Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers PID -> User (I need to know the user of a PID) Post 37776 by Kh@lid on Saturday 28th of June 2003 02:39:55 PM
Old 06-28-2003
Question PID -> User (I need to know the user of a PID)

Hello,

There is a very high load on the mySQL in my server (Unix/Linux (WHM - RedHat 7.3)), in 'TOP' I knew the PID numbers that make the load on the memory... So how can I now the user of this PID?

It's very hard to get it from 'Apache Status' at WHM..

So please help Smilie !

(High Priority)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

printing ppid,child pid,pid

question: for the below program i just printed the value for pid, child pid and parent pid why does it give me 6 values? i assume ppid is 28086 but can't figure out why there are 5 values printed instead of just two! can someone comment on that! #include<stdio.h> #define DIM 8 int... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pid=0

What OS does not use PID=0? is it FreeBSD? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmajin
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting PID

Hi , I am trying to get the PID using the following command: $ /usr/ucb/ps -auwwwwx | grep java | grep Proceess | ptree PID or $ /usr/ucb/ps -auwwwwx | grep java | grep Proceess;ptree PID it is possible to get PID, such that I check whether any orphan process is running. solution... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Bhat
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Session PID & socket connection pid

1. If I use an software application(which connects to the database in the server) in my local pc, how many PID should be registered? Would there be PID for the session and another PID for socket connection? 2. I noticed (through netstat) that when I logged in using the my software application,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcx26
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KILL PID, intern should kill another PID.

Hi All, In my project i have two process runs in the back end. Once i start my project, and execute the command ps, i get below output: PID TTY TIME CMD 9086 pts/1 0:00 ksh 9241 pts/1 0:02 java 9240 pts/1 0:00 shell_script_bg java with 9241 PID is the main... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrgarlapati
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable

Hi, I need to get the pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable and i want to use this value(pid) of the variable for some process. Please can anyone tell me how to get the pid of a process and store it in a variable. please help me on this. Thanks in advance, Amudha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get pid

Hello people, This question might seem to be a little naive but here it goes: I want to know the PID of a script that is running in the background. eg: There is a script called Data_Downloader.sh I am using the command: ps -ef | grep Data_Downloader.sh But I am getting the output as wrkarea... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajat
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining if user is local-user in /etc/passwd or LDAP user

Besides doing some shell-script which loops through /etc/passwd, I was wondering if there was some command that would tell me, like an enhanced version of getent. The Operating system is Solaris 10 (recent-ish revision) using Sun DS for LDAP. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pid=$!

Hello, I would like to know what this command means? PID=$! what does "!" stand for? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: googlietdr
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to save a pid of a child started with $: su <user> -c “nohup …”

Hello, I want to save pid of a child process but I get empty file. su myuser -c "nohup ./mydaemon.sh >/dev/null 2>&1 & print $! > mydaemon.pid" This one works: nohup ./mydaemon.sh >/dev/null 2>&1 & print $! > mydaemon.pid Please help. Thank you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincegata
2 Replies
condor_procd(1)                                               General Commands Manual                                              condor_procd(1)

Name
       condor_procd Track - and manage process families

Synopsis
       condor_procd -h

condor_procd-A address-file[options]

Description
       condor_procdtracks  and  manages process families on behalf of the Condor daemons. It may track families of PIDs via relationships such as:
       direct parent/child, environment variables, UID, and supplementary group IDs. Management of the PID families include

* registering new families or new members of existing families

* getting usage information

* signaling families for operations such as suspension, continuing, or killing the family

* getting a snapshot of the tree of families In a regular Condor installation, this program is not intended to be used  or  executed  by
          any human.

The  required  argument,  -A  address-file,  is the path and file name of the address file which is the named pipe that clients must use to
       speak with the condor_procd.

Options
       -h

Print out usage information and exit.

-D

Wait for the debugger. Initially sleep 30 seconds before beginning normal function.

-C principal

The principalis the UID of the owner of the named pipe that clients must use to speak to the condor_procd .

-L log-file

A file the condor_procd will use to write logging information.

-E

When specified, another tool such as the procd_ctltool must allocate the GID associated with a process. When this  option  is  notspeci-
          fied, the condor_procd will allocate the GID itself.

-P PID

If  not  specified,  the  condor_procd  will  use  the condor_procd 's parent, which may not be PID 1 on Unix, as the parent of the con-
          dor_procd and the root of the tracking family. When not specified, if the condor_procd 's parent PID dies, the condor_procd exits.  When
          specified, the condor_procd will track this PIDfamily in question and not also exit if the PID exits.

-S seconds

The maximum number of seconds the condor_procd will wait between taking snapshots of the tree of families. Different clients to the con-
          dor_procd can specify different snapshot times. The quickest snapshot time is the one performed by the condor_procd . When  this  option
          is not specified, a default value of 60 seconds is used.

-G min-gid max-gid

If  the  -Eoption  is notspecified, then track process families using a self-allocated, free GID out of the inclusive range specified by
          min-gidand max-gid. This means that if a new process shows up using a previously known GID, the new process will automatically associate
          into  the process family assigned that GID. If the -Eoption isspecified, then instead of self-allocating the GID, the procd_ctltool must
          be used to associate the GID with the PID root of the family. The associated GID must still be in the range specified. This is a  Linux-
          only feature.

-K windows-softkill-binary

This  is the path and executable name of the condor_softkill.exebinary. It is used to send softkill signals to process families. This is
          a Windows-only feature.

-I glexec-kill-path glexec-path

Specifies, with glexec-kill-path, the path and executable name of a binary used to send a signal to a PID. The  glexecbinary,  specified
          by glexec-path, executes the program specified with glexec-kill-pathunder the right privileges to send the signal.

General Remarks
       This  program  may be used in a stand alone mode, independent of Condor, to track process families. The programs procd_ctland gidd_allocare
       used with the condor_procdin stand alone mode to interact with the daemon and to inquire about certain state of running  processes  on  the
       machine, respectively.

Exit Status
       condor_procdwill exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and it will exit with the value 1 (one) upon failure.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright  (C)  1990-2012  Condor  Team,  Computer  Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI. All Rights Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012                                                   condor_procd(1)