Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Kernal Panic
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Kernal Panic Post 36975 by RTM on Monday 9th of June 2003 10:37:02 AM
Old 06-09-2003
Here is a link on Kernel Panics -

Your system attempted to do a dump of memory into a core file - the space you have allocated for this was not big enough to save it all. You should read the information in the link and then figure out where you might be able to create enough space (different for what OS you are running).

Please post the OS and version and any other information you might have. Once you have the space to save the dumps, you will have to wait until it happens again to get better information on what to do. I don't know if folks on this site can help with reading your core dump but I'm sure they will have more suggestions for you.

Getting your system up to the latest patch level might help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

kernal log message

Hi all, we have been noticed that few of processes failed with no reason. when I chcked the log messages, I have got the following error messages writen to ktlog just a few minutes before! When the kernel writes such warning meassages? will the system sends/generates any signals like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reddyb
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

kernal parameters on Linux 7.3

Hi all, I am running 7.3 Redhat Linux, I have Oracle database running on it and I have some problem with the memory. every time I startup the database, the memory was peak up to 630M of Ram out 640M ram on the entire box and I didn't specify that much of memory on my database. Oracle advise me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lapnguyen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does the Kernal schedules Tasks?

hello all, as we know that the kernal Schedules tasks with some time slice given to each. how does the Kernal know that the time of a Task has been elapsed? does it follow the syatem Clock?or how? thanks for your time (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: compbug
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernal Information

Hi friends, i would like to know the kernal information (semaphores), which command do i use Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaan_dmp
4 Replies

5. Linux

Kernal panic error& setuproot:error mounting /proc&/sys

Hi all, I am new to redhat/fedora linux. In fedora linux 6,we created one file system(hda3 - /fs). in this mount poing we were installed mounta vista os. while booting we are getting below error messages. 1) Booting 'mountaVisat(2.6.18_pro 500_pc_target-x86_586 smp)' root(hd0,1)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunreddy3
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic kernal-mode address fault on user address 0x14

:) Firstly Hi all!!, im NEW!! and on here hoping that someone might be able to offer me some help... i have a server that keeps crashing every few days with the error message: PANIC KERNAL-MODE ADDRESS FAULT ON USER ADDRESS 0X14 KERNAL PAGE FAULT FROM (CS:EIP)=(100:EF71B5BD) EAX=EF822000... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twix
10 Replies

7. Solaris

kernal parameter setting

hi, can anybody tell me how to increase the parameters like project.max-shm-ids on solaris10. i have used prctl, but got reset while server reboot. thnks and regards Ajay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
1 Replies

8. SCO

Kernal Panic questions

I am trying to restore Unixware 7.1 from a backup using RestoreEdge which is from Microline version 2. The restore is on another machine using the same RAID controller and TBU. We are retiring the other machine. Anyway, we get to disk #2 and it panics. Here is the Pic. Can anyone tell me... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccd1977
13 Replies

9. Solaris

Kernal Parameters

Hi, Can you please let me know about kernal parameters? Where we can see that kernal parameters? we are using System = SunOS 5.10. Please let me know commands to see these kernal parameters file or files. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kancherla.sree
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Error: kernal panic not syncing

HI All, server stopped here, we are suspecting server crash, need install new OS. Any suggestions on this. kindly help to us. Thanks Rajesh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
0 Replies
SVN::Dump::Headers(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     SVN::Dump::Headers(3)

NAME
SVN::Dump::Headers - Headers of a SVN dump record SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
An "SVN::Dump::Headers" object represents the headers of a SVN dump record. METHODS
"SVN::Dump::Headers" provides the following methods: new( [$hashref] ) Create and return a new empty "SVN::Dump::Headers" object. If $hashref is given (it can be a blessed hash reference), the keys from the hash are used to initialise the headers. set($h, $v) Set the $h header to the value $v. "_" can be used as a replacement for "-" in the header name. get($h) Get the value of header $h. "_" can be used as a replacement for "-" in the header name. keys() Return the list of headers, in canonical order. as_string() Return a string that represents the record headers. type() It is possible to guess the record type from its headers. This method returns a string that represents the record type. The string is one of "revision", "node", "uuid" or "format". The method dies if it can't determine the record type. ENCAPSULATION
When using "SVN::Dump" to manipulate a SVN dump, one should not directly access the "SVN::Dump::Headers" component of a "SVN::Dump::Record", but use the "set_header()" and "get_header()" methods of the record object. SEE ALSO
"SVN::Dump::Record". COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2006 Philippe 'BooK' Bruhat, All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2008-06-12 SVN::Dump::Headers(3)