHP Basics</title> <author email="jim.smith@basics.php">Jim Smith</author> <author email="jane.smith@basics.php">Jane Smith</author> <xhtml:blurb><![CDATA[ <p><em>PHP Basics</em> provides an introduction to PHP.</p> ]]></xhtml:blurb> </book> <book id="php-advanced"> <title>PHP Advanced Programming</title> <author email="jon.doe@advanced.php">Jon Doe</author> </book> </books> <?php $doc = new DomDocument; // We need to validate our document before refering to the id $doc->validateOnParse = true; $doc->Load('book.xml'); echo "The element whose id is 'php-basics' is: " . $doc->getElementById('php-basics')->tagName . " "; ?> The above example will output: The element whose id is 'php-basics' is: book SEE ALSO
DOMDocument::getElementsByTagName. PHP Documentation Group DOMDOCUMENT.GETELEMENTBYID(3)