Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hup
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hup Post 3850 by Optimus_P on Thursday 12th of July 2001 09:47:52 AM
Old 07-12-2001
isnt your pppd something you have to initiate via entering a command to tell it to dial or does it auto connect as soon as the daemon is started?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

samba, swat. how to send a HUP to inetd ?

solaris can't support pkill command:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
2 Replies

2. Linux

syslog hup

Hi All, I modified /etc/syslog.conf and execute kill -HUP syslogd_PID. There's nothing changes on the PID when I did ps -ef|grep syslogd. It's the same. Do you think it restarted the process of syslogd? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trapped Signal HUP

We encountered an issue in our project while using the Interix UNIX (SFU 3.5) and explained our query below. We would be happy if anybody helps us to troubleshoot the problem J In our code the trapping signal for all signals like HUP, INT, QUIT, ILL, TRAP, ABRT, EXCEPT, etc., is initialized in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAMESHPRABUDASS
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with HUP and SEGV.

Hello - I need to know the detail of HUP and SEGV. I know HUP is Hangup and can be use to kill a Unix login session remotely by sending a hangup signal to the process running the login session. Could someone tell me in detail prupose of HUP and SEGV (segmentation violation)? I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namasteall2000
1 Replies

5. Solaris

sudo for permission kill -HUP

Hi, I'm trying to provide "/usr/bin/kill -HUP" command to one of the user using sudo file. I have configured sudo as following: $cat /etc/sudoers User_Alias AA=conadmin Cmnd_Alias KILL1=/usr/bin/kill -HUPAA ALL=NOPASSWD:KILL1 When I login as the user and execute 'sudo -l' command, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohzub
2 Replies
IRNETD(4)						       Linux-IrDA man pages							 IRNETD(4)

NAME
irnetd - Handle automatically incoming IrNET connections SYNOPSIS
irnetd [ppp-options] DESCRIPTION
Irnetd is a very simple daemon automatically handling incoming IrNET connections. Every time a peer attempt to connect to the local com- puter, irnetd generates the relevant pppd(8) command to starts an IrNET server handling this peer. PARAMETERS
ppp-options Override the default pppd(8) options. These options will just be passed on the command line of pppd(8). The default options are "noauth nolock connect-delay 0 idle 10" which should fit most usages. AUTHOR
Jean Tourrilhes - jt@hpl.hp.com FILES
/dev/irnet SEE ALSO
irda(7), irnet(4), pppd(8), irattach(8), irdadump(8). irda-utils 2 May 2003 IRNETD(4)