Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Menu script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Menu script Post 37381 by inquirer on Tuesday 17th of June 2003 09:11:39 PM
Old 06-17-2003
follow up question ...

i tried to do search on how to create color text in UNIX and found some. but when i tried to apply them it seems not to be working. i dont know if there is something to do with my terminal settings. if i understand it right my terminal should support colors in order to make one. if so, how can i know my terminal settings and change them? is it permanent or temporary?

thanks,

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with script for menu

I'm working on a script for a basic menu with four options. The first option for the menu asks a user to put in anyone's user name and is supposed to display the user's home directory. If a user does not enter a name, then their own home directory should be displayed. The second menu option is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinjin
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu Script

So, I need help writing a Menu script in UNIX. First how can I use letters for the options instead of numbers? Also, is there any templates out on the web I can use? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gboy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script menu problem

Hi there, I am new to Unix and at the moment I am trying to solve my assignment that is to create a script for the program to prompt user to type three codes, from user point of view it should be done by typing codes separating them by spaces. Then program displays a menu with these three... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dannel
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu Script looping

Hi , I have a menu driven script as shown below echo "" echo "*** 1 - option 1 " echo "*** " echo "*** 2 - option 2 " echo "*** 3 - option 3 " ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script menu

hi guys, how would you do the following? I have a menu with 5 options in my shell script: 1. Run function 1 against files 2. Run function 2 against files 3. Run function 3 against files 4. Run function 4 against files 5. Run function 5 against files I'd like to be able to run multiple... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu in Menu script issue

Problem: I am trying to create a menu in a menu script and I am running into an issue with the calculator portion of the script. I am first presented with the ==Options Menu== which all 5 options working correctly. Now comes the fun part. I select option 1 which takes me to my ==Calculator... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iDdraig
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in create menu with 3 sub menu using the case command

hi all i am a newbie to this is there any examples on creating a main menu with 3 sub menu main menu -> option a , b and c a menu -> option 1 ,2 and 3 b menu -> option 1 ,2 c menu -> option 1 ,2 i am getting headache as my code kept getting unexpected EOF ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercm
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to call a menu script and redirect each option to a text file

Hello, I want to design a script that will call an existing menu script and select options one by one and redirict the out put to a file. For example;- In the script MENU.sh there are 10 options i want to design a script MENU2.sh that will select option 2 3 4 6 7 10 and redirict the output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spradha
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Gnome 3.28.3 menu item dissapears under the system menu

I installed CentOS 8 with Gnome 3.28.2 and I noticed that the "switch user" menu item disappeared from under the system menu of Gnome classic (Both X11 & Wayland). I checked google and this problem seems to have a history going back several releases of Gnome. Unfortunately, I never found a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bodisha
1 Replies
Menu::Item(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Menu::Item(3pm)

NAME
Tk::Menu::Item - Base class for Menu items SYNOPSIS
require Tk::Menu::Item; my $but = $menu->Button(...); $but->configure(...); my $what = $but->cget(); package Whatever; require Tk::Menu::Item; @ISA = qw(Tk::Menu::Item); sub PreInit { my ($class,$menu,$info) = @_; $info->{'-xxxxx'} = ... my $y = delete $info->{'-yyyy'}; } DESCRIPTION
Tk::Menu::Item is the base class from which Tk::Menu::Button, Tk::Menu::Cascade, Tk::Menu::Radiobutton and Tk::Menu::Checkbutton are derived. There is also a Tk::Menu::Separator. Constructors are declared so that $menu->Button(...) etc. do what you would expect. The "-label" option is pre-processed allowing ~ to be prefixed to the character to derive a "-underline" value. Thus $menu->Button(-label => 'Goto ~Home',...) is equivalent to $menu->Button(-label => 'Goto Home', -underline => 6, ...) The "Cascade" menu item creates a sub-menu and accepts these options: -menuitems A list of items for the sub-menu. Within this list (which is also accepted by Menu and Menubutton) the first two elements of each item should be the "constructor" name and the label: -menuitems => [ [Button => '~Quit', -command => [destroy => $mw]], [Checkbutton => '~Oil', -variable => $oil], ] -postcommand A callback to be invoked before posting the menu. -tearoff Specifies whether sub-menu can be torn-off or not. -menuvar Scalar reference that will be set to the newly-created sub-menu. The returned object is currently a blessed reference to an array of two items: the containing Menu and the 'label'. Methods "configure" and "cget" are mapped onto underlying "entryconfigure" and "entrycget". The main purpose of the OO interface is to allow derived item classes to be defined which pre-set the options used to create a more basic item. BUGS
This OO interface is very new. Using the label as the "key" is a problem for separaror items which don't have one. The alternative would be to use an index into the menu but that is a problem if items are deleted (or inserted other than at the end). There should probably be a PostInit entry point too, or a more widget like defered 'configure'. perl v5.14.2 2010-05-29 Menu::Item(3pm)