Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Kernal Panic
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Kernal Panic Post 36976 by jcoleman544 on Monday 9th of June 2003 10:38:39 AM
Old 06-09-2003
Thanks,

I'm running Sco Open Server 5.0.6

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

kernal log message

Hi all, we have been noticed that few of processes failed with no reason. when I chcked the log messages, I have got the following error messages writen to ktlog just a few minutes before! When the kernel writes such warning meassages? will the system sends/generates any signals like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reddyb
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

kernal parameters on Linux 7.3

Hi all, I am running 7.3 Redhat Linux, I have Oracle database running on it and I have some problem with the memory. every time I startup the database, the memory was peak up to 630M of Ram out 640M ram on the entire box and I didn't specify that much of memory on my database. Oracle advise me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lapnguyen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does the Kernal schedules Tasks?

hello all, as we know that the kernal Schedules tasks with some time slice given to each. how does the Kernal know that the time of a Task has been elapsed? does it follow the syatem Clock?or how? thanks for your time (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: compbug
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernal Information

Hi friends, i would like to know the kernal information (semaphores), which command do i use Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaan_dmp
4 Replies

5. Linux

Kernal panic error& setuproot:error mounting /proc&/sys

Hi all, I am new to redhat/fedora linux. In fedora linux 6,we created one file system(hda3 - /fs). in this mount poing we were installed mounta vista os. while booting we are getting below error messages. 1) Booting 'mountaVisat(2.6.18_pro 500_pc_target-x86_586 smp)' root(hd0,1)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunreddy3
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic kernal-mode address fault on user address 0x14

:) Firstly Hi all!!, im NEW!! and on here hoping that someone might be able to offer me some help... i have a server that keeps crashing every few days with the error message: PANIC KERNAL-MODE ADDRESS FAULT ON USER ADDRESS 0X14 KERNAL PAGE FAULT FROM (CS:EIP)=(100:EF71B5BD) EAX=EF822000... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twix
10 Replies

7. Solaris

kernal parameter setting

hi, can anybody tell me how to increase the parameters like project.max-shm-ids on solaris10. i have used prctl, but got reset while server reboot. thnks and regards Ajay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
1 Replies

8. SCO

Kernal Panic questions

I am trying to restore Unixware 7.1 from a backup using RestoreEdge which is from Microline version 2. The restore is on another machine using the same RAID controller and TBU. We are retiring the other machine. Anyway, we get to disk #2 and it panics. Here is the Pic. Can anyone tell me... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccd1977
13 Replies

9. Solaris

Kernal Parameters

Hi, Can you please let me know about kernal parameters? Where we can see that kernal parameters? we are using System = SunOS 5.10. Please let me know commands to see these kernal parameters file or files. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kancherla.sree
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Error: kernal panic not syncing

HI All, server stopped here, we are suspecting server crash, need install new OS. Any suggestions on this. kindly help to us. Thanks Rajesh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
0 Replies
Net::Server::Fork(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Net::Server::Fork(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Fork - Net::Server personality SYNOPSIS
use Net::Server::Fork; @ISA = qw(Net::Server::Fork); sub process_request { #...code... } __PACKAGE__->run(); DESCRIPTION
Please read the pod on Net::Server first. This module is a personality, or extension, or sub class, of the Net::Server module. This personality binds to one or more ports and then waits for a client connection. When a connection is received, the server forks a child. The child handles the request and then closes. With the exception of parent/child signaling, this module will work (with basic functionality) on Win32 systems. ARGUMENTS
check_for_dead Number of seconds to wait before looking for dead children. This only takes place if the maximum number of child processes (max_servers) has been reached. Default is 60 seconds. max_servers The maximum number of children to fork. The server will not accept connections until there are free children. Default is 256 children. max_dequeue The maximum number of dequeue processes to start. If a value of zero or undef is given, no dequeue processes will be started. The number of running dequeue processes will be checked by the check_for_dead variable. check_for_dequeue Seconds to wait before forking off a dequeue process. It is intended to use the dequeue process to take care of items such as mail queues. If a value of undef is given, no dequeue processes will be started. CONFIGURATION FILE
See Net::Server. PROCESS FLOW
Process flow follows Net::Server until the post_accept phase. At this point a child is forked. The parent is immediately able to wait for another request. The child handles the request and then exits. HOOKS
The Fork server has the following hooks in addition to the hooks provided by the Net::Server base class. See Net::Server "$self->pre_accept_hook()" This hook occurs just before the accept is called. "$self->pre_fork_hook()" This hook occurs just after accept but before the fork. "$self->post_accept_hook()" This hook occurs in the child after the accept and fork. "$self->run_dequeue()" This hook only gets called in conjuction with the check_for_dequeue setting. TO DO
See Net::Server AUTHOR
Paul Seamons <paul@seamons.com> Rob Brown <bbb@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
Please see also Net::Server::INET, Net::Server::PreFork, Net::Server::MultiType, Net::Server::SIG Net::Server::Single perl v5.12.1 2007-02-03 Net::Server::Fork(3)